Search results

1. Bowers is the Ideal Tight End

An advantage to having a top weapon/receiving target at TE instead of WR is the positional cost. Top tight ends don’t get 25 mil/year, so you can allocate that money elsewhere if Bowers becomes your top option or second option.
  2. 2024 NFL Draft discussion

A 4th and 5th don’t get you from 9 to 5 with marvin harrison available. It will take a first next year or 2nd this year at minimum. Its why i suggested 2 seconds next year so we keep our first next year. I would also consider our first next year because those 2 seconds may be more valuable than...
  3. 2024 NFL Draft discussion

The bears could trade the 2nd from Carolina next year which should be a high second. I would be willing to trade both of next years 2s to move up if we get a 4th back next year as well.
  4. PFR: Bears unlikely to trade #9 pick

Their draft class is Caleb, Odunze, Sweat, Keenan Allen, 3rd rounder, Bates, 4th rounder. I think it may be the best draft class since the Covert, Gault, Richardson, Duerson, Thayer, Dent, Bortz draft in 1983. We don’t need more picks.
  5. Rate the 2024 Rookie QBs 1-6

1. Williams 2. Nix 3. McCarthy 4. Maye 5. Penix 6. Daniels
  6. 20 mins of CW playing from the pocket

how you can watch this video and not see hall of fame potential here is insane to me. Thanks for sharing this video.
  7. Are the Bears set a receiving targets for 2024?

Disagree with this comparison. you take the stud wr because 3 receivers play together quite often. So he can be eased in, but also is ready to step up if DJ or Keenan miss games which is likely. Combine this with The fact that Keenan has 1-2 years with the bears after this year if not 0 years...
  8. FREE AGENCY NO NEWS THREAD

Mike williams is high risk, high upside, boyd would be perfect number 3 out of the slot, reynolds would be a fine 3 as well. Brown is a two probably, though not sure he is the right fit for us, he is still a good receiver.
  9. FREE AGENCY NO NEWS THREAD

Fortunately there are plenty of solid options left, and we still have cash. Btw, does anyone have a reasonable estimation of how much we have left on the cap?
  10. FREE AGENCY NO NEWS THREAD

Samuel was my guy for sure. But not sure you should spend 30 mil on your third receiver. Probably better to get one slighly later in the process for 8 mil or less. Give me Boyd, Mike Williams, Josh Reynolds, or Marquis Brown. If we manage one of them, it can be salvaged. But losing Samuel...
  11. FREE AGENCY NO NEWS THREAD

So have all of the acceptable number 2/3 receivers all signed with the Jags and Panthers while i was away? Are we out of money? Do we not have 5 picks in the first 4 rounds? Do we not have Fields to trade even if for smaller comp than expected? Poles failed? He signed a really good RB...
  12. FREE AGENCY NO NEWS THREAD

What is the timing on this?
  13. FREE AGENCY NO NEWS THREAD

No, but we probably should have a big signing on the D-line. And Armstead or Hunter I think would satisfy most here. Then add Samuel or Boyd, draft Caleb and Odunze (or trade down and draft Brian Thomas) and I would be thrilled with our offseason.
  14. FREE AGENCY NO NEWS THREAD

I would rather sign Arik Armstead…
  15. FREE AGENCY NO NEWS THREAD

I prefer Hunter and Samuel, but Boyd is my second choice for number 3 receiver for this team.
  16. Chris Simms is VERY high on Williams

My point is all of those quarterbacks are not good. The fact is he recognized fields and Jones as not being good. Mac jones had a better rookie year than fields. I like fields better, but he may not actually be a better qb. I think this convo is getting tiresome. We just dont see it the same...
  17. Chris Simms is VERY high on Williams

He had lamar ranked number 1. Lamar got picked at like pick 30 in the draft and has two mvps. I would say this speaks in Simms evaluation favor…
  18. Chris Simms is VERY high on Williams

How was he wrong on them? Both are QBs who’s teams don’t see them likely as long term starters. He ranked them low. thats a right to me.
  19. Chris Simms is VERY high on Williams

Getting the order wrong on 4 likely NFL backup qbs is not nearly as damning as getting the great ones right
  20. Chris Simms is VERY high on Williams

Lol, great response! But seriously, I would enjoy arguing and discussing bears so much more with you if you had less antagonistic angry language in your arguments. It doesn’t further your points.