Search results

1. Toast88

For fun: Wild rumor has Minnesota trading multiple 1sts for Justin Herbert

Not saying I believe it, but this rumor is catching fire right now. CTESPN did get the AJ Brown deal, the Texans jerseys, and other stuff right. So clearly there’s some connection to real behind-the-scenes stuff there. But this seems wild as hell...
  2. Toast88

Will you be disappointed if the Bears trade back with a great prospect on the board?

I'm hearing a lot of prognosticators speculating that it's a no-brainer for the Bears to trade back. If it's there and it works out, cool. But thought exercise: Let's say the Bears are sitting there at 9, and a guy like Rome Odunze or Joe Alt is still there. You gonna be pissed if the Bears...
  3. Toast88

How does trading back help the Bears in a shallow draft?

I know there's a lot of folks advocating for the Bears to trade back into the teens. Honest question. I'm looking for a legitimate response, not mocking anyone or anything. What's the point of trading back from #9 into the teens when it'll probably only net you a 3rd or 4th rounder? I thought...
  4. Toast88

A lesson in shady stadium dealings

Whether the Bears end up in Arlington Heights or on the Lakefront, I'm glad they're seemingly taking their time getting all stakeholders on board, holding plenty of public events, making themselves available to the media and community leaders, etc. Here in Kansas City, the exact opposite is...
  5. Toast88

Eberflus & Waldron have already begun installing the offense with Caleb Williams

https://sports.yahoo.com/matt-eberflus-had-really-good-193259557.html...
  6. Toast88

Are the Bears draft-poor, or is Poles just ahead of the game?

A lot is being made of the Bears only having 4 picks in this draft. Is this a case of Poles hitting the accelerator at the expense of his "build through the draft" philosophy, or is he simply using draft assets to plug holes with proven talent that otherwise would've been a coin flip at best to...
  7. Toast88

Call it now: Hard Knocks for the Bears?

If it were up to the Bears, they'd never be on Hard Knocks. If it were up to the NFL bean-counters, the Bears this year would ABSOLUTELY be on Hard Knocks. And sure, the stars have seemed to align. The Bears have not made the playoffs in the last two seasons. They don't have a rookie head...
  8. Toast88

How many Bears QB records is Caleb Williams going to break his rookie year?

Over/under 3,838 yards Over/under 29 TDs Over/under 257 yards per game Over/under 80 passer rating (rookie record)
  9. Toast88

How long has Ryan Poles been a part of the Caleb Cult

How long has this idiot Poles been an idiot? Trading away the feels-good quarterback who his team loves?!?! HOW COULD HE DO THAT?!?! This will obvious cause something to happen that has never happened before—the locker room will literally fracture into a million pieces and the BAERS will be...
  10. Toast88

Come eat crow

You know who you are.
  11. Toast88

Hoge & Jahns: Bears already lining up on timing of Caleb Williams’ 2nd contract; also, don’t expect big money on D

Latest Hoge & Jahns: ‎Hoge & Jahns: a show about the Chicago Bears: Dianna Russini on Caleb Williams rumors, Justin Fields market, more on Apple Podcasts A LOT of interesting things along the entire podcast, so I’d listen to the whole thing. Informed speculation, but basically they say...
  12. Toast88

Full Caleb Williams presser

Does this sound like a kid who can’t talk to the media? Does this sound like someone who doesn’t love football and doesn’t want to be the best. Does this sound like a guy who doesn’t want to come to Chicago? Says he wants to “rewrite history and make history” at the QB position for the Bears...
  13. Toast88

So, Poles is definitely trading Fields in the next 2 weeks, right?

Think about some of the stuff that happened today both in the press conference and in the subsequent side interview with the Sun-Times. *When asked about trading Fields, Poles says he “wants to do right by Justin” and likens it to when the Chiefs traded Alex Smith. Still says it’s not a...
  14. Toast88

Hilarious if true: Raiders & Falcons have already made offers for Fields, rumors say

https://www.instagram.com/p/C3vVgZEx3aD/?igsh=MWNodjFvN2xnbnZmMA==
  15. Toast88

Fields explains why he unfollowed Bears

"Why do people take social media so serious?" Fields said. "I still mess with the Bears, this and that. I'm just trying to take a little break. I unfollowed the Bears and the NFL. I'm not just trying to have football on my timeline. "It's something that I don't want to see on my timeline. I'm...
  16. Toast88

OT: Humans aren’t actually becoming more athletic; It’s money, technology & society

Who doesn’t love a good 10-year-old TED Talk on a February Saturday? https://www.ted.com/talks/david_epstein_are_athletes_really_getting_faster_better_stronger?hasSummary=true Just came across this. David Epstein makes an extremely compelling case that, contrary to popular belief, people...
  17. Toast88

OT: Shooting at Chiefs parade, rally evacuated

Livestream: Watch Live
  18. Toast88

OT: Chiefs Super Bowl parade

If anyone wants to see the parade & rally live. Hell of a time for the Chiefs fans who’ve been mediocre-to-bad for decades, only to become a dynasty with who might be the best QB of all time when it’s all said and done. https://www.kctv5.com/livestream/