Search results

1. Burrberry

Q: Why would NE trade JG?

At that point in time he wasn't. We only had footage of him in preseason and he struggled for the first two which is why so many NFC North people were licking their chops at the thought of Favre leaving. You're right about the am I retired or not thing. I'm just not buying this as far...
  2. Burrberry

Are you? By that logic you'd move Rodgers who had looked like trash up until the point he was handed the reigns just because Favre had some years left in him.
  3. Burrberry

We all understand this. I'm asking if you'd trade 3-5 more years of possible MVP level play and then retirement to 15 years of good? Probably with some great in there as well(Maybe even some MVP like years as long as Jimmy is a Patriot). If Jimmy is the heir apparent as they say he is then it...
  4. Burrberry

Brady is 40 years old 3-5 more years or not, if Jimmy G was THAT good as they proclaim shouldn't they be trying to get Brady out of there instead of losing a so-called franchise QB for the low cost of a 1st rounder?
  5. Burrberry

Jimmy G's Price Tag May Be Too Expensive For The Bears

I can't shake that bad feeling. Even if Brady has 5 more years of playing at an MVP level, if Hometown Jimmy can give them 15 years of even "good" play why trade him? It would be a tough pill to swallow, but why wouldn't I move Tom out? If Jimmy can give them 15 years of good play(And probably...
  6. Burrberry

If the bears land jimmy with a 2nd whats your plan

It's not a knee or back. It's shoulder and groin(Which can be lingering) which will repair in time. He was playing at the level he was even with the injuries he had and will be ready for OTA's and camp
  7. Burrberry

This is why the Browns/Bears are linked to JG

Or he could think Garoppolo is better than all of these QB's. Pace has been scouting Jimmy since he was in New Orleans, I think he would know what he is getting into.
  8. Burrberry

Report: Jimmy Garoppolo is Bears top offseason priority

If it's anything the Bears have right now it's money. Money should not be any kind of obstacle at the moment. Right now they have enough to extend Jimmy's contract, resign Jeffery, and get a couple of pricey free agents and they haven't even sent Cutler packing yet.
  9. Burrberry

Malik Hooker out 4-6 months after multiple surgeries on labrum and hernia

They actually have to sign here first. When/If we do address it in FA we can move on to other stuff. As of now there's still a gaping hole at a spot. And you didn't answer my question. If we pick a QB at #3 are they supposed to be a better prospects than Phillip Rivers? Obviously they can win...
  10. Burrberry

What You Leaning Toward == QB?

Leaning towards drafting BPA at #3 and a QB round 2 although I wouldn't hate Kizer or Trubisky at #3.
  11. Burrberry

They can't just expect a damn good maybe All pro like player at #3 if they go S? He has to be put in consideration with guys that were picked before and after him ages ago? Never mind the individual needs of those team's or that the NFL constantly evolves. I can't see team's thinking how guy's...
  12. Burrberry

Chargers knew he was hurt and they're still ready to take him at #7 overall if he's there according to anonymous sources. And by people I meant fans of teams in the Top 5.
  13. Burrberry

Whats more important?

If by Top QB you mean upper-crust like Rodgers, P. Manning, Brees. Brady, etc... a top QB definitely elevates the team more IMO. However to even get to the Superbowl most likely you don't suck on defense... Only team recently that won and was "whatever" on defense that I can think of is the...
  14. Burrberry

Not really. Team's have known he was playing hurt. He's the same guy people were ready to take in the Top 5. Heck he was doing all of that while he wasn't at his physical best. As long as he interviews right I don't think this changes the game that much.
  15. Burrberry

Joe Thomas on selecting a QB.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/01/26/joe-thomas-take-a-pass-rusher-with-no-1-pick-not-a-qb/ Is he right or wrong?
  16. Burrberry

Boxing trivia

David Diaz 10 years ago to the best of my recollection. He ended up losing it to Manny Pacquiao. To this day he's held up as "The one" in Chicago boxing gyms even though he only held the belt for about 8 months. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gCChtgXmxgM You are right Chicago doesn't really...
  17. Burrberry

Can't wait 'till 4 is a Bear

If it's a comparison as both coming out, I get it. But folks(Not you) just stating they played in similar offenses, and put up relatively similar #'s under a microscope doesn't do it for me. If that' the case why not Geno Smith since he was a beast coming out of college and was doing some of the...
  18. Burrberry

FWIW Mariota beat Watson in completion % the last year, but he threw the ball 100 times less than Watson. Watson had about 150 more passing yards his last year, but it was on over 100 more attempts. And yeah you could be right as far as responsibilities is concerned, I jut don't see them as that...
  19. Burrberry

Accuracy isn't only a completion %. You know this. Mariota measured 6'4 at the combine, although 2 inches of height is not a big deal. Watson is said to be in the 6'1-6'2 area. W/E if he can play QB right? Offensively they were doing some of the same stuff, but I've watched several of his old...
  20. Burrberry

Other than the fact that Mariota was bigger, faster, stronger, more accurate, more productive, turned the ball over less than Watson, and was just a better overall player? Yeah not much of a difference.