Search results

1. Toast88

So the big gurus with Latham going ahead of Alt

To trade down is to value a 3rd rounder more than whoever you could get at 9. We’re beyond quantity. It’s time for quality.
  2. Toast88

So the big gurus with Latham going ahead of Alt

Not possible. I’ve been assured that Alt, Nabers, etc., “won’t be there” at 9. This is going to be the one draft in history where no one slips down, or something.
  3. Toast88

Greeny show on Bears and NFC North

That’s why, though. He’s got the “Bears will never make the right decision” doom and gloom Bears fans have, but without the fandom. A buddy of mine who lives in Chicago but is a Steelers fan is the same way.
  4. Toast88

Greeny show on Bears and NFC North

Greeny’s just as bad as Cowherd. Just last week, he was still trying to push the narrative that Williams could find a way to squirm out of being selected by the Bears. That said, I think there’s merit to thinking the Vikings could have a better year this year. Let’s remember that the Bears...
  5. Toast88

Is everyone ready for whenever the Baers are drafting the first Gay qb??

He calling you straight. You gonna take that from him, HHM?
  6. Toast88

Draft thoughts from The Athletic’s Robert Mays

Because I said it’s not outlandish to believe this year’s big 3 would each be considered top 3 among the last 10 years or close to it. No one can name more than a few WRs in that timespan who were better prospects coming out of college than MHJ, Nabers & Odunze.
  7. Toast88

Bears having a Wednesday Press Conference to announce new Stadium on Lakefront

You guys know damn well this is going to be a disaster.
  8. Toast88

Murphy now favorite at #9

Simple people be like, "Eberflus like DT. First round DT is Murphy. Eberflus get Murphy!"
  9. Toast88

2014 is 11 drafts ago, not 10. Also, MHJ is part of this year's big 3. Who said Nabers is a Calvin Johnson type? Amari Cooper was not a better prospect coming into the NFL than this year's big 3, but even if he was, ok? You still only listed 3 (Waddle, Chase & Cooper). So you agree Nabers &...
  10. Toast88

Stadium itself will probably be fine.
  11. Toast88

Are they still planning on diverting nearby traffic underground? Lol, that's the best part.
  12. Toast88

Just goes to show, there's almost no such thing as a tax going away. They just find new ways to extend it.
  13. Toast88

I'm with @I Just Want To Read . I don't think it's outlandish to suggest any of the 3 WRs in this class is a top 3 WR prospect of the last 10 years, or at least close to it. Here's the first two WRs taken in the last 9 drafts (if this year is Year #10). Who were the better prospects coming into...
  14. Toast88

Hit Rate on 1st Round Picks

The hit rate is actually much higher than this. It’s true that the draft is a crapshoot, but the talk of first round misses is overblown. You’re much more likely to hit on a first round pick than anywhere else in the draft, and if you hit (which you have a good chance of), you have cheap...
  15. Toast88

One thing I didn’t put in there, but should have: Mays mentioned that he would be surprised if the Bears went DT in the 1st round this year, as that would mean they went DT in the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd in the last 12 months, signaling that it’s not working out with their other picks. I think he’s...
  16. Toast88

True, but the point is, it’s not consensus that Odunze goes before Nabers. Not even close. It’s weird to take issue with someone saying some of these tidbits go against what’s been conventional thought over the offseason.
  17. Toast88

OT: Zach Wilson traded to the Broncos for a 7th

Are all the Jets fans like, “The Jets failed Zach Wilson 😔 “ ?
  18. Toast88

What if bears pick Maye over Williams?

Thursday night can’t come soon enough
  19. Toast88

Is that the same as “conventional thought”?