Search results

1. remydat

Stories of Bears' Caleb Williams, told by those who know him

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/40038074/nfl-draft-bears-caleb-williams-quarterback-usc About halfway through a practice in 2018, Danny Schaechter, who was Gonzaga's offensive coordinator, noticed his left hand started to throb and there was blood dripping from his ring finger. "I'm like...
  2. remydat

Poles on trading Fields and evaluating Caleb

https://www.nfl.com/news/bears-gm-ryan-poles-trading-justin-fields-probably-one-of-the-harder-things-i-ve-had-to-do?campaign=Twitter_atn
  3. remydat

Bears Current Cap Space

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/chicago-bears/cap/ So we have 29m in cap space per above. Contracts still not updated are Cowart, Curhan, Everett, Martin, Ogon, Pettis, Rypien. Of that group only Everett is likely to have signed for much above vet min. The 52nd player on the roster is making...
  4. remydat

Kevin Warren endorsing Fields

Fields staying or is this a smokescreen?
  5. remydat

Remydat 1st Mock Offseason

Cuts: Whitehair (post-June 1 cut) Jackson (post - June 1 cut) Homer Cap Space - 61 million (73 million less 12 million rookie pool). Resignings & Free Agents: Johnson (Franchise Tag) 1 year 18.5 - Personally would make him prove last year was not a fluke. Lewis - 1 year 2 million - Good vet...
  6. remydat

Life is Good. Stop being a crybaby!

It is funny how the narrative has completed shifted and yet Bears fans are still crying. Early into this season you had fans crying how the team had no talent and look worse than last year. The sky was falling in just the 2nd year of the rebuild. The Claypool trade ruined the franchise for...
  7. remydat

Remy's Plan for the Future

1. I pick up Fields 5th year option at 23.5m. In then convert 15m of that into a SB which makes his year cap for 2024 and 2025 13.5m and 16m rather than 6m and 23.5m. In the event he is traded to another team his cap hits for that other team would be 3m and 8.5m which is dirt cheap for a...
  8. remydat

State of The Bears

This team sucks. Not the GM, not the coaches, not the QB, not the OL, not the DL. The team. This is a case where the whole is less than the sum of the parts. This team is better than it looks but because of the inconsistencies of the various units they collectively make each other look worse...
  9. remydat

To Caleb or not to Caleb, that is the question

Ok let's say that Fields has a similar arc to last year where he takes a few games to settle down and he ends the year showing some consistency but the Bears still end up with the No 1 pick via the Panthers and a top 15 pick from their own pick. Caleb declares but doesnt seem keen on the Bears...
  10. remydat

Fields All 22 Review

1st Quarter Drive 1 1st Scramble - This is actually supposed to be a screen at top by Fields pulls it back when he sees Wash has read it and will tackle the WR for a loss. His next, he has an underneath defender in the passing lane and if he had 0.3 seconds more he could wait for him to clear...
  11. remydat

PSA: Stop being whiny bitches! Thank you in advance.

We have a young team that will make mistakes. It seems for some the only person who is allowed to make mistakes is Fields. He can overthrow a TE for an easy TD or hit a defender in the head for an Int or miss guys open underneath. But let's crucify anyone else that fucks up as if they arent...
  12. remydat

Fields Development Goals

Let me start off by saying this team is not very talented and will need massive improvement at OL and WR going forward. Let me also say the focus of this post is not to say Fields is a bust. It is to point out what incremental improvements he needs to make over the last 13 games. Mills is...
  13. remydat

Fields Honest Assessment Of Performance

“Straight up, I just played like, I want to say the ‘A’ word, but I’m not gonna do that,” he said. “I just played like trash. I played terrible and really I’ve just got to be better.” “I’m about to go to the film tonight,” Fields said. “I played terrible. So I’m gonna see the film tonight, see...
  14. remydat

Reason for Optimism

Look for large parts of the game the D and O was bad but here is the silver lining. We were one stupid shotgun snap on 4th down and inches from being down just one score. This is a young team and a young coaching staff. Both made a lot of mistakes tonight but again we were one shotgun snap on...
  15. remydat

Teddy Retiring Discuss

16. remydat

Flores was right

Laughable NFL claimes no evidence of tanking when Ross made numerous comments saying to prioritize draft position over wins and did in fact make the 100k offer but claims it was a joke.
  17. remydat

Remydat's Roster Evaluation

So there has obviously been a lot of talk about the Bears roster and whether we did enough for Fields. So I figured I would go through all the changes made and grade them from 1 to 10. Let's start with the defense. Note that while the Bears were a 3-4 in base they largely played nickel 75% of...
  18. remydat

Is this a Top Defense?

RDE - Quinn, Robinson NT - Blackson, Tonga 3T - Jones, Edwards LDE - Gipson, Muhammed WLB - Quan MLB - Morrow Nickel back - Young, Shelley, Cruishank LCB - Johnson, Graham Jr RCB - Gordon, Vildor FS - Jackson, Hicks SS - Brisker, DHC Looking at the above the D really doesnt have a lot of holes...
  19. remydat

Remydat Draft Thoughts

So going into this draft, I was pretty gung ho about improving at WR and OL. So I can't say this is the draft I would have went with but perhaps it was the draft we needed. So let's get into each pick. R2 (39) — CB Kyler Gordon, Washington - All the WRs I would have wanted here were gone and...