Search results

1. Outlaw Josey Cutler

OC rumors

Truth here. Timing doesn't matter to me so much as who ultimately had the choice. In the case of the HC, that was Poles whom I do not know enough to trust or distrust. In the case of Poles himself, that was ultimately George and I know enough not to trust him at all. Timing was always the...
  2. Outlaw Josey Cutler

OC rumors

I have the feeling the longer it takes for an official announcement, the more divided the reaction among fanbases. I wonder if there is a relativity equation to be discovered here. Also, if anyone disagreees with @remydat, you are racist hahaha. I really like Pep for Fields though, but I want...
  3. Outlaw Josey Cutler

Matt Eberflus hired as Bears head coach

Now do the reports about what Poles said and did to Polian and Ted and Gearoge re: Quinn and Caldwell. I am not saying I believe that either. I am saying that no narrative is settled as being KNOWN here. But that includes this narrative that Poles was hired with a gun to his head saying "Your...
  4. Outlaw Josey Cutler

I never claimed nor implied Eberflus is "close to the prospect that Beleichick was". Try not being obtuse. You said Colts D was 19th in the 4th quarter last year as a rhetorical negative on Eberflus. Rhetorical negatives are useless because you cannot project success percentages onto HCs...
  5. Outlaw Josey Cutler

OC rumors

Stupid autocorrect, am I right?
  6. Outlaw Josey Cutler

I should have known. I compare your take that 1 (or more) down years at DC does not project to the success percentage of a HC. That's not how the world works. I am revealing to you that, by your logic, NE should have never hired the GOAT.
  7. Outlaw Josey Cutler

That's not how the world works though. (Belichick's last stint as DC saw his unit ranked 21st overall before NE hired him as HC). I am not down on Eberflus for that nor would I be excited if he had the 1st ranked defense in IND. Stats have a weird way of shaking out. If he is a legitimate...
  8. Outlaw Josey Cutler

I read his wikipedia too and it sure seems like this is the case. I am not sure my emotional state. I would have to describe my reaction as cautiously pessimistic.
  9. Outlaw Josey Cutler

Pretty sure he knows he has to get the offensive hire right. Oh, and Ballard loves Eberflus. "With Josh McDaniels set to take the head coaching job with the Indianapolis Colts, Eberflus was hired to be his defensive coordinator. Though when McDaniels ultimately withdrew his acceptance and...
  10. Outlaw Josey Cutler

Of the 9 named HC candidates is there anyone you'd hate?

QFT I remember once blasting Pace for not drafting Gurley or Randy Gregory in place of Kevin White. I was told that I was only working in hindsight - which of course is true - and White was "consensus value at that pick". Now I don't care that I'm just a scrub and can ONLY look in hindsight...
  11. Outlaw Josey Cutler

OTish - Next Head Coach Candidate - Matt Nagy

I hope he takes the year off and DET calls him in after firing Dan Campbell next Black Monday.
  12. Outlaw Josey Cutler

Meh, I was hoping for more insight into how fast he fell out of favor in Philly after a SB win. You probably can only guess as most fans can and I get that. That's my biggest question with Pederson. And I think you are right about his being pass happy. And I don't like that matchup with our...
  13. Outlaw Josey Cutler

***OFFICAL*** Bears GM/Coaching Search News Thread

For these owners? Absolutey! He is on the "public" version of the candidate list. In no way is he seriously considered behind the scenes with no cameras or social media.
  14. Outlaw Josey Cutler

Nagy is a fraud at HC, not a legitimately good HC that is simply in need of a new environment to rejuvenate him (like Reid, Belichik, Parcells, Schottenheimer, Holmgren, et al) Spekaing of re-treads who may be good coaches that just needed a new place, what are your thoughts on Pederson?
  15. Outlaw Josey Cutler

Any interest in Dan Quinn?

Most notably the aforementioned SB. Astonishing decisions made in that game.
  16. Outlaw Josey Cutler

Are we buying this?

Good point. I do want to re-iterate that I heard this on a show yesterday and in no way am I saying I believe this to be true. I do wonder if Nagy felt the pressure more than Pace did and felt like a veteran is his best chance at turning it around while simultaneously Pace felt like if his...
  17. Outlaw Josey Cutler

Are we buying this?

Yeah I heard Nagy never wanted Fields in the first place. I really wish I could remember which show I was watching/listening to but if it has legs, it'll get around more in the months to come.
  18. Outlaw Josey Cutler

Take your pick of Coaches

With family in Buffalo and watching them, I would add Daboll to my list of no-go's. He is wildly inconsistent to the deteriment of his own offense. He might learn but he has super high potential to be another decent OC that fails at HC. (Bills fans would snicker at even "decent" but he does...
  19. Outlaw Josey Cutler

Ommy's Head Coach choice

I'm starting to come around on my reservations but in no way do I expect this to be real. Oh, he'll get coverage as a candidate but he will never be a REAL candidate with this organization. Same for Harbaugh. They are on the *public version* of the short list but not the *real* version behind...