??????OFFICIAL?????? Sunday Top of the Morning Cross the Pond Footie PUBBLOGTHREAD: Sunny Ol England Edition

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
M8s Sunday is nearly upon us so I reckon time is right to have a wee foodblogthread as we get ready for the Bears vs Raiders on the pitch this weekend.

I'm making some pub food for this affair and just throwing together some of my fave UK snacks for anyone feeling a bit peckish.

Cockles.

Don't ave any but I do have a bunch of mussels so I'll make them instead, in a little butter, garlic, white wine sauce

Welsh Rarebit.

Making some beer cheese with some cocktail bread for dippings

Bacon Sarnie.

Have some nice bacon I cured to be more ham-like and will cut it thick, bake it, throw it on some white bread with some HP BROWN SAUCE.

MANCHESTER EGG.

this is brilliant. Absolutely brilliant. Everyone has erd of a scotch egg with the hard or soft boiled egg covered in sausage, breaded and deep fried. This is kinda the same thing but it's a pickled egg (pickled my own two weeks ago with beets in pepperincini brine), in sausage, breaded and fried. Serving with a curried mustard sauce.

Maybe fish n chips later.

Pints

Bears

Blimey!

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
this is awesome.
I might get up and create a Irish breakfast for my family out of respect for our ancestral homeland and to spite England and her shit rule.
But for gameday, I think I am smoking a whole chicken. texas style baked beans and old bay(Maryland!!!) corn.

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Welsh Rarebit.

From a Catholic family but mom didn't like fish so we had a lot of Welsh Rarebit, I really liked it. But as a good Irishman I hate the fucking brits. Have you ever tried spotted dick?

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Jeepers.

That is some terrible food...no wonder everyone left England for literally everywhere else.

Okay...the Manchester Egg sounds dope, but the rest is absolute ****ing rubbish.

The wife has been not-so subtlety hinting I should attempt to make us fish & chips for years. I figured this game would be the perefect excuse.

Then she went on got us invited to this housewarming party on Sunday and there went that plan. My Game Day menu this week is out of my hands, but I am sure it will be better than whatever it is the OP calls that OP.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Jeepers.

That is some terrible food...no wonder everyone left England for literally everywhere else.

Okay...the Manchester Egg sounds dope, but the rest is absolute ****ing rubbish.

The wife has been not-so subtlety hinting I should attempt to make us fish & chips for years. I figured this game would be the perefect excuse.

Then she went on got us invited to this housewarming party on Sunday and there went that plan. My Game Day menu this week is out of my hands, but I am sure it will be better than whatever it is the OP calls that OP.
Cat has me tongue u really fink a bacon sandwich belongs in the dustbin?

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Jeepers.

Have you ever even tried Faggots? It seems short sighted to write off an entire cultures cuisine. I recommend Mr. Brane brand Faggots.

UxvVOs-2bVW6oKCqPCyDJCTlNDz3psK-DGO-ZHriAas.jpg

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Have you ever even tried Faggots? It seems short sighted to write off an entire cultures cuisine. I recommend Mr. Brane brand Faggots.

wut is a rich west country sauce

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Cat has me tongue u really fink a bacon sandwich belongs in the dustbin?

British bacon???

.....ehhhhhhhhhh...........

Whatever...if you want to shove things in your face hole that feature "brown sauce" then you do you mate, but don't forget......

The Defense rests, Your Magistrate.

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Something that goes perfectly with Pork Faggots.
Ok. I will stick to chili and cinna rolls here in Iowa and you can think that is weird even tho it is a perfectly good combo. I'll let you Illinois folk have the rich west country sauce paired with pork faggots.

Speed

Liked Posts:
Can’t wait until Mack sacks the absolute shithouse dossers

Rob219_CBMB

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Athena's in Greek town Chicago, we got a table reservation for 6 people at 430 pm, so I hope the game is over before 330/345pm or we're fucked, I'm going to have a double order of Octapodi, fucking delicious even tho it's char-broiled octopus, this stuff is better than chicken, I totally swear. They have Paidakia(lamb chops) there too and that is really good food also but actually pricey. I owe this to my lady and my aunt, I took a fucking stupid bet.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
You travel around the world or something don't you? just an honest question for an honest answer.
I've left our country but not enough. Definitely not enough travels yet in our homeland either.

Rob219_CBMB

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
From a Catholic family but mom didn't like fish so we had a lot of Welsh Rarebit, I really liked it. But as a good Irishman I hate the fucking brits. Have you ever tried spotted dick?
Not sure if I want to google that or even ever try to eat something called spotted dick, but i'll try everything a few times just not cannibalism. Spotted dick sounds like a disease waiting to happen.

Rob219_CBMB

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
I've left our country but not enough. Definitely not enough travels yet in our homeland either.
How is Wales? Did you ever go there? I never been to far out, but we're looking at Saint Tropez, Wales, Santorini and Serbia. somewhere to do a bit of everything but mostly fun, Party favors and some special nights with very opened people discreetly.

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Not sure if I want to google that or even ever try to eat something called spotted dick, but i'll try everything a few times just not cannibalism. Spotted dick sounds like a disease waiting to happen.

It depends, If it was initially created to become Spotted Dick, relax, everything is fine.

If it was initially created to be regular dick and has become spotted, avoid that. Just check the labeling, you'll be good.