Search results

1. RacerX

Just Follow the Money

Endless debate over drafting CW vs keeping JF and building around him, both camps offer compelling cases as far as I'm concerned. And endless debate trying to read the tea leaves and speculating what Poles has in mind. And everyone is missing the point, and failing to ask the paramount...
  2. RacerX

Tiered QB Value Chart

Disclaimer: no one was more hyped than me for Cade McNown, so take it FWIW. I see 3 tiers of risk-adjusted QB prospects based on the resources the Bears would have to invest to obtain the draftees vs the risk/likelihood of their NFL success -> Tier 1: [I think each has a very good chance of...
  3. RacerX

Boring Sober January

Day 5 of no drinking and it’s boring AF. My record is Jan 10, last year I only made it to Jan 2. Anyone else trying this foolishnes?
  4. RacerX

ZOMBIE Pandemic Beer-Virus Quarantine Food Blog & Entertainment

DAY 1: Sipping Tapatio Excellencia while cooking chicken with okra in a tomato sauce (my summer garden tomatoes), with a green salad starter. After dinner gonna eat a pot brownie and watch a Chappelle standup with wife and kids, then head to my man-cave to watch Walking Dead before passing out.
  5. RacerX

Jordan Bell <sigh>

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2770294-the-perfect-warrior FU GarPax!
  6. RacerX

Walter Grades on Bears (rolling)

First up, Glennon: March 9 Updates image: http://walterfootball.com/images/fball/bearsb_logo.gif Bears sign QB Mike Glennon (3 years, $45 million): D Grade As I mentioned in the NFL Free Agency Rumors page, the Bears were the only NFL team willing to give Mike Glennon more than $10 million...
  7. RacerX

D-Watson: 3rd-round talent per Walter/Charlie

http://walterfootball.com/scoutingreport2017dwatson.php Deshaun Watson Scouting Report By Charlie Campbell Strengths: Excellent character Strong leadership skills Work ethic Mobility Flashes ability to make some beautiful throws Tough; takes big hits Enough arm strength Can make all the...
  8. RacerX

The real problem with this team is that...

they are damned boring. Boring as fuck. Vanilla, sterile, lacking quality leadership, and a dearth of talent. Disruptive players? I guess AJ, when he feels like it, but that's pretty much it. When I saw JA working his draft/FA "magic", i knew it would take a GOOD GM at least 3 years to return...
  9. RacerX

In order to win this series....

...we are going to need some ugly goals and/or lucky bounces. Let's face it, our team is physically fried, probably mentally drained. And we have no semblance of competent depth on D behind the top 3 guys. And the Blues are pretty stacked, have the home ice, and a 3-2 advantage. That said...
  10. RacerX

Positives from today's loss

1. the very painful Rozsival era is nearing it's close 2. only one more year of Bigfoot's caphit That is all.
  11. RacerX

OT: Tequila/Chicago

I recall there was one (or two) Chicago-based posters here that professed to have some expertise in my favorite spirit - extra anejo. Can't remember who that was - I'm heading in to the Chi for a family reunion soon and want to take some family/friends out for a few rounds before staggering into...
  12. RacerX

Welcome Shanny, or Shanny-equivalent...

I can see it going down like this: Emery, gone. He can now sleep. Tres gone. Cutler - any reasonable trade options and he's gone, but it appears he is too toxic currently to move. Titans are far better of drafting a QB and allocating the dollars toward the tranches, doubt they are quite...
  13. RacerX

I guess Jay has assumed the Iron Chair

After a long line of predecessors, Alfonso Soriano became the poster-boy for moronic Chicago sports contracts. He was quickly followed by Carlos Boozer, and now that that those two contracts have expired, it's Jay's turn. Who will be next - Jon Lester? D-Rose? [if the Hawks weren't so strong...
  14. RacerX

Phil Never Sleeps!

Maybe the FF should take a nap. Horrid starting personnel + horrid depth + horrid coaches = shite GM. GTFO!
  15. RacerX

Strong Showing by the Squads from Miami and New Orleans

Only a handful of teams represented, but credit is due to the 'fins and 'aunts: http://sports.yahoo.com/photos/nfl-cheerleaders-week-11-slideshow/
  16. RacerX

More Likely to Implode this Week: Chi or SF?

Common Denominators: both teams have disappointed relative to expectations, injuries on D, QBs that are skilled but unreliable/inconsistent, trouble in the locker room, both on the road this week against HOF QBs. Which team is more likely to get crushed this week? GB spread is -7, N.O. is -5...
  17. RacerX

Surprises from the "1st Quarter" of the season

Surprises = none. Here's what any level-headed NFL fan knew going into the season about the Bears: 1. we/they will suffer injuries, like every team does, every year; 2. we/they have arguably the worst back-7 defensive personnel in the NFL, certainly within the bottom-3; 3. our 'new & improved...
  18. RacerX

JA & Lovie: When did you first realize...

they were inept? I can't seem to un-remember a couple inflection points, when I realized for certain they were dolts, as follows - JA: when he maneuvered around the draft board to select Danielle Manning, he of the scouting report that basically said he can run really fast but has no coverage...
  19. RacerX

Kyle Fuller fans...

Lots of local (SF) talk/speculation about the Niners trading up, and they are definitely targeting WR help, but the past two days I have been hearing that they covet Kyle Fuller and will make him a priority if they can find the right trade partner. I could see Phil selecting Fuller at #14 and...
  20. RacerX

Not a Mock, but if i was Phil, I would......

Round #1: go with secondary value, Dix/Pryor/Dennard/Gilbert - whoever drops Round #2: best available DT (that is not named Will Sutton) Round #3: Shane Skov, and if he's off the board Carl Bradford Round #4: best available QB or RB Round #5: best available RB or QB