Search results

1. Mikeropod

Cuts!

Let's see them cuts, yo. Maybe we can scrounge for a few gems from somewhere else. I'd like to see Caleb Johnson and Charles Snowden stick around and maybe stash Archibong in a PS capacity. Time for underperforming draft picks and UDFAs, to go: -Joel Iggy -Josh Woods -Javon Wims -Riley...
  2. Mikeropod

UDFAs and rookies (other than Mr. Fields)

Isn't it about time for one of the media outlets or podcasts to share a bit more about the other new players on the team? I was really disappointed by the Rookie minicamp coverage pulling a "95% Fields content, 4% anyone else, 1% Dazz got hurt." I mean I get it; the new QB that's a big thing...
  3. Mikeropod

Great essay about NFL/Bears History

Here's a fine longform article about the murky beginnings of the NFL's ban on black players. I too would love to simply point the finger at the Washington Football Team's owner, but its more likely than not that Papa Bear Halas (given his power) helped maintain a ban (formal or informal) for 12...
  4. Mikeropod

New Rookies .gifs

Hey, there's some fun new .gifs of Montgomery and Ridley out. I like how Montgomery appears to have a bit of personality! Though he seems unable to make his face only blink one eye....
  5. Mikeropod

More roster churn

The Northwestern OLmen got re-signed. Frankly I didn't even recall this particular DB in the UDFA signing bonanza.
  6. Mikeropod

Ditkaland Article

I'm not sure I buy some of the "takes" of this article, as I think plenty of folks of all political spectrums still like Ditka for one reason or another. The suburbs have always been more conservative, duh. Personally, I think just being an adult now makes me cringe at some of his failings...
  7. Mikeropod

Guardian article on the Bears

Not sure if anyone else caught this, but the Bears got the Guardian biography treatment. A nice tidy little read.
  8. Mikeropod

Dives n' Slides

Okay, so I feel like I totally missed this "point of emphasis" change, but essentially: and Seriously, this could dramatically change short-yardage efforts! Time for more Payton running, heads-up leaps I guess?
  9. Mikeropod

The 2-Pt. play vs. the Vikings

Forgive me if others posted these links, but there's been some cool posts about the history of the play the Bears ran, to tie the game. Historically called "Donut," the Bears ran it to success because they had the needed two features: a) a mobile QB and b) a TE very comfy with ball-handling...
  10. Mikeropod

Counterpoint on Solomon Thomas

I'm not going to claim to be a draftnik, but its always good to hear both sides. Here's a broadside against picking him super high, based on a snapshot of game films. For the record, my preference is to still draft Watson and get some buzz going.
  11. Mikeropod

Another Bronco? PFT article on Omar Bolden

Hey folks, didn't see this anywhere else. http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/03/24/omar-bolden-expected-to-visit-bears-next-week/ What are his pros/cons? Cheerio.
  12. Mikeropod

Is Barkevious Mingo an option?

I've not read much about him as of late. Last I knew, the Browns had shopped him in November. Think he could be a possibility on another short prove-it deal? I gotta be honest, other than the amazing name, I would have probably forgotten he exists.
  13. Mikeropod

I was making fun of Mark Davis' haircut today....

And it turned out that the Temporary Technician that just started with our lab is "Best friends with the GM's daughter." I rather excited yelled out - Reggie McKenzie?? She was surprised I even knew who he was, but indeed yes, him. Both ladies just graduated from Duke in May. Young Miss...
  14. Mikeropod

#76 - Who's your guess as to the gentleman meeting the Turk next?

I personally have found it super odd how the Bears would cut down to 76 and leave some poor kid (or vet) dangling on a string. I have to assume they're not willing to part with any linemen just yet, given the potential to at least try new re-shufflings. And as others have pointed out, you...
  15. Mikeropod

Anthony Walters Released

I came across this the other day, but hadn't seen it shared (or if so I missed it). The hunt for more safeties continues... http://espn.go.com/blog/chicago-bears/print?id=4697828
  16. Mikeropod

I confess I was suprised

By how flat the Bears came out and played. The most unbelievable thing to me was when Jay very obviously mouthed the words "Fuck me, man" when the play on 3rd and short was a long pass. That wasn't an audible right? He looked so disgusted with the playcall. I liked how the defense played...
  17. Mikeropod

Dustin Greenwell - TE

Whatever happened to this kid? My recollection from reading the Minicamp reports was that he was pretty solid, caught a lot of balls. Any chance he makes a reappearance in the preseason? I can't seem to find anything past his time in Rookie Minicamp.
  18. Mikeropod

Thoughts on releasing Minter?

I know Ratliff is the big money, but I worry about him Haynesworthing out on the "D." I felt like Minter, an undrafted kid with a chip on his shoulder has looked good at times. Frankly, I think stealing Bass from the Raiders was a brilliant move. I just hope they find another way to keep...