Search results

1. If Marvin Harrison Jr was drafted would he instantly be the best WR the bears have ever had?

This is obviously talking from a talent stand point because he'd still have to prove his value on the field. That caveat aside, outside of AJ and Marshall is there even any competition until you get back to Gault? Conway was decent but he definitely doesn't have MHJ's upside.
  2. When you're feeling down about the cubs remember this...

At least the cubs haven't squandered the prime years of Mike Trout and/or Ohtani. Trout is already #30 in career hitter fWAR at 85.2. For reference, we all know how good Pujols was and his career fWAR is 88.8. He already has more than Ken Griffey Jr, Jeter, Frank Thomas, Johnny Bench, Pete Rose...
  3. MLB Draft starts tonight at 7 eastern on espn

I may miss it due to my sleep being a bit wacky atm but i'll throw up typical scouting stuff later. Probably more useful for the later day picks than 1st round
  4. Cubs are in a confusing position...

Heading into the trade deadline soon cubs are in a weird position. On the one hand, I can see the case for not buying. They are 7 games back in the central and 6 in the WC. On the other hand, cubs are the only team in the central with a positive run differential(+23 with next best being cincy at...
  5. Apparently Wood's 20k game is on youtube in it's totality

Randomly found this in my recommended feed.
  6. TIL cubs apparently have only had the #1 pick once ever

TLDR was watching a video on best mlb duos and arod/griffey got brought up. I got to thinking how lucky they were to take 2 generational picks when they had the #1 pick but i then got curious how well the cubs had done #1 overall. Turns out unless I'm mistaken with my quick google search the...
  7. Looking at mark prior stats makes me sad.

TLDR was watching a youtube video talking about tragic players like Clemente and such who never got to show everything. Long story short they had Jose Fernandez on it but not Prior. So, as i'm a cubs fan I thought that wasn't right but wanted to double check my memory. Sure enough Prior was as...
  8. 2023 trade season

We're getting to june so rumors are gonna start heating up. Looking like cubs are gonna be sellers again. Bellinger would be the most obvious piece. I think they probably should also consider listening to offers on Wisdom. He's almost 32 and while he has a bunch of control still left... Feel...
  9. Man the baseball gods weren't nice to kenny lofton

So i was watching a youtube video on kenny lofton and i didn't realize how unlucky he was. He ran into the strength of the braves pitching in the world series. After he was traded to atlanta he ran into one of the worst ump performances in MLB history when Livan Hernandez ended up k'ing 15 guys...
  10. What the depth of the cubs farm system looks like in graph form

I talk a lot about how deep the cubs are and if you don't really dig into the weeds its tough to grasp. Anyways I saw this graph yesterday and I think it sums up things pretty well. It's obviously simplistic and there's more to player development than just those two stats but sorta illustrates...
  11. mlb draft

Cubs take Cade Horton at #7. Interesting pick because its likely an underslot signing but he's also one of the best if not the best college pitcher. Sets them up to do something interesting in round 2
  12. Trade deadline might be interesting this year

Simply put the expectation many likely have is of the cubs selling as a .500 or worse team. There's certainly some pieces where that makes sense. But there's something i've noticed recently and that's the depth the cubs have coming in outfielders. With Suzuki being a long term lock, PCA and...
  13. fangraphs updated cubs prospects

https://blogs.fangraphs.com/top-49-prospects-chicago-cubs-2/
  14. MLB draft

Draft starts tomorrow. Placeholder post for that. Starts at 7 eastern tomorrow I should also mention it's just the first 36 picks. The draft continues monday
  15. I sorta feel like a hard salary cap would benefit the players and baseball as a whole

New CBA is coming and this seems like as good a time as any to talk about this. Conventional wisdom would be players wanna make as much as they can and a cap limits that. However, I think that's being short sighted. The past few years what we've seen is teams just entirely punting seasons...
  16. Sticky substances and how it pertains to the cubs the past few years

So something I was thinking about is I find it hard to believe that the cubs were greatly using this like other teams. I have always felt as though Theo was a very much "play the game the right way" type guy. And granted the cubs pitching has been markedly worse compared to other teams over that...
  17. Ozuna's situation in ATL could be interesting to the cubs

So for those who are unaware, Ozuna was arrested and charged with Agg. Assault. Assuming he gets suspended which seems pretty likely at this point, the money he is owed comes off their books for the length of that suspension. Why that is potentially interesting as it pertains to the cubs is...
  18. Interesting... mlb expected to add in draft pick trading in next cba

https://www.bleachernation.com/cubs/2021/05/10/whoa-mlb-expected-to-add-trading-of-draft-picks-in-the-next-cba/
  19. Quick tidbit to making advanced metrics easier to comprehend

So, I get why some people don't like saber stuff. In some areas it's needlessly obtuse. One of those areas I actually ran into myself. To cut to the chase, I wanted to know how much a run saved defensively actually mattered. So, for instance how you would compare a player who was a 100 wRC+...
  20. Team defense: Why Heyward is better than you think he is.

So the title is kinda click bait-y but I think this is an important discussion. Defense in baseball is very undersold. People want to harp on the cubs inability to develop pitching and all that yada yada.... What if I told you that since 2016 the cubs are 3rd in ERA- which is essentially a way...