Search results

1. Khalil Mack and the defense

Just wondering what you would all do with Khalil Mack and some of the older players on defense given the situation we find ourselves in. If you trade him pre-June 1st you have over $21m in dead money and are only saving $5m, post-June 1st that goes to $9.4m in dead money and a cap saving of...
  2. Did I miss anything?

Just couldn't face watching the game today (made easier by it being Monday morning here) and accidentally saw the score when it popped up on my phone. Did I miss anything that would change my position that we need to clean house immediately?
  3. D'Eriq King

Can someone who watches more College football than me fill me in. Just caught his game against NC State and he looks a baller. I know he's a midget but looked really impressive.
  4. Pace & Offense - Thought Experiment

Was talking this over just now with someone. Is there a single player that Pace has drafted on offense that you wouldn't swap right now for the draft pick used on them in the upcoming draft? Here's the list, players in brackets no longer on the team... Mitchell Trubisky - 2 (Kevin White - 7)...
  5. Nagy: "I've never been involved in something like this before"

Does Nagy need to go into the concussion protocol? Because I'm pretty sure he's been involved in exactly this sort of offense since he joined us 40 games ago. I get that he's been handed a bottom 5 offensive personnel by Pace, and I am all aboard the Fire Pace train, but at some point do you...
  6. OL in 2020

So, I dont hate the picks. Just because you have 10 TEs on the roster doesn't mean any of them are good and CB2 was a need and we got good value there. But having passed on Josh Jones twice, what exactly is the plan for the O line? We spent all last season bemoaning a line that had grown soft...
  7. Fire Pace

As the final nail goes in to our season, I find myself feeling bad for Trubisky and holding a righteous anger for Pace. This was an absolute reckoning for him as a GM on primetime. His hand picked QB looks shell shocked, capable of making plays but infrequently and seeing ghosts out there. He...
  8. Fire Harry Hiestand

While we're discussing reactionary responses to this team being bad, how bad was the OL today in the first half? As a group, the regression from being average at best last year is staggering. I get that with Long out we have no 1st rounders there but OMG they are unprofessionally bad at this...
  9. 172 days

That is the amount of time we have between today's loss to the Eagles and the 2nd day of the draft when we hopefully draft a QB with a top 40 pick and a tackle half an hour later. At 3-3 I knew it was over but could at least think about evaluating some of the developing players behind the...
  10. Offseason based on things that have a chance of happening IRL

I've been digesting the loss and my hate turd is a couple of hours away from splashdown. While I wait, I've been plotting a path forward as I've seen some fairly outlandish views and offseason plans (sign Landon Collins, draft our way out of this, Trubisky is a bust/immune from criticism, Nagy...
  11. A crystallized thought on Trubisky and Bears

I was listening to Spiegel and Parkins this morning (Tuesday morning here) and a caller managed to perfectly distil my own thoughts on the current Bears situation. They were discussing Watson/Trubisky and whether #10 has it. Essentially this caller said that while there are a few scary things...
  12. The race for the no2 pick

Well, race is a strong word that implies a degree of athleticism and dedication to craft that was largely absent from today's shitshow. But you get my drift. No-one is beating the Browns to the no1 overall but there's now a good chance we pick in the top 5, maybe higher, especially if they keep...
  13. So here we are again...

Week 11 rolls around and we’re totally out of contention under Fox and Pace. I can only speak for myself when I said that as Barth was lining that kick up, not only did I not expect him to make it, but I also started thinking that maybe it wouldn’t be the worst thing in the world if he missed...
  14. Leonard Floyd and the need to go OLB in 1st

I admit that I was pretty disappointed with Floyd in the first couple of games of the season. Probably because of all the reports about him being physically stronger in pre season and the prospect of him taking a step up with Fangio working directly with the OLBs. But he's been really good the...
  15. The Mitch Sitters: what would make you change your mind?

We've had a number of threads on here from people that don't want to see Trubisky play against the Steelers. Their reasons vary between... - Glennon apologists blaming the putrid receiving corps (Collins77) - Blaming turnovers exclusively for the loss against the Bucs, despite the fact that 3...
  16. Langford gone

Not exactly a surprise this but Langford and Braunecker have been waived to make way for the new RB and WR. 904420586146975745 https://twitter.com/BradBiggs/status/904420586146975745 What a fall from grace for Langford from his rookie season. Have to think he'll get picked up by someone...
  17. The weak link: WRs

Just when you thought this position group couldn't get any worse, we lose our nominal WR1 to a gruesome, season-ending injury. I know we've been talking about this all off season as a potential weakness but I thought it would be interesting to see how you all see it now. We all hoped that...
  18. The coaching staff and Trubisky's development

Sorry if this is a bit incoherent or if this has been touched on in other threads. Setting aside all the talk about the trade up for a moment and whether or not you are on board with the pick, what do you think the plan is with the coaching staff? I know there have been a lot of rumours about...
  19. The Psychology/Pathology of Bears Fandom

It's been interesting watching the fall out from the trade up to select Trubisky on here and across the league. Initially talking heads seem confused apart from the usual platitudes about taking a QB if you're convinced he's a franchise guy. A day later, we're starting to see more of the older...
  20. Your worst case scenario in the draft

So, we've spent the last couple of months arguing about taking a QB at 3 and the implications that would have for the franchise. We've discussed the viability of taking a safety, a TE and even a RB at 3. We've looked at trading down and staying pat. At this point, everyone is pretty set about...