Search results

1. Falcons tampering discipline could give Bears critical NFL draft gift

I think you forgetting another aspect of this - allegedly, Cousins recruited Mooney to Atlanta as well. In addition to the other aspect of it potentially affecting the trade value they might have gotten for Fields. So yes, I care as a Bears fan, because the Bears were affected by the tampering...
  2. Bears having a Wednesday Press Conference to announce new Stadium on Lakefront

Soldier Field lost the National Landmark status on the last stadium renovation.
  3. Falcons tampering discipline could give Bears critical NFL draft gift

I would argue that it affected the Bears too. If Cousins had stayed with the Vikings, there is a reasonable chance that the Bears trade Fields to Atlanta for better compensation than they got from Pittsburgh.
  4. Falcons tampering discipline could give Bears critical NFL draft gift

It's essentially giving the Vikings, a division rival, a 'free' trade up into the top 10 and right in front of the Bears. You think that doesn't matter? The previous pick swap stuff that went on was in like the 3rd or 4th rounds. That area of the draft is much less impactful to the...
  5. Falcons tampering discipline could give Bears critical NFL draft gift

Eh, no solution is going to be perfect. Someone will probably argue that the teams having picks 1-7 didn't get any benefit so it's not fair to them. The dumbest idea I saw floated on twitter somewhere was a pick swap between the Falcons and the Vikings for 8 and 11. That would truly be unfair...
  6. Joel Klatt's final mock draft

Didn't know where to put this and did not feel like starting a whole new thread for it. But apparently, by his own words, Philip Rivers out threw Drake Maye in a training drill. Not necessarily a big deal, but at the same time...not sure I would admit that right before the draft. Seems like a...
  7. Falcons tampering discipline could give Bears critical NFL draft gift

Was there anything referenced in the Schefter ESPN report about possible penalties? Or was it just saying something expected this week before the draft?
  8. OT: Zach Wilson traded to the Broncos for a 7th

Yeah, Zach and a 7th for a 6th. Also read that the Jets had to agree to pay some of the salary as well.
  9. OT: Jayden Daniels is the diva people thought Caleb Williams was

Yeah, I don't get any sort of comparison of Burrow to Daniels. Burrow's last year at LSU he had 4% better completion percentage, about 1900 more yards passing, and 20 more TD's. Plus a national title and that LSU team with Burrow leading the charge that destroyed the competition. It's not...
  10. The 2024 NFL Draft rumor that just won't die

That's not what they are talking about though. The Ben Volin trade being mentioned here and other places on Bears twitter right now is #3 for #9, #75, a 2025 1st, and a 2025 3rd. I just think that is way too rich and that MHJ, while special, is not that much more special than Nabers or Odunze.
  11. The 2024 NFL Draft rumor that just won't die

I don't know about that one. I'm just not a big fan of trading up and giving up that much for MHJ. I don't doubt his talent level, but is he really that much head and shoulders better than both Nabers and Odunze? I lean towards just staying at #9 and taking whichever of the top 3 WR gets to...
  12. Is Caleb Williams the most down to earth of the QB prospects?

I agree with basically everything you are saying here. Certainly there are some quirks (who doesn't have quirks?), but overall he seems like he gets it. He has a dream and goal to be the best and he has put an enormous amount of time, energy, and effort into achieving that dream. It sounds...
  13. OT: Jayden Daniels is the diva people thought Caleb Williams was

It's not unusual for teams to bring in multiple players at a time for a top 30 visit. This is the first time I have heard about a team doing that with QB's and when you are talking about the #2 overall pick. The 49ers sure as hell did not do that when they traded up for the #3 overall pick. I...
  14. OT: Jayden Daniels is the diva people thought Caleb Williams was

I agree that those are concerning things to hear and imo, that is completely separate from the weird Washington 30 visit deal. Any time you hear or read that coaches, teammates, and staff were happy to see a player leave that should give you pause in what is really going on. I also found it...
  15. OT: Jayden Daniels is the diva people thought Caleb Williams was

I would add that, and again this sounds weird, but the Bears did it the right way with Williams. Yes, they had other players in for the 30 visit at the same time but it was not other QBs. And they also had him meet with current team veterans to see how they all interacted. IMO, that is what...
  16. Is Flus on the Hot Seat?

That is always one of the main concerns with a defensive minded HC is that you end up with a revolving door at OC. The hope, obviously, is that Waldron ends up being a good OC and he likes working with both Wiliams and Flus enough to stick around. Along those lines, if he really does end up...
  17. OT: Jayden Daniels is the diva people thought Caleb Williams was

Yeah, it's been an interesting couple of days on that front. In Jayden Daniels' defense though, that was a really weird thing that Washington did. I don't think any of those QB's should be happy with how that was handled. I saw speculation on PFT that it was likely driven by the schedule of...
  18. Is Flus on the Hot Seat?

If the Bears were going to make a change to an offensive minded head coach, Poles should have done it this past offseason. I think he sticks with Flus for at least a couple of years barring some truly epic meltdown. I also find it interesting that there is a bit of switch in the NFL right now...
  19. Caleb on his reaction to Bears trading Fields

I found it interesting too that even going back to high school, he has been living on his own, in his own apartment. Then, you see that he had a pretty incredible set-up there in LA and it's just different. He will coming in to the NFL as a much more mature 22 than most. And listening to him...
  20. Ryan leaf: caleb should sit a year

I have come to realize that the veteran QB idea is often overrated, especially in this situation. The Bears have several coaches now in this new offensive coaching staff that are going to work with Williams - you have Shane Waldron (OC), Thomas Brown (Passing Game Coordinator), Kerry Joseph...