Search results

1. HawkWriter

The Cat

The goals are great but they are definitely coming because he has improved in other areas. Early on, he looked overmatched and his blueline turnovers were brutal. He has simplified things and gained that confidence. Glad to see it, depth scoring is something this team definitely missed last year.
  2. HawkWriter

Your 2017-2018 Chicago Blackhawks Season Thread

Have to believe that Debrincat's NHL leash is getting shorter and shorter. I think some AHL time would do him some good.
  3. HawkWriter

Your Chicago Blackhawks offseason thread

Blackhawks have traded Baun to Montreal for Andreas Martinsen https://www.nhl.com/canadiens/news/canadiens-acquire-kyle-baun/c-291574190
  4. HawkWriter

Franson signs for $1mil. Should be a good deal for both sides.
  5. HawkWriter

Hossa is on the roster because he will be there until the beginning of the regular season. Purely procedural at this point.
  6. HawkWriter

http://www.tsn.ca/report-leafs-among-teams-eyeing-d-butcher-1.830577 Blackhawks interested in Butcher
  7. HawkWriter

Line ideas: 2017-18

http://www.tsn.ca/blackhawks-d-campbell-joins-front-office-1.806454 Weird...it's like I knew or something...
  8. HawkWriter

Line Science

Yes...however he is playing against boys and not men. The step from Junior hockey to AHL is pretty damn big...not even talking about how big of a jump it is from the AHL to the NHL. Tons of players have put up ridiculous numbers at the Junior level just to see it never happen at the NHL level...
  9. HawkWriter

Line Science

As of right now, the Blackhawks have only offered Campbell a spot in the organization and not on the blueline. Also, what D advancements would a veteran be blocking at this point? If they can't play/beat out a veteran to be the #6 guy on a team, then might as well give them quality time in the...
  10. HawkWriter

Patrick Sharp is back!!!

12 forwards and 6 defensemen. Other than that, still plenty of time before lines take shape. Still could add some players through free agency, trades is a real possibility, and let's hope a player or two on ELC steps up in a big way.
  11. HawkWriter

Panarin traded to CBJ for Saad

Cap hit is 5.275m
  12. HawkWriter

Still have free agency, other potential trades, and prospects that could step up. Way too early to even think about lines for next season.
  13. HawkWriter

Duh...you judge him by his Youtube highlights. The only way to really know.
  14. HawkWriter

Hammer to Coyotes

Not a fan of this deal on the surface. I suppose it could be the Blackhawks simply acting before they lost Hjalmarsson in a couple years and getting some cost controlled players. Time will tell on this, but this isn't a deal that makes the Blackhawks better today.
  15. HawkWriter

Panarin traded to CBJ for Saad

I actually like this deal for the Blackhawks. Small part of this to some, but they get a solid back up goalie in the process which they needed (he is currently a RFA though, so they will have to address that). Also, Saad is signed for 2 more years, so they get some cost control with this. I...
  16. HawkWriter

TVR lost to Vegas in draft

How is it sounding like that? Also...Kruger.
  17. HawkWriter

TVR lost to Vegas in draft

A few reasons. Las Vegas basically told all teams that they made deals with that they would only go through with those deals if they didn't make a trade that shielded a player. Everyone expected a lot of trades to go down leading up to the expansion draft but almost none did. GMs said that...
  18. HawkWriter

Marian Hossa to LTIR

An interesting piece that has come out from this...the Blackhawks won't be able to put Hossa on LTIR until Day 2 of the regular season, according to LeBrun. Also, he points out that the NHL still has to okay it for this coming season and that putting a player on LTIR right off the bat means the...
  19. HawkWriter

Marian Hossa to LTIR

I've coached various levels in the past, from Squirts up to Midgets. One thing I/we would have the younger players do is watch a Blackhawks game and spotlight a player. Watch what that player does on the ice, away from the puck, on offense, defense, etc...and there was no better player for...
  20. HawkWriter

Marian Hossa to LTIR

Some pretty wild news here. To those that thinks this is "fishy"...I get it on the surface, but the protocol and everything that the Blackhawks will have to go through to prove the injury and that it simply isn't Hossa wanting to "retire", will be lengthy I am sure. I have no doubt that this...