Search results

1. Offseason rumors/discussion thread

Hmm, looks like he'll blend in swimmingly! He struck out 110 times in 349AB last year. Over 600AB which he is NOT going to get but if he did, he would have 189 K's which would put him at tops in the NL. Aren't we looking for more contact guys, he hit .238 last year. I see it says he has post...
  2. My note to Cubs batters

PLEASE stop watching strikes that are right down the middle. Particularly when you have two strikes already. That thing on your shoulder is called a bat, use it. Thank you
  3. Cubs Farm System And Prospects Discussion Thread

I've been watching MLB mess up the top 30 for the Cubs for too long. They really have no clue. How long did they have Stinnett and Zastryzny in the top 30, URGHH, they were NEVER dominant in any level. I couldn’t stand seeing them in the top 30. 1/2 the people that were on the top 10 at the...
  4. Home Run Derby

At least twice Harper hit the next ball before the previous ball landed. At least twice. You’re not even supposed to throw the ball till the previous ball lands. Of course they don’t want to take HRs off the board for the hometown player. Plus they don’t want any negative publicity so the...
  5. Cubs Farm System And Prospects Discussion Thread

So I don't post much but I love to follow my home team Cubs and all of the minor league teams and players. This year has been a very, well, terrible year so far for our minor league team's records except for this weekend. So up to this last Saturday the Cubs minor league affiliates have played...
  6. Cubs offseason rumors/transactions

Heard Steve say this morning on XM radio that Schwarber to Rays for Archer and Colome could be something. I'm sure it wouldn't just be Schwarber.
  7. Otani posted, will be in MLB in 2018

Which team does a Cubs fan wants Otani to sign with, in order: 1. Cubs - Duh 2. Angels - Still not a power house, still lacking minor league system to be good 3. Mariners - Still not a great team 4. Rangers - At least they aren't in the NL 5. Padres - Won't be good for a long time even with him...
  8. Who would you rather have?

The fact that Bryant has two more years of control should give the 100% definite edge to wanting him over Arenado. Can't go wrong with either but I'll take 2 more years!
  9. Who would you rather have?

I thought this would be a fun post! Consider the contract and years left in your answer. I'll start with a few: Willson Contreras or Gary Sanchez Anthony Rizzo or Paul Goldschmidt Kris Bryant or Any other 3rd baseman Jon Lester or Justin Verlander
  10. Lookin like Otani is now going to be posted...

I was thinking something like whoever signs him loses there next two first round draft picks. But yes if the commish sets this up before he decides where he's going then it's not like he's being biased against a certain team. The team that signs him realizes that they will have to give up...
  11. Lookin like Otani is now going to be posted...

If that is the message you took out of the post, sure. lol. I guess you can say I wouldn't be complaining if it were the Cubs who signed him. Still wouldn't/shouldn't be right. It's the way the system is built but the system is faulty to allow such a HUGE advantage to 1 out of the 30 teams. I...
  12. Lookin like Otani is now going to be posted...

I don't know about anyone else but it makes me sick to think that some other team than the Cubs is going to get this probable All-Star for peanuts. No draft pick, hardly anything against their yearly budget so no luxury tax, no trading players, they get him for six years. It just doesn't seem...
  13. IST: Cubs @ Brewers

Was great to see a comeback win, late. This hasn't happened very often for the Cubs this year. I will admit with 2 strikes on Javy and him swinging at pitches just above the dirt, I was not expecting a base hit. Was a pleasant surprise and a great overall win. I am getting more and more...
  14. Cubs Fan Roll-Call Thread : Introduce Yourself and Start Posting

Name: Mark Fav Present Player: Hmm - Kris Bryant but love many of the current Cubs Fav Past Player: Ryan Sandberg Fav Cubs Moment: Getting to personally see the 30th out of the final game last year. Was an amazing year, wouldn't have missed history like that! Other Sports: Blackhawks fan...