Search results

1. Give Eberflus a two year extension NOW, keep Fields, AND draft a QB.

Keep Fields AND draft QB with #1. The cost is minimal and gives us a year or more to evaluate the best QB. GB drafted Rodgers while they had Farve, then drafted Love when they had Rodgers. This gives the Bears a chance to secure or keep a good QB and then trade the remaining QB when and if they...
  2. Harbaugh to Bears

Why would Harbaugh want to go to the Bears?
  3. Chase Daniel and Trey Wingo destroying narratives regarding Justin fields

How about this? Rogers was drafted when GB had Favre. Love was drafted when GB had Rogers. Why not draft Caleb and let him 'learn', ala Rogers and Love for a year or two? The salary cost for a rookie QB is minimal. Fields cost next year is minimal. We can then trade whomever we want after a year...
  4. "We all want Justin"

The next game against the Packers will go a long way in determining if we draft a new QB or trade down for even more choices. Fields has looked good against recent average to poor defenses.
  5. I Don't Envy Poles Position He finds Himself In..

I think the impact of getting new coaches will have a greater effect on Pole's future, than the selection of the next QB. Additionally, getting a new QB reduces the financial drain on keeping Fields. Finally, our additional draft picks will give us a chance to draft or trade for a center and...
  6. Did Fields pick up anything watching Bagent?

Fields still is slow to read a defense and doesn't have a quick release motion. That won't change this year or perhaps ever.
  7. Jim Harbaugh and Ron Rivera connection

Rivera 61, Harbaugh 59
  8. Brisker OUT

Hey, we've stopped the losing streak! What difference will it make if he plays or not?
  9. This defense Exposed Flus as DC Guru.

How about Marinelli?
  10. Its Time To Start Bagent..

I've watched plenty of replays where receivers are wide open and Fields holds the ball over 4 seconds before being sacked. Maybe it's not an acceptable O line, but open receivers and 4 seconds to throw showed me that Fields doesn't have it...for what ever reason. On the same field, I attended...
  11. What is the reason? Partial OT/Partial FTO

As bad as the team has been, I believe that the ownership still gets their millions each year. Why should they change? The 'do nothing' option is still very lucrative. They get more money than they could possibly need, so why change? For most folks, the lure of making even more money is a...
  12. Is Poles bad at non collegiate scouting?

They have to get a QB that can benefit from protection.
  13. Hub: Cole Kmet not convinced that Justin Fields is the answer

One sports writer talked about the key to being an NFL QB. He mentioned that accuracy was something that few QBs can develop...they either have it from their early careers in college, or they don't. He also mentioned that they needed to be decisive in a quick manner, since they have little time...
  14. Lightfoot wants to block Bears from the use of the name 'Chicago'

In order to add another NFL team, all the existing NFL owners must approve! Won't happen since the Bears wouldn't approve.
  15. PRESS CONFERENCE STARTS AT 10:30

A meaningless statistic. It has no correlation to anything good. It has no correlation to anything except for desparation.
  16. Can Fields be a top 10 passer

I haven't seen Justin do the things that a great QB does. He doesn't seem to hit receivers in stride, or lead them to their open side. He doesn't seem to 'thread the needle' with passes close to the ground or to the out of bounds line. He isn't calling the quick counts when the defense is in a...
  17. ***OFFICIAL*** IGT: Bears @ Lions (Countdown to the Beatdown in Motown: Battered & Brokendown Edition)

By NOT trading away 3 starters with no replacements. But we've got lots of CAP space now. Hah!
  18. ***OFFICIAL*** IGT: Bears @ Lions (Countdown to the Beatdown in Motown: Battered & Brokendown Edition)

As bad as the O is, the D is worse. BUT... we have all that CAP space, Hah!
  19. ***OFFICIAL*** IGT: Bears @ Lions (Countdown to the Beatdown in Motown: Battered & Brokendown Edition)

Looks like Detroit will be scoring 40-50 while Bears are less than 16.