Search results

1. Cubs pitching and arm injuries

Something i've been thinking about what with the wave of arm injuries going around is how the cubs(thankfully) really haven't had issue with it. And that makes me wonder if that is by design. It's pretty obvious the cubs haven't *really* focused on max effort stuff guys. They have been far more...
  2. Snell to the Giants

I don't think they can tbh at least not until after the QO falls off him. If they sign him they lose IFA money and they've already spent it. Edit: nevermind i'm sleepy. Montgomery wasn't QO'd cuz the trade.
  3. 40 days….

Well Waldron's not exactly known for a heavy run game. IDK like either way I struggle to see Flus as a long term answer. Nothing to me that i've seen screams of him being a guy you realistically can see winning a super bowl. I just worry this will be us looking back in a few years like we are...
  4. 40 days….

My worry is more that he does typical rookie QB things and what that means around him. If Flus misses the playoffs and especially if they don't beat green bay feel like he's gone and then we're back to the Mitch/Fields QB/OC shuffle.
  5. Please Protect The QB at All Cost.

You literally said "You think there are GMs that make all the right calls and decisions?" I don't expect that. The point I was making is he hasn't invested a ton in the offense comparable to what he has in the defense. And many of the big moves he has made offensively have been giant duds so far...
  6. Please Protect The QB at All Cost.

Who said I was expecting him to be flawless? The point I'm making is looking at the offensive side of the ball he did well seemingly with I believe Wright was the #10 pick. You expect that. Jones for where he took him was great. But I don't know how anyone could realistically expect the offense...
  7. Please Protect The QB at All Cost.

It has just occurred to me that Poles gave up more for Bates than he got for Fields. I don't like it here. I think Poles overall has done a decent job but some of his offensive decisions seem down right terrible. Spending a 3rd on velus jones has not worked out. Spending a 2nd on Claypool was a...
  8. 40 days….

I need to see it in the NFL before I'm going to get excited. He obviously has talent but my worry is I see so much hero ball in his game. It's one of those things where crazy athletes can excel in college but everyone is a crazy athlete in the NFL. Maybe he's as special as they say, I don't...
  9. Can the Bears take Daniel Jones the way the Brown took Brock Osweiller in 2017?

Aside from the quality of of Jones.... why would you tank his cap hit?
  10. Thoughts on Calebs medicals

I mean... i don't think it will be the new normal because everyone can't guarantee they will be picked high. Realistically teams need medicals. You can gripe about how it is done though arguably from what I know of it, the "pods" of teams are probably better than having each individual team...
  11. Thoughts on Calebs medicals

I'll humor the "he didn't wanna be dehumanized" angle. If that is the reason he didn't participate at the combine for the medicals then why would you wait over a month to do your team visit with the bears? It's been reported the bears wanted to have him in 2 days after the combine but it was...
  12. Some Bears fans believe Graziano’s report means Warren’s asking price is high so he won’t trade Fields 😡

Way I see it, Bears may have listened to offers but I don't think they were actively shopping Fields. The reason for that is because I don't believe you can do that prior to dotting every i on CW. When he talked at the combine he wanted to have things done quick for JF sake one way or another...
  13. Da Haul Discussion (no Caleb Williams)

This assumes the bears believe CW is the best they can get. The first QB taken often isn't the best QB in a particular class. Just because a media narrative says the CW is that doesn't mean the bears agree. To be fair, they could in which case sure you take him. But it's also possible there's...
  14. Da Haul Discussion (no Caleb Williams)

I mean believe what you want but Poles himself said last year they considered a deal of trading down twice. Not saying trading down multiple times is for sure going to happen but my point was there's several teams that are going to be looking to trade up. If the bears aren't taking CW then it's...
  15. Da Haul Discussion (no Caleb Williams)

I mean I think either option(CW/trade) is possible. But one thing I will say is Minny seemingly getting another #1 to try an move up which we all assume is for a QB makes things interesting. Because say for a moment the bears don't take CW and are open to trading the pick. Washington clearly...
  16. Glazer: Bears acquire WR Allen

So the chargers twitter team put a 2 hour video out of all of his career catches. I'm like 20 mins into it but something I'm noticing is how much he lives over the middle of the field. Ton of crosses and slants. Just interesting to me given that's an area the bears really struggled with last...
  17. Glazer: Bears acquire WR Allen

I haven't caught much chargers when they've had Allen but watching some 2023 highlights man was constantly wide open so either he's crazy good at routes or they schemed really well for him. So many plays he was just wide open which I guess was just a shock given the lack of separation I'm used...
  18. Spring Training

Shota casually with 19 k's in 9.2 IP this spring. I also had another apropos thought... Japan continues to pump out a lot of high quality talent year after year and Cubs investing in it likely helps them down the road. Like if you're some random 20 year old from japan Chicago isn't likely a city...
  19. Caleb Williams = Justin Fields 2.0

I'm not overly invested on either side of the argument. I'm more on the side of more picks than Fields exactly. That being said, I think those who are devoted to Fields see 2 things. One, the organization has done jack shit to enable him and the other is that Fields shows flashes of potential...
  20. Caleb Williams = Justin Fields 2.0

I wasn't talking about "franchise QB's" so much as QB's behind what many would consider a dynasty. Arguably Rodgers might not fit that either given he didn't win enough rings but he probably should have. I probably should have included Peyton. I am sleepy so forgive me. Eli.... eh.... Like he...