Search results

1. Payton_34

Fantastic Time To Be A Fan Of Da Bears

First Bears QB I remember suffering through was Bob Avellini. Mike Phipps was thrown in the mix but wasn't much better. Then came Vince Evans. He was similar to JF1, very mobile and had a decent arm but no weapons outside of #34 (GOAT). Those were tough times that seem to be on repeat...
  2. Payton_34

Where were you when..

In a hotel room in Spokane, WA. Screaming my head off... mostly at Rex but then even louder for the comeback. Hotel guests must have thought some crazy shit was going on in my room.
  3. Payton_34

Worst Option for #9?

I wouldn't mind the Bears trading back from #9 and picking up JPJ (C - Oregon). I'd love a C - QB battery growing together and lasting a decade or more.
  4. Payton_34

Does this make sense?

You build the strongest roster you can around Fields. If, due to injury or regressions, you feel you need to move on from Fields in a year or two you use accumulated draft capital to move up and get one who has a great supporting cast to work with off the bat. It's all about the supporting...
  5. Payton_34

Who is the LT

I can't believe it's two weeks in and I already miss the off-season, when excitement and hope are at their zenith. I had my sights set on 2024 anyway but had hoped to see a positive trend with the Bears this season. Not even sure where to start or who is falling short the most (coaching, play...
  6. Payton_34

Bears change primary logo

I hope they never change their helmet. The C by itself is iconic and as it should be. The only thing I would tweak is making it symmetrical, and that's "bearly" noticable . As for the bear graphic, it desperately needs a makeover. It looks like kindergarten art. I've never worn or bought any...
  7. Payton_34

On the record - Darnell Wright - FTO

For the first time in recent memory the Bears got the guy I wanted in the 1st. Given their draft position, top needs, and combination of skill/character they're looking for in the locker room I think they hit a home run. Overall I love Poles' approach to building this team. There is no such...
  8. Payton_34

***OFFICAIL*** 2023 NFL DRAFT THREAD

They were gonna take Wright anyway at 9. There was zero risk moving back 1 spot, getting your guy plus something next year. Eagles weren't gonna give up the store.
  9. Payton_34

***OFFICAIL*** 2023 NFL DRAFT THREAD

Absolutely LOVE that pick. Bears got who they wanted/needed AND pick up future capital
  10. Payton_34

Claypool or the 32nd pick?

At the time, it was a good move trading for Claypool last year as Poles wanted to improve the options for Fields. What hurt Claypool was coming into a new offense halfway though the season and then both Mooney and Fields loosing time due to injury. So, we didn't get an honest gauge of what...
  11. Payton_34

***OFFICAIL*** RIP Ommy

He was a cancer to all message boards. Unfortunately, even though the main tumor has been removed, the cancer has spread.
  12. Payton_34

First Mock Post

I've simulated many mock drafts but haven't shared until now. This stuff can really be beat to death but it's all part of the off-season fun, and we haven't had an off-season as fun as this one in.... forever. I love the idea of trading down from #9 to pick up an early 2nd rnd pick while also...
  13. Payton_34

Any Cap Gurus out there?

Never mind. I found it.
  14. Payton_34

Any Cap Gurus out there?

Where does the Bears cap situation stand after each signing? Anyone know a good link that tracks that and updated in near-real-time?
  15. Payton_34

Brilliant Trade Reasons

Can we agree to stop saying Poles got 3 Firsts? While I'm happy with the deal, He got 1 First Round pick ('24) and a player who is arguably worth a First Round pick. The Bears swapped 1st round picks this year and everything else was the reward (profit) of swapping those picks. Not trying to...
  16. Payton_34

Is Anderson worth 1st?

I think Bears fans should forget about Anderson/Carter now and increase the assets. I'm guessing they either move to 2 then move again, or they trade straight down to 9 with Carolina and start drafting pieces to fill multiple holes and acquiring additional picks for 2024. It's gonna take at...
  17. Payton_34

Check out this mock I just finished.

Nice picks but a bit heavy on 2023 with no additional 2024 picks. I think the best option is to build in stages. Of course everything depends on what's done in FA but, not knowing that yet, I wouldn't mind going heavy on Defense in the early rounds while adding picks for 2024.
  18. Payton_34

Breer: Bears to stick with Fields, trade #1 pick

First, you need to understand leverage. Yes the Bears are in control of the #1 pick however, the market determines what that pick is worth. The more teams interested in a top QB (including the Bears) the more valuable that pick is. Also, events like Brady's retirement could have an impact...
  19. Payton_34

Breer: Bears to stick with Fields, trade #1 pick

Wouldn't the Bears FO want the "idea" floating around that they might be interested in taking a QB at the #1 spot and all options are on the table, even though behind closed doors, they're set with Fields? I understand it's a difficult smokescreen to pull off but any tool to increase the price...
  20. Payton_34

Would we even consider Michael Mayer?

Everything depends on what holes are filled in FA, then what picks could be acquired in potential draft trade(S). Finally, it would have to be the Bears 2nd or 3rd pick. He definitely has huge dual-threat value (blocker/receiver) and I'd love to pair him with Kmet in 2-TE sets, which I think...