Search results

1. payton 34ever

Walter Football Bears draft grade

Stopped reading after "the last thing the Bears needed was a tight end". Why write a review if you don't know anything about the team on a level that basic?
  2. payton 34ever

The biggest difference between Patrick Mahomes and Mitchell Trubisky is..........

Dumb comparison - you're comparing the most transcendent QB talent in a couple of decades to someone who hasn't panned out. A better comparison would be someone that had the same general expectations as Mitch (willing to take suggestions on who that would be). There are very few people you could...
  3. payton 34ever

This forum is tearing itself apart. This is the thread that saves us.

You lost me at "trade Mack". This team needs to do everything possible (draft & free agency) to put together an above-average offensive line. The rest will fall into place.
  4. payton 34ever

All of you Trubisky nut huggers can go back to the holes you crawled out of now

Trying to imagine what a sad life you must lead when you are revved up to go post on the Bears board that your prediction of the QB sucking, and therefore the Bears sucking is correct. This is why I stopped conversing with fans and on message boards in most sports. Loaded with people who would...
  5. payton 34ever

DePaul Basketball

As someone who lives in Iowa and has to listen to Hawkeye garbage constantly, THANK YOU Depaul for crushing them this year.
  6. payton 34ever

If the rams go 10-6....

Woah, cowboy. The Bears have Green Bay, KC, and Minnesota yet (maybe 3 playoff teams). 10 wins first, then speculation.
  7. payton 34ever

Raider fan kicking wisdom (no hate)

I read about a paragraph of that (never getting that back) before putting this dumbass on ignore. How embarrassing - but hey, that's the Raiders in a nutshell.
  8. payton 34ever

Cam Newton wants to play in Chicago

LOL at people saying "fuck that guy" and "he's useless". The current QBs are Trubisky and Daniel. Give me a fucking break.
  9. payton 34ever

Is it all Mitch’s fault?

Of course not. The line sucks. The D really misses Hicks. The secondary has had a down year. Our receivers cannot get open. Our running backs have been disappointing. Saying "the QB sucks" is a Bears fan's way of dealing with the fact that the overall team just isn't that good and Nagy appears...
  10. payton 34ever

First post...possibly last...

All that stood out to me from that whole wall of text was "Bears fans suck". Can't say I disagree.
  11. payton 34ever

Haha haha fudge!!

I watched KC/Min. today instead. Great damn game with a fantastic ending. So much better than wasting a Sunday watching the Bears' bullshit.
  12. payton 34ever

Trade Mack!

Epically dumb thread. Mack is literally the only reason to pay any attention to this team whatsoever right now.
  13. payton 34ever

Pineiro takes a shot at coaching staff

Here's an idea: you're an NFL kicker trying a field goal that's barely longer than an extra point. Make the fucking kick, regardless of where the ball is spotted.
  14. payton 34ever

Is it bad that I don't even care

This is where I arrived toward the end of the Trestman era and never looked back. I will watch them occasionally if there's nothing else to do (today happened to be one of those days), but I'm no longer remotely invested emotionally. If they're playing like garbage, I treat it like a bad movie...
  15. payton 34ever

Which gm is the worst?

Emery's reign left me so devoid of hope, so doubting the future of the team and especially the defense, that I stopped watching the NFL for a few years. Easy choice for me.
  16. payton 34ever

Chargers

Bears in a low scoring crapfest. 16-10.
  17. payton 34ever

Enough about Mitch...O-line?

It doesn't have to be 50 TDs and winning league MVP to be effective. He's right, you're wrong in regards to KC's offense not making Alex Smith look better than he ever did anywhere else. SF/Washington Stats (8 seasons): 91 TD passes, 68 INTs, one season with a completion % over 62.5% Kansas...
  18. payton 34ever

With all this talk about moving on from Trub, what are the options?

Alex Smith has had 17 operations on that leg since it was shattered. He's done.
  19. payton 34ever

Well, yeah, obviously that's part of it. Maybe just a few more specifics than that? I feel like they've neglected the o-line in recent drafts and it's coming back to haunt them now. They're picking up a lot of "OK" guys through FA, and it's coming home to roost, particularly when people get...
  20. payton 34ever

And can they please get anything resembling a servicable tight end (I suppose that's kind of loosely connected to the o-line as well), too? How can Nagy work with someone like Kelce in this offense, then come here and get no one to fill that role? Is this a front office problem, or can he...