Search results

1. TheChicagoFan

MLB Draft 2013: White Sox Edition

The Draft is this Thursday-Sunday. I'm pretty sure the draft is streamed live on mlb.com for all of the days and probably on MLB Network. The White Sox have the 17th pick in the first round. There have been quite a few different ideas of what the Sox are looking at. Most of the sites say...
  2. TheChicagoFan

The Oxford Comma

Yay or nay? I personally use it despite my degree and industry telling me to do otherwise. Just wondering about your thoughts, opinions, and personal usages.
  3. TheChicagoFan

Chris Sale for Cy Young

http://www.chicitysports.com/2012/07/19/chris-sales-case-for-cy-young/ My "once a week" article.
  4. TheChicagoFan

Axelrod To The Bull Pen

Humber will start Sunday, Axelrod to the bullpen -@scottmerkin
  5. TheChicagoFan

Humber Back

Humber very satisfied with Thursday rehab start. Will start in Boston. He's not sure of day but it would be Tuesday - @scottmerkin He'll be back to play the Red Sox on Tuesday. In his rehab start he threw 6 innings of two hit ball. 48 of 78 pitches were strikes. He made two rehab starts before...
  6. TheChicagoFan

7/13 Pick To Click

My pick is AJ. Get em in before the game starts.
  7. TheChicagoFan

OT: Cam Janssen is a Douche

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6oB30igna0k Quoted as saying "Oh if the guy is sucking cock, I'll knock him out for sure" And other shit that's totally uncalled for and completely classless.
  8. TheChicagoFan

Fantasizing the Bears

Since everyone else that's totally cool does this shit, I figured I would while I'm bored on summer nights. I did a fantasy draft of the Bears in Madden 11. And I'll be sharing my adventures with the team throughout. PS. I suck at Madden so this is going to be interesting.
  9. TheChicagoFan

Midseason Awards

Me and Dews teamed up to write this one. So you better like it twice as much :D
  10. TheChicagoFan

Sunday 7/8 Pick to Click

Got until the bottom of the 2nd to make pics :) I take Flowers
  11. TheChicagoFan

ASG Selections Thread

Starters AL: Napoli 1 Fielder 3 Cano 4 Beltre 5 Derek Jeter 6 Bautista Granderson Hamilton Starters NL: Posey 1 Votto 3 Uggla 4 Sandoval 5 Furcal 6 Cabrera Beltran Kemp
  12. TheChicagoFan

Around The MLB Thread

Can't believe we don't have one of these :turrible: :dealwithit:
  13. TheChicagoFan

Will Ohman Placed On Waivers

@CST_soxvan About time.
  14. TheChicagoFan

Pick to Click

I'm taking beckham
  15. TheChicagoFan

IST: White Sox (33-26) vs. Astros (25-33)

LAST 10 White Sox: 7-3 Astros: 2-8 Pitching Match-ups vs. Wandy Rodriguez vs. Gavin Floyd vs. Jordan Lyles vs. Chris Sale vs. Lucas Harrell vs. Philip Humber White Sox Comic (maybe it'll help the offense)
  16. TheChicagoFan

Konerko Defying His Age

Paul Konerko and Father Time | FanGraphs Baseball Really interesting article about how Konerko has gotten better with time. Discuss.
  17. TheChicagoFan

White Sox Draft Thread

White Sox have 13th pick. Last time they had 13th pick, they picked Chris Sale and we all know how that worked out. I'll post some articles on the draft and some info about who the Sox might draft after lunch. :)
  18. TheChicagoFan

Self Promotion

Not sure if this is allowed, but who gives a fuck? :smug2: Check out my Sox blog: link And go :whitesox: Don't ban me for this. I just want some hits on my blog and maybe for you guys to share it around. I'm not that bad...:lol:
  19. TheChicagoFan

Chicago White Sox (31-23) vs. Seattle Mariners (24-32) Official IST

Sox have won 8 in a row. Peavy vs. King Felix Floyd vs. Hector Noesi Sale vs. Millwood Better preview than Dewey :smug2:
  20. TheChicagoFan

Official AL Central Race Thread

It's only the beginning of the year, but as the season goes on this race is going to be interesting. Indians, Sox, and Tigers all have a chance to win it. I'll try to post the standings at least once a week or after every important series.