Search results

1. OliverTwistCone

Using "Resilience" as a draft marker

Ryan Poles had his scouting department specifically add resilience as a box to check for players that he prefers. With that being said, who is a player in the draft that you feel is deserving of that term, who might be in play for us at some point? I'm going with WR Justyn Ross and DT Haskell...
  2. OliverTwistCone

Morgan Moses, OT WFT available via trade?

I would feel much better about Ifedi as a backup Guard and swing Tackle. If we had Jenkins, Whitehair, Mustipher, Daniels, and Moses......with Bars, Ifedi, Wilkerson, and Borom??? That's a good lookin O-Line?... Moses is only due 7 mil this year and 7 mil next year, so money isn't too crazy...
  3. OliverTwistCone

First-Pick.com

What would you think about this, if we traded back? Round 1 Pick 26 (CLE): Teven Jenkins, OT, Oklahoma State (A) Round 2 Pick 20: Terrace Marshall, WR, LSU (A+) Round 3 Pick 8 (DET): Daviyon Nixon, DT, Iowa (A+) Round 3 Pick 19: Kellen Mond, QB, Texas A&M (A+) Round 3 Pick 37 (DET): Paris Ford...
  4. OliverTwistCone

What are you most excited for this year?

Assume we get in a full season/playoffs. What are you most excited for this season? I cannot wait to see our pass rush. With Mack, Quinn, and Hicks healthy, I foresee relentless pressure, and lots of other guys stepping up. Success breeds success. Don't be surprised if RRH plays his way...
  5. OliverTwistCone

Hauschka was just released by Buffalo

Placekicker Steven Hauschka was released by the Buffalo Bills is a cap savings move. With Piniero suffering a groin injury, and not being overly reliable, what are your thoughts? Kicker has been a shitshow since Gould left. Anyone interested in spending some money to shore that position up...
  6. OliverTwistCone

Earl Thomas on the market

Khalil Mack was signed right before the season. We have some extra cap room with Goldman opting out. Eddie Jackson is a stud. I don't think we even attempt to sign him....but if he gets traded for like a 4th rounder, would any of you be interested? I don't think we need him at all....but holy...
  7. OliverTwistCone

Ok, Goldman is out. Who fills in for him?

No issue with players opting out. I get it. Our defense has the makings of a Top 3 or better D. Who fills in? Bilal Nichols played NT in college. DLine of Hicks, RRH, and Nichols is still ok with me. Any idea of who we might want to bring in? Possible trade options? Who you all got?
  8. OliverTwistCone

Biggest WTF play that you remember?

My memory of Bears football.goes back to the Superbowl (I was 4 at the time. I dont remember much of the game, but i do remember parts of it.) As far as being a SERIOUS fan, i really started watching and taking note of things from like '94 on. So, with that being said, what has been the...
  9. OliverTwistCone

Who do you NOT want that is available?

Laviska Shenault scares the hell out of me. I'm really intrigued by a lot of players, but he screams Cordarelle Patterson to me...
  10. OliverTwistCone

Could OL be done now?

Let's look at the numbers. Leno,Daniels,Whitehair, Ifedi,Massey=5+ Spriggs, Coward=7. I'm only on my first cup of coffee, and I'm lazy right now, so I dont remember who else there is. But with Castillo, (new techniques), and a couple of low-level starting caliber additions, could Pace really be...
  11. OliverTwistCone

Actual names you want on the Bears

Let's say we dont trade out of 43, but we do trade down from 50 to like 58-64ish range and pick up a mid-thirdish rounder. Who are you legit excited as a real possibility at these 3 spots? Not positions. Players. Actual names that you would love to see wearing Blue and Orange. For me, in order...
  12. OliverTwistCone

All time (How did that player last that long?)

I'm guilty of it too, just like everyone else is. We are all experts when the draft comes around. But I was just thinking about the statement "There is no way that player lasts all the way to (whatever pick). Who can you remember during g the draft process that went WAY later than they were...
  13. OliverTwistCone

First-pick.com mock draft. Half the board will love it, half will hate it lol

Round 2 Pick 11: Jonathan Taylor, RB, Wisconsin (A+) Round 2 Pick 20 (LAR): Isaiah Wilson, OT, Georgia (A) Round 3 Pick 40 (LAR): Albert Okwuegbunam, TE, Missouri (A+) Round 4 Pick 20 (LAR): Michael Pittman Jr., WR, USC (A+) Round 5 Pick 17: Yasir Durant, OG, Missouri (A+) Round 6 Pick 17...
  14. OliverTwistCone

How many more hits can Jordan Reed take?

Jordan Reed is the type of athletic, move TE that this offense needs to tick. However, his brains are scrambled eggs at this point from concussions. Worth a flier, or leave him alone?
  15. OliverTwistCone

David Njoku or OJ Howard?

We all know that rookie TEs take a long time to develop. If these two became available through trade, what kind of actual trade scenario would you be happy with? Howard for a 4th, and Njoku for a 6th for me
  16. OliverTwistCone

Barr to the Jets

One less pass rusher to worry about from the Vikings
  17. OliverTwistCone

Going to camo with the family....

Going to camp with the family.... Does anyone have any pointers? I'm active duty Navy, and will be in my dress whites tomorrow. How much are kids rides, food, etc? What am I looking at, realistically? Thanks in advance
  18. OliverTwistCone

Day 3 Mock Draft

Just wanna start by saying that this is the first time that I can remember being this far into a Bears Draft, and being THRILLED with everything so far. We need to work on the defense today though. There are some decent offensive options left, for sure, but I see this being D heavy today...
  19. OliverTwistCone

Saints trying to trade Vaccaro

New Orleans Saints are actively trying to trade S Kenny Vaccaro. Obviously Pace was there when he was drafted. He is talented, for sure, however he is looking for a BIG payday. I don't know what the Saints are looking for in return....im interested for a 3rd round pick. Maybe even second. Thoughts?
  20. OliverTwistCone

32se

???