Search results

1. JDB_219

Devin isn't what he used to be

But he sure isn't washed up. http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/0ap3000000774095/Devin-Hester-s-incredible-80-yard-punt-return-negated-by-holding-penalty
  2. JDB_219

Vic Beasley, the new Chandler Jones?

The Shea over Chandler Jones pick still annoys people, this White over Beasley one is looking to be much worse. At least Shea sacked Rodgers a couple of times when the Packers refused to block him...
  3. JDB_219

Phil Emery should be the litmus test.

His tenure was a disaster and we are still suffering from his reign of synergy. A lot of posters on this board defended him to the day he got launched off the clean edge of change. All of their posts should be marked with a scarlet Phil so that their football "thoughts" get the proper respect.
  4. JDB_219

Bears are 21-37 post Lovie .36

In the 4 years since the Phil Emery's "10 wins aren't enough" press conference, the Bears have only been in playoff contention one time and are a smoking 21-37. I don't care how much you don't like Lovie, this team has been a dumpster fire since he got run. They are winning 36% of games with 6...
  5. JDB_219

J'Marcus Webb starting for the Seahawks

I was surprised to see him on the Seahawks and even more surprised to see that he signed as a FA with 2.45 guaranteed cash http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/seattle-seahawks/jmarcus-webb-6726/ He is doing pretty well for a guy some predicted would never make an NFL team after the Bears cut him.
  6. JDB_219

Article:The Bears' Jay Cutler era has been a massive waste of time

http://www.si.com/nfl/2016/10/10/jay-cutler-frank-gore-week-under-review
  7. JDB_219

Zaidman Tweet : Bears have lost 6 in a row to Detroit

Zach Zaidman ‏@ZachZaidman Sep 26 . That's worse than I thought.
  8. JDB_219

Jameis Winston looks like the real deal.

Whew, a lot of people are going to be eating crow on Winston. All those ridiculous stories about him being fat and the lazy Jamarcus Russell comparisons looked bad last year and are going to look really bad if he plays like this all season. Future All-Pro.
  9. JDB_219

J'Marcus Webb to the Seahawks

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/03/15/seahawks-bring-jmarcus-webb-in-to-bolster-offensive-line/ For all the people who said that Mills was better or that Webb would never play again...
  10. JDB_219

Damn it Rex!

Listening to His and Hers podcast and they mentioned that the only QB with a worse Total QBR in a Super Bowl than Manning's 9.9 was Rex back in 2006. That means Rex was at least the worst in a decade. Damn.
  11. JDB_219

Super Bowl Wide Receivers

I'm not a big fan of high pick WR as the evidence is clear that good WRs are out there and that you don't need top ten pick WRs to win rings. I didn't like the White pick at 7 and even if he is as advertised, I doubt that he will ever be worth the spot. The last few Super Bowls have made it...
  12. JDB_219

Julius Peppers had 10.5 Sacks?!

I was watching the Packers-Cardinals game and heard that stat. I would not have expected Peppers to still be a big time pass rusher at this point. I wonder how long he will go on being a legit threat?
  13. JDB_219

Sean Payton is over loved

Guy has missed the playoffs a lot, even with one of the best QBs ever playing every game until this year. I can't think of a guy in the current league with so little to show for coaching an all timer at QB. He's only been to one SB and another NFCCG, it's weird that he is so well regarded with...
  14. JDB_219

Wilson or Luck?

Who would you rather have right now and going forward? I know there was a big discussion a few years back but there is a lot of new data. I said Wilson back then because he had proved it in the playoffs. Now he has also shown a better ability to stay on the field. Through four seasons Wilson...
  15. JDB_219

How Many Bears Would Start for a Playoff Team?

I was just thinking, as much as people kill the Bears roster(rightfully), how many of the guys on the team would a playoff team like to grab if possible? I'm not counting injuries like Cincy because obviously at this time of the season, a lot holes have appeared even on the good teams. Cutler...
  16. JDB_219

Surprising DVOA Numbers

Football Outsiders has released the final DVOA for 2015 and it's mostly what one would expect but there are some surprising rankings. Bears offense improved from 14 to 10. Defense dropped from 28 to 31edit:31 Special Teams improved from 25 to 21. OL from 15 to 7 in run blocking. DL from 30 to...
  17. JDB_219

Russell Wilson: Got Paid and Played Even Better

Already a multiple time Pro Bowler, he has actually gotten even better this season. Russ leads the NFL in passer rating,YPA and has a 4 To 1 TD to INT. He is also going to the playoffs for the 4th year running. All those who laughed at the early season rough patch sure look silly now.
  18. JDB_219

Remember the Kelly Blue Grey Classic?

That was such a key part of my childhood Christmas memories. I miss it.
  19. JDB_219

ESPN: Dickerson Pros and Cons of firing Lovie

http://espn.go.com/blog/chicago-bears/post/_/id/4701436/pros-and-cons-of-bears-decision-to-fire-lovie-smith
  20. JDB_219

The Bears are who we thought they were.

Since most of us thought that this was not a playoff team, what was the point of signing Rolle,Ball and Royal?