Search results

1. Aquineas

Super-boring off-season so far; wouldn't you agree?

Everything's static, nothing's changing. September will come with a basically an unchanged roster, staff, and scheme. Except for the potential changes at long-snapper, I declare that we can all just patiently sit back and wait until September without obsessing. For me, I'm looking forward to...
  2. Aquineas

Joe Buck Singletary Interview

This is a great interview. Apologies if it's already been posted. Interview
  3. Aquineas

It's sad really...

I received an email in my inbox from the Chicago Bears hyping the upcoming NFL Draft. I also saw the official tweet indicating that the "Bears are on the Clock" (or something along those lines). Our team has sucked for so long that peak excitement for the Bears is immediately following the NFL...
  4. Aquineas

OT: NFL considered taking action due to projected extreme cold for Miami at KC

NWS indicates that the temperature could below zero with a windchill between -10 to -35F. As much as I feel for the players, honestly I'm glad they're not moving it. With the home-field advantage that Miami enjoys (heat, humidity, visitor sideline in the open while the home sideline is under...
  5. Aquineas

D'Onta Foreman?

The Bears certainly aren't hurting for talent with the current running backs, but what happened to this dude? Is he just not dressing for games?
  6. Aquineas

OT: WRs vs DBs, week 17 highlights

I stumbled upon this YouTube channel while waiting for my project to build. It shows isolation video footage of this week's WR vs DB battles. Pretty cool if you like to keep your eyes on what is happening past the line of scrimmage. One thing that is pretty telling is how much separation some...
  7. Aquineas

OT IGT CFP Texas vs Washington

Texas cornerbacks are getting exposed. A stat flashed a few minutes ago that Penix is averaging 31.4 yards per completion.
  8. Aquineas

If the Bears win out, do you keep the band together?

The defense has been looking much better.
  9. Aquineas

Meanwhile, Claypool is tearing it up in Miami..

He just had a knee procedure and will be out a couple of weeks, but before that he was breaking games wide open.
  10. Aquineas

OT: Teams that look worse than the Bears

I'm going to start this with the Giants. My word they look terrible.
  11. Aquineas

Starting Safety- Poll

So I wouldn't say this young secondary is all-pro, but they are improving, which begs the question, what do we do when EJ returns.
  12. Aquineas

Some 2023 questions I'm looking forward to having answered

I'm very optimistic about the 2023 season, but I do have some questions that I'd love to see get resolved positively. In no particular order: I want to see how Wright performs against speedier (rather than bull-rush) edge rushers. Yes, I know he's as strong as an ox. Yes, I know he's light on...
  13. Aquineas

What RB would you draft if these guys came out at the same time

So we're talking modern era medical capability (which would have extended Sayers' career). I included a couple of current players in there as a couple of 2K yard players.
  14. Aquineas

Ex Bears Defensive Coordinator Vince Tobin passes away at age 79

Apologies if this was already posted. Many may not realize this, but statistically, the 1986 Bears defense coached by Tobin was actually better than the 1985 Bears defense coached by Ryan. Ryan's defense was a train, Tobin's defense was a precise instrument. Anyway, he got a bit of a bad rap...
  15. Aquineas

Justin Chase Claypool comments

Justin Fields had some positive comments about Chase Claypool: So maybe there's cause for optimism. In any case it seems unstated but implied that this year is an improvement from last year.
  16. Aquineas

Post-draft free agents signed

(I apologize if this is a dup; if it is feel free to delete it and bump the other thread) Here is every undrafted free agent the Bears signed Keep an eye on De'Jahn "Nugget" Warren, Defensive Back from Jackson State. He was originally a 4-star recruit from Georgia. 6'1, 185, allegedly ran a...
  17. Aquineas

Brett Favre's last play

18. Aquineas

Roughly 2 years from now, NFC Championship Game will be in Chicago

I'm calling it now. I hope my health will hold up to see it, but either or, Bears are going to represent after two good consecutive drafts.
  19. Aquineas

Ted Phillips on why the Bears have sucked during his tenure

Well he's not entirely wrong : (Sorry if this SportsMockery link was previously posted; I've been distracted with work and not following the boards as closely the last couple of days) Ted Phillips Was Brutally Honest About Why His Presidency Failed I would add: Poor drafting Over-compensated...
  20. Aquineas

Ex-Bears that I saw playing for other teams this weekend

Going from memory here... Bryce Callahan, Chargers (got beaten for a couple of key plays by Christian Kirk, but actually had pretty decent coverage on those plays) Akiem Hicks, Tampa Bay (didn't see much of the game last night, but he was a force against the run in the little bit that I did...