Search results

1. Gunzaan

Wheaton breaks finger in practice

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/20332789/markus-wheaton-chicago-bears-breaks-pinkie-finger-training-camp
  2. Gunzaan

Best RBs in football - by year

http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/8190917/breaking-numbers-game-ground-pounders An interesting Grantland article. I'm surprised and slightly disturbed that Walter was only given 1 season, yet the writer considers him the second best of all time.
  3. Gunzaan

Frank Thomas And The Hall Of Fame

My dad was telling me that Frank Thomas is eligible for the Hall of Fame this year. Does anyone know when they vote on that? Will the Big Hurt get in on the first ballot? Will he get in at all? My opinion is that his career and stats compare with some of the best ever, so I think he will get...
  4. Gunzaan

Decent Article from Grantland

http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/9027070/the-incredible-chicago-blackhawks-rest-week-nhl A decent article from Grantland. I'm a big fan of the site, this article is "ok" but its good to see one one of the better sports sites!
  5. Gunzaan

Appreciation Thread: Aaron Rodgers

Yup, damn straight, I'm starting up this thread. If it gets deleted, then so be it but it is in the appropriate section! I expect to be trolled hard, but that is all it will be: trolls or envy. Jealousy runs rampant when you get two HoF QBs back to back. Montana to Young. Favre to Rodgers...
  6. Gunzaan

OT: Has your opinion about the Cubs changed?

Disclaimer: This thread is not meant to troll at all. I was having this discussion with a big Cubs fan the other day and thought I'd get some opinions from over here. Okay, so has your opinion about the Cubs changed in the past few years? Mine has. If I missed games, I'd look up the Sox...
  7. Gunzaan

OT: Have Any Of You Been To A Bulls Game At The UC (Compared To Hawks Game?)

I went to my first Bulls game since the Jordan era on Monday. WOW. What a complete difference. The game is slow, the crowd sucks (it was a full arena) and the jumbotron showed absolutely nothing of interest. I was floored at the difference. It just sucked ass. I felt like I was at a high...
  8. Gunzaan

Peavy's comments about the team (per Tribune)

It's an interesting read. Now, I won't pretend like Peavy was just bashing Ozzie, but his comments are none-the-less interesting. My problem with it is who the fuck does this guy think he is? He is an absolute scrub... where does he get off speaking about the ballclub like he is a leader...
  9. Gunzaan

Total Defensive Ranks

I'm curious. I watch these stupid and mindless ESPN shows and it constantly comes up that New England is the worst defense in the league and the Packers are the second worst. That said, the stats they use is yards per game. Why is yards per game the stat to determine the best/worst defense? It...
  10. Gunzaan

ESPN/Syracuse Scandal = Absolutely disgusting

ESPN is absolutely sick. I don't have a link, but I listened to a conversation on the radio about one of the Syracuse coaches' wife and one of his victims talking about what he went through, then heard it again on Sportscenter tonight. Tons of outrage... this dude molests 12 year old boys, his...
  11. Gunzaan

Verlander = MVP and Cy Young

Wow... first time since 1986 that has happened. Congrats to him, he fucking dominated this year.
  12. Gunzaan

White Sox Board is already slow, no need for a sub-forum

Seriously, title says it all. There is no need for a sub-forum.
  13. Gunzaan

Phil Jackson says Bulls overachieved last year

Phil Jackson said Chicago Bulls need to add pieces to help Derrick Rose - ESPN Chicago Decent read.
  14. Gunzaan

Batman: Arkham City

Reviews are starting to come in. The game comes out this Tuesday, October 18. I know that this is one of those 1-2 games a year that I will go to gamestop on Monday at midnight to pick up. Batman: Arkham City Review - PlayStation 3 Review at IGN 9.5/10 Batman: Arkham City review, Batman...
  15. Gunzaan

Hester wins NFC Special Teams Player of the Week

I don't think this was posted yet. I don't have a link, but I read about it and heard it on the radio earlier. It's the 10th time in his career that Hester was named NFC Special Teams Player of the Week. That is pretty fucking amazing. I believe there is a strong argument that outside of...
  16. Gunzaan

Article: Kane should be ready for Training Camp

Chicago Blackhawks: Patrick Kane a little ahead of schedule in recovery from wrist surgery - chicagotribune.com
  17. Gunzaan

Bears offer Forte $15 million guaranteed...

Chicago Bears offer Matt Forte $15M guaranteed, sources say - ESPN Chicago
  18. Gunzaan

Need help with a love song

Yes, a love song. Okay, here is the deal: Basically, I'm trying to win my ex back. I've gone through some problems and she wasn't talking to me for awhile. I'm slowly making progress with her and three weeks ago, I sent her a youtube of this song: <iframe width="425" height="349"...
  19. Gunzaan

Obama is a Packers shareholder & wants Rodgers on the Bears

Packers make their White House visit, Obama wants Rodgers on the Bears | ProFootballTalk I know it's all in fun, but I found it funny that Obama wants the Bears to have Rodgers instead of Cutler. And rip away if you want, it's just a fun article and doesn't mean much but a laugh :)
  20. Gunzaan

Boozer might play over seas..

Carlos Boozer of Chicago Bulls to play overseas if NBA lockout delays start of season - ESPN Chicago Do you even care? :smug2: