Search results

1. Outlaw Josey Cutler

Empty Soldier Field?

TTNL just called for an official "Empty Soldier Field" next home game vs. ARZ Cardinals Dec. 5 Calling for not showing up. Calling for sending a message to everyone. Impossible. I wish, but pipe dream.
  2. Outlaw Josey Cutler

David Montgomery Meta-Prediction Thread

In a related thread, I predicted what I thought would be worst case scenario numbers for 32: 11 carries 53 yards 0 TDs With Nagy still having the genetic makeup of abandoning Montgomery, this would lead to a disaster imo. Being the "good luck charm" I am in not believing in Nagy and...
  3. Outlaw Josey Cutler

Premature QB Talk Is Premature

The front page is getting flooded with QB talk and a mock draft or two. I know I speak for myself only when I say that is way too premature. Nagy is a huge reason why we have 7 losses and relinquishing playcalling is the biggest reason we are still in the hunt for the playoffs. (A minor caveat...
  4. Outlaw Josey Cutler

Potential Temporary Silver Lining Ahead

With Whitehair out and the kid Mustipher starting, I could see the OL getting back to basics in drills to help the kid and a better performance and technique across the board this week vs. the Saints. Now if things are as bad as ever, feel free to light me up for being "Wrong" and I'll shrug it...
  5. Outlaw Josey Cutler

"Luck Has Run Out" Narrative - Worst Case Sceanrio

Everywhere I look I see "luck has run out" for the Bears. I couldn't agree more. Nagy seems to be throwing darts at formations and plays with really only one goal in mind: varied looks, formations and trying to impress (intimidate?) the D with an apparent abundance of plays. It's not working...
  6. Outlaw Josey Cutler

Is Nagy a Secret Genius? (My Thoughts on Mitch) - Sponsored by Lincoln Logs

Good morning. First, awesome game by the Bears and all credit to Mitch for a great game. No reservations. No "but"s. I don't even mind his INTs at 1 a game as long as he keeps throwing downfield and keeping defenses on its heels. I would much rather have an INT mixed with TDs rather than...
  7. Outlaw Josey Cutler

CCS Solidarity Therapy

Thank you all. CCS for the most part is full of posters who understand the situation well and are commiserating among ourselves in a positive way. There are a few outliers but largely, I have noticed I am "liking" and reacting more than ever and getting far more "likes" and nearly entirely...
  8. Outlaw Josey Cutler

Who Is Most to Blame for This Year's Struggles ...

... It is actually not Mitch nor Nagy nor even Pace at this point. It's me. The Bears are 1 - 4 when I make an appearance in the IGT. They are 3 -1 when I have something going on that makes me a no-show in the IGT. Looking backward, I was almost never in IGT during last year's 12 - 4 run...
  9. Outlaw Josey Cutler

WHAT IF: The Bears Drafted Rodgers

How would history have played out differently? Would we have won more in 2005? Won it all in 2006? Or would he need the time to sit and learn? I figure Rex still goes down in 2005. Replace Orton with Rodgers and does the offense produce more? Does that affect the defense any? Would Lovie...
  10. Outlaw Josey Cutler

Chicago Deserves a Great QB

I know a lot of Bears fans are insufferable, but it's like family. They can be cunts and make it hard to cope over holidays but blood runs thicker than water. For all the gushing about the intelligence and friendliness of fans in GB, it can often be overlooked and forgotten that Packers fans...
  11. Outlaw Josey Cutler

No Mitch Homer Can Say "I Told You So" Unless

I am of the opinion Mitch will have a couple good games throughout the year this year. No one could say "I told you so" if he does well tonight ... BUT for the year as a whole, I expect the same old same old: inconsistency and a year where- no matter if we make the playoffs or not - it will...
  12. Outlaw Josey Cutler

"Pre-season" Is Officially Past Done

No secret, I am down on Mitch and beginning to worry about Nagy. Optimists say the offense should not have skipped preseason and that it was lack of preseason and some bad timing that contributed most to the horrific stumble out of the gate. Not even 2018 looked this bad, at least Nagy and...
  13. Outlaw Josey Cutler

Week 6 RE-WATCH: OT Heartbreak After Two Teams Finished Trying to Give the Other the W

CHI (3-1) at MIA (3-2) After Week 4's thrashing of TB, the Bears had a bye in Week 5. During the re-watch I reflected on two things: 1) This loss hurt bad. It would be the one loss I felt the most until the debacle in NY. 2) Trubisky had all day vs. TB as they rarely blitzed and generated...
  14. Outlaw Josey Cutler

WEEK 4 RE-WATCH: Trubisky's 6 TD Game

After unintentionally re-igniting the mild controversy over what Trubisky's play during the first 3 weeks meant for the Bears, this was a sweet re-watch that was so much fun to relive this weekend. Not long ago, I started a thread asking what game was Trubisky's best of 2018. Most had later...
  15. Outlaw Josey Cutler

WEEK 3 RE-WATCH: A Battle of Teams With Great D and Bad O; CHI Turned the Ball Over Less for the Boring W

Good morning! Caveat on the title: I will take a boring W ANY day over an exciting L. And the defense was NOT boring at all. That adjective was solely used for the lethargic, paralyzed offense that had no answer for ARIZ blitzing in what yet again should have been a much more convincing win...
  16. Outlaw Josey Cutler

Week 2 RE-WATCH: A Defensive Slug-fest thru 3 Quarters; Won in the 4th by Critical TO

SEA (0-1) vs. CHI (0-1) in Soldier Field on Monday Night Football Again, quarter-by-quarter summary with focus on alignments and change in alignments as the drives start producing different results and the game evolves. I try to intermix regular type with boldface so the boldface inside the...
  17. Outlaw Josey Cutler

Week 1 Re-watch: Did GB win or did CHI Lose??

I broke the game down by quarters and tried to keep the "no duh" observations in regular type. The bold represents conclusions I made using coaches' film and all the bolded statements could also basically be collected together as a mini TL;DR for each quarter and analysis (analyses at half and...
  18. Outlaw Josey Cutler

2018 Bears Re-Watch Season is Starting This Weekend

Good morning everyone. I just got GamePass and I want to re-watch the entire Bears season. I am working on scouting tendencies for each game. I got approached by my local HS football coach when he saw my reading material on football X's and O's. I told him I am in NO way an expert on the X's...
  19. Outlaw Josey Cutler

Trubisky's Best Game of 2018?

This was inspired by SilenceS and his thread on if the Bears are ready for "Primtime" (sic) I am buying NFL GamePass and am going to be re-watching the 2018 season (all are welcome to "come on over and join" even if only online for commentary and community fun) Using memory only at this point...
  20. Outlaw Josey Cutler

REQUEST: Insight into a Chicago Bears Podcast

Good morning all, I used to download B and B for my drive-time and when they went defunct, I switched to a Bears podcast that was sickening, pure love-fest with no depth (Larry Mayer type of trash) - I can't remember that name and didn't want to. So I went to audiobooks for a long time and...