Search results

1. oober

*** Official Peeps sick of the Mob Discussion***

Lets see where this goes... Complaints starting to grow with the take over of Zombie/Wentz threads. I say you all need to work it out, it's getting out of hand... Really don't want to bring out other tools at my discretion... I really have no problem with locking threads and giving time outs.
  2. oober

Researching mattresses

Little back round for the research. Looking for reviews from the great people here. I am a big guy, 6'4" 305lbs looking to buy a new bed. I move all over, back, side sleep mostly. I have bought top of the line coil in the past, but it is now time to purchase again. Budget is about 5k. What are...
  3. oober

*** OFFICIAL *** Week 5 NFL Gambling Thread

Let's try something different. I know people here like to discuss bets for the NFL. So let's have a thread going to discuss. Just remember, please don't mention websites and let's have fun with it.
  4. oober

***Official Thank You for Unbans***

Figured what the hell..... A lot of the guys back make site much more enjoyable... Some won't like it, but I think the majority will.... Welcome back guys!! Anyways. Thanks Rush!!
  5. oober

Puzzles, beneficial to brains or detriment to nerves

I've seen a few Chris Ramsey videos on these level 10 puzzles, just wondering if there are any here use them to keep the brain thinking, or are they just so frustrating to some you just end up breaking shit??????? Joking aside. I think messing around with these can stimulate brain activity in...
  6. oober

***Sort of Official***Bears vs Bills, Broadcasters drunk out of their minds IGT

Alright all.... GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  7. oober

Javy Baez and WAR

Trying to learn, but how is WAR actually created? Looking at the stats on ESPN, it has Lorenzo Cain above Javy. From looking at the total bases, it appears Javy is above Cain. Sortable Batting RK PLAYER TEAM AB R H 2B 3B HR RBI SB CS BB SO AVG OBP SLG OPS WAR 1 Lorenzo Cain MIL 422 66 130...
  8. oober

Have a dog with bladder cancer

Just wanted to share... So I have an awesome dog, her name is Hailey.... Anyways, she was diagnosed with bladder cancer about 7 months ago.... We have been watching her diet, giving her pain meds, piroxicam(for inflammation), we tried chemo, but it was worse when she was on it. We were at a...
  9. oober

Lacto-Fermented Hot Sauce

Well, It's time for another project. This week is making some lacto-fermented hot sauce. I would like to say this will be very hot, but it won't, my better half can only stand so much heat, so this will be more of a medium hot sauce. Anyways ingredients that are being used are. Not following...
  10. oober

Dehydrators and different types of food.

Question for all of ya.... Been making jerky for the last yr and sun dried tomatoes at the end of the growing season... Anyways. I forget the french term as a base for a lot of dishes is carrots, celery, and onion... Has anyone tried dehydrating these 3 ingredients to come up with a seasoning...
  11. oober

Freezing super sweet corn for the winter or anything else?

At this time of yr in Wisconsin, the super sweet corn become available. I always take the opportunity over the few weeks available to blanch, cut off the cob and freeze so we we have some awesome corn for the winter. Just wondering if anyone else does this for the best corn of the season or...
  12. oober

All star voting Contreras and Baez

Looks like Contreras has a small lead and Baez is very close to lead. Maybe go vote for these guys to have a couple starters in the in the game. Voting ends today.
  13. oober

Loyola Ramblers

Is there a thread somewhere on this site discussing them? I'm surprised there isn't a thread somewhere... Anyways, Good luck Ramblers!!!!
  14. oober

Home made Beef Jerky

Gonna try making some beef jerky this weekend. Anyone have a good standard recipe? Gonna use the following for this 1st batch. For this batch using the following 4 lbs of top round sliced against the grain in some 1/8 in and some 1/4 in (in a dehydrator the top shelves dry faster, the...
  15. oober

I think I have made the best pizza ever

So a little backstory. There was a thread I started regarding sourdough bread. We I decided to take my now mature culture and tried to use some of it to make pizza dough. Anyways turned out very very good. Dough IMO always makes the difference in the pizza Dough recipe 1 cup of starter 1/4...
  16. oober

The ***OFFICIAL*** how to create an official thread

As we move into the off season and there is sure to be a bunch of "official" threads. Be sure to when creating an " official" thread, use the "*" three times before and after the word in all large caps " OFFICIAL" . If the "official" thread is stupid or misspelled in the title it will still be...
  17. oober

Sourdough Bread

From reading over the last few yrs., it looks like we may have some cooks here. Has anyone here made their own sourdough starter and then bread from it? If so, how did it turn out? I am attempting to make the starter now. Thanks.
  18. oober

Denzel Valentine

Did the lightbulb finally come on for Denzel? Discuss.
  19. oober

Waived. What is the process?

Just a quick question. So you might be trying to get a guy to the PS. You must waive him and if he clears waivers then he can go on the PS if he is eligible? One more question, you have a guy stashed on the PS, if another team picks him up, he has to be on the 53 man roster of the team that...
  20. oober

Betting on the Packers

As a Bears fan, is it wrong to bet on the Packers to cover against the Vikequeens?