Search results

1. gallagher

My gut feeling is this is a shitty draft class

I wonder how many people in this country are named Todd McShay...
  2. gallagher

How much would it take to let CW go?

You aren't engaging in circular logic. You are just engaging in a pleasant conversation by raising a question. Which, hey, I am being the turd in the punchbowl over a term of art. Everyone uses the term in this way and it just irritates me like none other every time. You do you boo. Has the...
  3. gallagher

Report: things could be all wright in a trade down scenario

Best (and maybe only?) CCS journalist. Now with karate chop action and stylish semi-formal glasses.
  4. gallagher

How much would it take to let CW go?

So I am genuinely an ass about certain terms of art - begging the question is not "raising a question." You beg a question when you build a premise assuming a conclusion without supporting that conclusion. Okay, with that banality out of my system - no, I think that after you trade Justin...
  5. gallagher

Hey now, Jordan Sigler blogs for CCS. I'm proud that he is working on his craft here, and hope that he finds success as a writer. He is pretty nice too. Ever reach out to him via message to follow up on some of his writing? Genuinely eager to improve his craft.
  6. gallagher

He has a hard drive filled to the brim with journalism coursework. He has probably spent more time in journalism class in the past week than you have in the past five years.
  7. gallagher

Will you be disappointed if the Bears trade back with a great prospect on the board?

Nah. I'm going to be in la la land hoping that our new QB proves to be a great one for us.
  8. gallagher

He has children?
  9. gallagher

Sure, I do not doubt that. It's the math that I have a problem with. Supposing you have a job and sleep the right amount, you have eight hours left in the day. Three games an hour, eight hours a day, seven days. Let's assume a few minutes here and there are available for other needs. That's a...
  10. gallagher

Are you unemployed, then?
  11. gallagher

If we are keeping score, let's also point out the amateur fans on this board that were optimistic about Wright before he was the draft pick. I don't recall many people on here that thought he was not a first round quality player, and you were on his side early.
  12. gallagher

Is Brock Bowers a generational blue chipper or just a tier one blue chipper?

End of the day, I am all for putting as many resources into the offense as possible. I don't expect him to take off and be the next big deal already as a rookie, but I want him to be in a situation where he can thrive and develop the habits that will take him (and this team) as far as his talent...
  13. gallagher

OT: Packers to play Eagles in Brazil in week 1

I went from "I hope he's a bust" to "GB is worse without him." Maybe he is a one year wonder, heck if I know. But yeah, I am quite unhappy with GB's excellent fortune with QBs.
  14. gallagher

Oh some people need to have chatter in the offseason about a meritless QB that has a better regular season resume than Terry Bradshaw. Same thing happened after Romo retired. That poster is just referencing that some people really reach for what counts for HOF
  15. gallagher

Yes, please read that together with my first statement - how does this prove that draft classes get worse over time? I could have spelled out the conclusion better - "the 80s are different than today's NFL; why bring up Dan Fouts?" EDIT - actually, on reread, I think that the interceptions...
  16. gallagher

Why does this prove your central point that drafts are getting worse over time? And, if you are comparing draft classes, why are you picking someone who went undrafted? Dan Marino and John Elway gave up the ball like hotcakes compared to today's top end QBs. At career's end, they were averaging...
  17. gallagher

Could you elaborate with eight sentences, with a line between each as though they were paragraphs?
  18. gallagher

I'll out myself, I would take him at 9 and send Nate Davis packing. But clamoring? That would be classic Danny hyperbole. Likely followed by juvenile insults, while at the same time complaining about other people insulting him.
  19. gallagher

Not only that, but I don't really think anyone was slobbered over in last year's draft. There were four prospects that received the bulk of attention - Stroud, Young, Anderson and Carter... and more time was spent nitpicking problems with them than anything.
  20. gallagher

Which 2021 First-Round QB Revives His Career?

Well, most first round QBs fail to perform up to expectations. If this were the most overrated class, it would be because there were so many drafted in the first round. But still, the NFL has a few guys that bloom late. Any of these guys will get another chance before they hand 'em up. Some...