Search results

1. Diddy1122

Blake Griffin trade sweepstakes thread

I don't believe they will. They currently only have 8 players under contract and already have the 3rd highest payroll @ $80+M. Keep in mind they haven't resigned Lebron or JR yet. Those two alone will add roughly another $45M or so combined. They will have the highest payroll again this year...
  2. Diddy1122

2016-17 NBA Around the League thread

I get that but I also don't think there's ever been a situation where a player started out on one team, was cut, signed with another team and then his former & current team met in the NBA Finals. That to me, is the main reason he is not accepting the ring. Even if his Warrior teammates didn't...
  3. Diddy1122

Why? He didn't help them win that ring and it would be a complete slap in the face to the team he actually played for in the finals. It's the right thing to do imho.
  4. Diddy1122

Kevin Barkley vs Charles Durant thread formerly AtL

LOL you really have absolutely no idea what you are talking about. Hakeem played almost every game that year! Barkley and Drexler missed 49 combined games. They didn't pick up any slack. That was Kevin Willis and Mario Elie doing that. Your argument is toast man. It's time to stop...
  5. Diddy1122

This and Scoot's post should end all of this nonsense even though it likely won't. We all watched those teams back in the 90's and know what the situations were. The Rockets only did the Barkley trade to stay relevant in the West which was transitioning into the dominant conference in the league.
  6. Diddy1122

Andre Iguodala: “Now that we got KD, I can say it: They were the best team last year in the playoffs.” Iggy seems to disagree with you. Even a player on the team he joined says that the team he left was BETTER than them in the playoffs last year. As entertaining as this has been, I'm going to...
  7. Diddy1122

I think you've failed to grasp what Barkley was "crying" about. It is not about just going to a championship contender. Every single player wants that. It's about the 2nd leading scorer in the NBA, leaving a CHAMPIONSHIP CONTENDER that was up 3-1 in the WCF, to go to the team that beat you in...
  8. Diddy1122

95-96 Rockets: Avg. age of top 2 players: 33; # of games those players missed: 40 15-16 Warriors: Avg. age of top 2 players: 26; # of games those players missed: 4 All the advanced statistics in the world don't mean shit if the players aren't on the court. Age was a HUGE factor with those...
  9. Diddy1122

My god this thing is still going?? How many times can it be stated that the Durant signing has ZERO connection/comparison with a 34 year old Barkley joining a 34 year old Hakeem and 36 year old Clyde on a team that finished 3rd in their own freaking division the previous year? This is like...
  10. Diddy1122

Bulls sign Dwyane Wade to 2 year 47M deal

I wasn't much of fan of the Rondo signing but I don't think these signings are all that terrible either. Short, prove it contracts that still keep the team relevant whil maintaining the cap space for the big FA's in the next two offseasons. Plain and simple, I'd rather be watching this team...
  11. Diddy1122

Too much overreacting going on right now. Wade is obviously an upgrade over Rose. Lopez is an upgrade over Noah and Rondo, with his head screwed on straight, is one of the best PG's in the league. I don't quite understand how fans don't see that we are already better than last year with this...
  12. Diddy1122

Good question. Where the hell are you Clone!? :kermit::kermit::kermit::kermit::kermit::kermit::kermit::kermit::kermit:
  13. Diddy1122

From trading a Chicago son to a Chicago son returning home, this off season is playing out like a TV sports movie and I'm loving it! Wade's jersey sales are going to sky rocket! No clue how this will look on the floor but at least I'm excited to watch next season after a season of fucktardedness.
  14. Diddy1122

Bulls sign Rajon Rondo for 2 years, $28 million

Rondo did lead the league in assists last season and had little locker room problems, despite being on the Kings. However, he is a complete liability from a scoring stand point. No shot outside of 10' and a putrid career 61% from the FT line (get ready for Hack-A-Rondo Bulls fans!). His...
  15. Diddy1122

Finally a voice of reason. Wade is coming off a year where he nearly took the Heat to the ECF, without Bosh or any real consistent 2nd option. Riley gave him an offer around $10 million per. That would mean he's getting paid less than Jon fucking Leur. Let me say that again: JON FUCKING...
  16. Diddy1122

Bulls are pursuing Wade aggressively with a $20mill/year multiyear offer, according to reports. He's meeting teams when he gets back from vacation next week.
  17. Diddy1122

It's actually $75mill, but what's an extra mill here and there
  18. Diddy1122

Indeed. I can't even begin to imagine what scrubs will be worth when the cap explodes even more next year. Hinrich could sign for $12mill somewhere. :smug:
  19. Diddy1122

GarPax is targeting Solomon Hill and Dion Waiters in free agency
  20. Diddy1122

Denzel Valentine is wearing Jordan's old number

Why would they retire #8? That was rapist Kobe. They aren't going to do that. #24 was a brilliant, upstanding citizen with an incredible work ethic. :smug: