Search results

1. Runruffshod75

Odunze (every catch)

He quietly does everything right. When Odunze was asked by his coaches to improve upon his win rate on contested catches, from one year to the next his win rate jumped from around 50% to over 70% and will likely continue to improve. He has improved his ability to beat press coverage year over...
  2. Runruffshod75

20 mins of CW playing from the pocket

Well you know this goes. Those who complain about Williams style of play have to have their catch 22s ready and loaded. They want to bitch that he plays backyard football out of structure behind a shitty offensive at USC. Yet when you find film of him playing in structure the same people want...
  3. Runruffshod75

Worst Option for #9?

If they stay at 9 I hope the pick is Odunze too, and if he's not there then Bowers as a second choice. If neither are there it would be nice if they could move back just far enough to recoup a second round pick and still get a DE like Verse somewhere between 10 th 15. I agree. If the Bears...
  4. Runruffshod75

Worst Option for #9?

Stop it. Just stop it. Odunze would be a fucking GREAT pick. Nabers wouldn't hurt either but the Bears already have that WR with DJ Moore. They're the same WR. Odunze would give this offense a WR element it currently lacks with a big athletic WR with speed who can win the 50/50s. Ondunze...
  5. Runruffshod75

Where were you when..

I was in Canton NY studying for an exam and writing up a term paper. I got a lot of work done over the first 3 quarters of that game. The 4th quarter got underway and my roommates prolly wanted to kill me for jumping around my room like Donkey Kong when that game turned on a dime. God, Tony...
  6. Runruffshod75

Chop Robinson about to soar up draft boards

Has anyone watched Chop Robinson beyond his highlight reels against slow footed OTS? Robinson gets driven like a fence post by any OTs that have the footwork to get to their spot. Let alone OTs of a pro pedigree The only 4-3 defensive end in this class that really has what it takes to not just...
  7. Runruffshod75

Getting more picks

Exactly. If there isnt a trade down ar 9 that allows them to have their cake and eat it too by essentially allowing them to move back around or close to 15, recoup a second and still get a top DE, 3TECH, or WR, then I would hope they emphasize quality over quantity. I would even argue to use...
  8. Runruffshod75

A message from Olin

Outside of the Center position, rookie hiccups with Wright, and Davis not playing well the line wasn't all that bad. I would guess that Wright will take a step forward this year. It's not unreasonable to expect Davis to step up also. The Bears could use a new CENTER and thats not going to...
  9. Runruffshod75

Byron Murphy is a dark horse target at 9

I'm fine with Murphy. Just not at 9. I wouldn't take Muphy or Newton at 9. If the Bears don't take Muphy at 9 I bet anyone the farm that he goes well after the 20th pick. I think if the Bears could trade back to around 15 and still get Verse and recoup a second round pick. That would be best...
  10. Runruffshod75

state your position now

If the Bears draft Verse at #9 to help this defense close out 4th quarter leads and use that 4th round pick to move up in round 3 for someone like Xavier Leggette the Bears will absolutely be a playoff team next year.
  11. Runruffshod75

At pick 9

Hopefully they have three or four players they'd run to the podium for at 9, and put that list to the side and explore trade down options if there are any. If there's nothing that will net them a second round pick and a first inside of the top 20 or even a high third and a first pick inside of...
  12. Runruffshod75

[Brett Kollmann] Nobody can block Jared Verse.

He's right. I used to watch Verse back when he first started making his own bones about 45 minutes down the road from me in SUNY ALBANY with the GREAT DANES. I've watched Verse play up close and he is a fucking DAWG. That bullrush is fucking beautiful.
  13. Runruffshod75

#9 pick choice?

That's kind of what I'm hoping for. Verse or Newton. I'm hoping they could move back enough to recoup a second pick, get Verse and then take a flyer on Xavier Leggette in round 2. Now that Poles has traded for Allen who will spend time in the slot, a WR with Leggette would be able to come in...
  14. Runruffshod75

Is Chase Young worth a one or two year deal to open up pick 9?

I'm not impressed with Chase Young at all. I'm really warming up to the idea of Jared Verse with the Bears second pick wherever that may fall. Verse has everything I want to see. Verse has the natural burst off the LOS. Verse has a nasty power bullrush, violent hands and passrushing techniques...
  15. Runruffshod75

Glazer: Bears acquire WR Allen

Pretty good trade that saved what was shaping.up to be a bleak FA period. Verse or Latu would be an excellent pick at 9 and even better if they could move back a few spots and still get either. IMO, Verse is the most complete hand in the dirt DE that plays through immediate contact better than...
  16. Runruffshod75

No surprise that Poles BLOWS it AGAIN

No you don't. No GM in the NFL or any sport is signing any player with zero expectations on the present/future. You also claim that building in FA is a terrible idea yet here is Ryan Poles again filling out the roster on hopes of best case scenarios and second rate players rather than signing...
  17. Runruffshod75

FREE AGENCY NO NEWS THREAD

8-9 here we come. Ryan Poles is fucking idiot.
  18. Runruffshod75

Grade the RB Swift Signing

Well that was fuckin' stupid.
  19. Runruffshod75

Grade S Kevin Byard signing

Gave him a B. I hate giving B grades because it feels like a safe grade. I'm not concerned about his age since he's only 30. When a player is over 32 or 33 I start to cringe a bit. Sign a DE and draft a couple of 3TECHs to rotate into the D LINE and this signing will look more like a B+ or...
  20. Runruffshod75

Poles Has 5 Picks, What's He End With?

Im guessing 6 or 7 picks. 'm hoping Poles can move back out of 9 to somewhere around the middle of Round 1 then takes Jer Zahn Newton and recoup a second round pick to snag up Leggett out of S.C., then Ruke Orhorhoro in round 3. Anything after that look for young talent that's fallen through...