Search results

1. LCS predictions and discussion

Red Sox-Cardinals
  2. LOL At Jeff Samardzija.

I personally think he'll be traded at some point this offseason, but who knows :lol:
  3. Cubs at Pirates

It is done :woot:
  4. Brewers at Cubes IST

If Cubs lose, they are completely eliminated from playoffs. If Cubs win, they have to wait and see if the Reds win tonight to see if they are eliminated from playoffs. If Cubs win and Reds lose to the Dodgers tonight, the elimination watch will wait until Monday when they play each other...
  5. Cubs at Dodgers IST

Haven't done polls in a while, dawg.
  6. Ryne Sandberg to become new Phillies manager

It sounds from the presser comments that Charlie Manuel was indeed fired and that Ryno is only on as an "interim" manager, which means he gets a chance to land the permanent (until he's fired too) job next year.
  7. Ryne Sandberg to become new Phillies manager

Pretty much confirmed, just waiting on the press conference now.
  8. Ryne Sandberg to become new Phillies manager

Per everybody on Twitter that matters. Looks like Charlie Manuel is done (fired? resigned?) and Ryno gets the call. News as it happens. New conference at 1:30 Central.
  9. Replay expansion coming to MLB pending player/umpire approval

I think this is just the first proposal, they're obviously going to hammer it out as soon as the players and umps get on board too. Managers aren't too keen with the challenge system.
  10. Salami banned?

Forever. Don't be a douchebag. End.
  11. Replay expansion coming to MLB pending player/umpire approval

Good articles today on the replay system and how it will lead to an improvement (we hope) in MLB games going forward whenever the next iteration is implemented. http://bbp.cx/a/21540
  12. Reds @ Cubs IST August 12-14

A bit of a break before the Cardinals come into town for their revenge after this weekend's series defeat... :clap:
  13. Cubs @ Philly Cheese Steak IST

I could use a Philly cheesesteak right about now. With mushrooms and extra cheese. Mmm.
  14. Puig at Cubs IST

It's PUIG, man.
  15. Cubs at Giants IST

Next thread :hitler:
  16. Cubs at Giants IST

Won again :D
  17. Let's try this again: Best player not inducted to HoF yet?

I haven't read through yet. Did you guys talk about Kenny Lofton? He's not "great" per se but he had his moments. I don't recall if he fell off the ballot or was even eligible yet.
  18. All Wrigley Field renovation thread

Recap of today's festivities for those interested: http://www.dnainfo.com/chicago/20130723/chicago/wrigley-rehab-clears-final-hurdle-heads-for-city-council-vote