Search results

1. Bort

4 QB 3 WR 1OT scenario

I saw a few breakdowns of these guys, and I think we already have a very similar player to Verse in Montez Sweat. I'm kind of biased in favor of Latu because I saw what he did to USC's offense, and also I don't think the neck injury is much of a concern because it happened 4 years ago, and Latu...
  2. Bort

4 QB 3 WR 1OT scenario

When I was watching film on CW, I saw Latu just terrorize CW and make him run for his life for that entire 2023 USC vs UCLA game. Latu had 2 sacks and it would have been more if CW didn't make some Houdini-like escapes. So I guess Latu.
  3. Bort

Per Flus Bears will take BPA at Nine

It's just one game, but when I was watching film on CW in the USC-UCLA game, Latu was an absolute terror. CW was running for his life the whole game, mostly from Latu. USC even keeping a running back or TE in to help didn't matter. They just could not block him.
  4. Bort

I am worried now

You were! Also, as someone who doesn't watch any Big 12 football, I had literally never watched Mahomes play before I started watching All-22 film on him to do my QB scouting report thread. There were so many "holy shit that was a ridiculous throw" moments. I'll never understand why NFL GMs...
  5. Bort

Bears give hint for No. 9 pick plans; Braxton Jones about to have a miserable April.

This just isn't true. WR, RB, and even TE sometimes still go at the top of round 1. Ja'Marr Chase and Kyle Pitts went before any EDGE or OT just a few years ago. If an offensive skill position player is special (like MHJ is), they get drafted very high.
  6. Bort

Steelers rumored to be looking to trade up for tackle

This is a weak draft outside the first couple rounds because of COVID and NIL. In a trade down, I'd rather stack as many 2025 picks as possible.
  7. Bort

Give Williams a USC WR?

I liked #16 better, too. He might get swallowed up by more physical NFL corners, but I like his shiftiness and toughness and tenacity. I also think he could be a really good NFL special teams player. He'll probably be like a 7th rounder or UDFA, but I like him as an NFL WR 4/5 and special...
  8. Bort

With FA behind us, it's time for mocks.

Would be pretty amazing to get your franchise QB and franchise LT in the same draft.
  9. Bort

Give Williams a USC WR?

I wasn't really impressed with any of the USC receivers when I was watching film on CW. Rice was a good 50/50 ball receiver (against Pac-12 defensive backs), but he's not very quick and often struggled to create separation, hence the need for the 50/50 balls.
  10. Bort

Officail Caleb Williams Pro Day IGT(FTO)

I, for one, am not convinced of your assertions of personal wealth by just seeing some random images of luxury sports cars. I think I speak for most of us here when I say we would really appreciate it if you would share images of your full brokerage account statements with balances, account...
  11. Bort

Officail Caleb Williams Pro Day IGT(FTO)

LOL You guys don't have to worry about what if CW can't throw the ball 60 yards. This one is thrown from about the 15 in the center of the field and hits the receiver just outside the left hashmark just inside the 20, so I'd say a good guesstimate is this one probably went about 70 yards in the...
  12. Bort

Here’s why nobody wants fields

For someone complaining about cherry picking, those are some seriously cherry-picked stats. Why specifically start at week 8 in 2022 and stop before week 14 in 2023? Because his worst statistical games in 2023 were literally the next 2 weeks. These are just the stats. You can't argue with...
  13. Bort

Vikings acquire Texans 1st Round Pick

But the reason for the discount is because NFL coaches and GMs have to win now due to job security concerns, not because the future picks are actually less valuable.
  14. Bort

Vikings acquire Texans 1st Round Pick

I think it's a much weirder trade for the Vikings. The normal pick value charts that teams use have pick 23 at like 760 and the picks in the 40s between 410 and 500, so just from a pick value perspective, it's a very good deal for the Texans (assuming the Vikings 2nd rounder next year is most...
  15. Bort

Mooneys value around the league

If you watch the All-22, you'll see Mooney getting open a lot, and Fields not throwing it to him. He could be a good fit for Cousins. Potential fantasy football sleeper next year.
  16. Bort

Grade S Kevin Byard signing

The really remarkable thing about Byard is how durable he has been. He's only missed 1 game in 8 seasons. I'm usually against signing 30+ year old defensive backs, but Byard has very little wear and tear on him from injuries because he literally hasn't had any.
  17. Bort

Hoge & Jahns: Bears already lining up on timing of Caleb Williams’ 2nd contract; also, don’t expect big money on D

I kind of feel bad for Sanchez. Around 80 career NFL starts over 8 seasons, took his team to the AFC championship game, and years later all everyone remembers about his career is the butt fumble.
  18. Bort

Hoge & Jahns: Bears already lining up on timing of Caleb Williams’ 2nd contract; also, don’t expect big money on D

I think this is actually a big part of the story of why there are so many KEEP FIELDS people. Bears fans are so accustomed to terrible quarterback play that they get excited by mediocrity.
  19. Bort

Chris Simms is VERY high on Williams

Exactly. Almost everyone (including me) had Lamar as a late 1st/early 2nd round type prospect. We were wrong, and Simms was right. He deserves credit for that.
  20. Bort

Chris Simms is VERY high on Williams

A lot of people don't start actually studying film on these guys until the offseason. I have much stronger opinion about CW today than I did 2 months ago. Maybe Simms does, too.