Search results

1. bearlythere

What would you trade for Martavis Bryant?

Given the lack of #1 receiving talent available in free agency this year - Allen Robinson will likely be franchise-tagged and I'm dubious on Sammy Watkins ability to be consistent - what is your interest level in trading for Martavis Bryant? The emergence of JuJu Smith-Schuster this year has...
  2. bearlythere

Trubisky Hate Unfounded; Rhetoric Laughabable

Look, I'll admit: in the initial seconds after the trade up was announced and the pick was made, I didn't like it. But I truly think it is because, as a Bears fan, I've been conditioned to always assume the Bears are going to fuck the whole QB situation up. I've become so gun-shy about them...
  3. bearlythere

GIF Reactions for Possible Bears Draftees (Day 1)

Alright, folks. Let's see 'em. QB Mitch(ell) Trubisky / North Carolina EDGE Myles Garrett / Texas A&M RB Leonard Fournette / Louisiana State QB Deshaun Watson / Clemson EDGE Solomon Thomas / Stanford S Jamal Adams / Louisiana State S Malik Hooker / Ohio State CB Marshon Lattimore / Ohio...
  4. bearlythere

1st Round Draft Prediction Contest?

Any interest in a little contest to make Thursday (even more) interesting? Here's what I'm thinking. - All draft game participants will submit a complete 1st round mock draft - must be locked in before the official start of the draft. - Draft prediction game is more concerned with WHERE a...
  5. bearlythere

Mike Williams sneaky candidate at #3 overall?

Noticed that the Bears had a meeting with him at the combine. Assuming the Bears sign Glennon, that would seemingly indicate they are not going quarterback in the 1st round in favor of a developmental prospect in the 2nd or 3rd. I know people are of the belief that if #3 overall isn't spent on...
  6. bearlythere

What is the fascination on this board with Mahomes?

Seriously. Every thread I see is "draft a blue-chip defensive player in the 1st and Mahomes in the second - maybe even trade up for him." Maybe I'm missing something, so explain it to me. I see a player with gaudy stats - see: every Texas Tech QB for the last two decades - grossly inflated by...
  7. bearlythere

Bears projected cap space pre-free agency?

Was messing around with Fanspeak's Ultimate GM tool (a lot of fun, worth the $8 a year if you like to do mocks or sims) and after cutting Cutler, Houston, Royal, and Sutton, we had over $80M in cap space. Given the resources at our disposal and the heat that Pace/Faux have to be feeling, you'd...
  8. bearlythere

From the Way-Back Machine (Youtube): "THE BEARS GOT CUTLER."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qJdmA1YWUuQ For your listening pleasure, let's all sit down and reminisce on where we were on April 2nd, 2009 and heard this news. And then get drunk.
  9. bearlythere

The WR Situation (2017, onward)

So, this team is a Dumpster fire. We all know that. There are some quality pieces (very few, mind you) in place: Long, Howard, Floyd, McPhee, uh... But it is entirely possible that going into the offseason, wide receiver is our worst position group. Alshon can't even perform with the help of...
  10. bearlythere

Post your complete first round mock here. For posterity.

Just to see how many we can get right. You know, for kicks. For the sake of my sanity, I have not mocked any trades (though a half dozen are bound to happen), but feel free to do so if you want to show off and look cool. 01. Rams - QB Jared Goff 02. Eagles - QB Carson Wentz 03. Chargers - OT...
  11. bearlythere

Is Aldon Smith an impossibility as a FA of 2016?

Given the fiasco with Ray MacDonald, is it impossible to foresee a situation in which Fangio reunites with his former All-Pro? He's done a very good job for Oakland this year while playing out his natural position and he would make a great bookend with McPhee going forward. Is the potential...
  12. bearlythere

Seahawks score 49 points on the Bears. Do you take the over or the under?

I don't see how we don't get absolutely ripped to shreds this weekend. Clausen is more than likely going to get the start; a disaster. Our defense picked up exactly where it left off last season (and the season before that, really). Seahawks with their first home game of the season. Seahawks...
  13. bearlythere

Why in the holy blue fuck can't people get Alshon's name right?

It is "JEFFERY", goddamn you, you NFL and ESPN hacks! Not "JEFFERIES." Why does this still fucking happen? Nate Burleson, a wide receiver who should know this shit, got it wrong continuously last night among many others. Is it really that hard to learn people's names when it is your job to...
  14. bearlythere

Official "Your Guy" Thread

Well, who ya got? Who are you willing to hitch your wagon to for all-recorded time as being "your guy" from the 2015 NFL draft? Doesn't need to be a player the Bears are going to take necessarily (though it would help), just the player you are willing to guarantee has a Hall of Fame-like...
  15. bearlythere

Eli Harold or Nate Orchard as RD 2 options?

Assuming we go with either Cooper or White in the first, how would you feel about either Harold (though he's a possible late first rounder himself) or Orchard?
  16. bearlythere

Draft Day Meet-Up Thread

Anyone in town going to be participating in the draft day festivities downtown? My wife and I will be up there visiting friends that weekend and may decide to partake; probably just hit up a couple bars nearby and take in "draft town" or whatever they're calling it now. Anyone going to be around?
  17. bearlythere

Could we be looking at an Eli Manning-type situation with Marcus Mariota?

What is the possibility of a team like Tennessee, Washington, New York, or even Chicago nabbing Mariota not necessarily to keep him (though they'd all be able to justify doing so, to varying degrees) only to hold him hostage as trade bait during the first round of the draft for teams like...
  18. bearlythere

2nd annual chicitysports co-operative mock draft sign-up thread

So last year wasn't so much a bust, but a failed experiment. Partly because of my own disorder and partly because of poor communication between members. Admittedly, it was slapped together at the last minute and was doomed to fail, probably. This year will be different, however. I'm starting...
  19. bearlythere

Rate my "First-Pick" Mock Draft (w/ trade downs), because I said so.

Still on bereavement leave and my wife is asleep, so I'm distracting myself with this. Grade my draft simulation, you animals: Notes: I traded down twice in this draft; once with Cleveland and once with New Orleans. R1/P012: Alvin Dupree | Outside Linebacker | Kentucky | 6-4 | 269 | 4.56...
  20. bearlythere

OT: My wife and I lost our son on Wednesday; prayers needed

This is entirely off topic, but I really don't give a fuck. I haven't even been on these boards that long and don't really "know" any of you, but I just needed to get away from family for a minute and vent this into the ether. Wednesday afternoon, my wife and I went into her 39-week exam...