??????OFFICIAL?????? Sunday Top of the Morning Cross the Pond Footie PUBBLOGTHREAD: Sunny Ol England Edition

Rob219_CBMB

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
It depends, If it was initially created to become Spotted Dick, relax, everything is fine.

If it was initially created to be regular dick and has become spotted, avoid that. Just check the labeling, you'll be good.
damn dick eaters, should leave those spotted dicks alone. Goat dick, kangaroos and donkey dick, people be actually eating dick, i bet ommypanties had plenty, no wonder he leaves his motto "Dick Licker" behind in posts. The case is cracked. Now we know.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
Have you ever even tried Faggots? It seems short sighted to write off an entire cultures cuisine. I recommend Mr. Brane brand Faggots.

UxvVOs-2bVW6oKCqPCyDJCTlNDz3psK-DGO-ZHriAas.jpg
Ommy's mouth must be watering right about now over a ******'s spotted dick.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
M8s Sunday is nearly upon us so I reckon time is right to have a wee foodblogthread as we get ready for the Bears vs Raiders on the pitch this weekend.

I'm making some pub food for this affair and just throwing together some of my fave UK snacks for anyone feeling a bit peckish.

Cockles.

Don't ave any but I do have a bunch of mussels so I'll make them instead, in a little butter, garlic, white wine sauce

Welsh Rarebit.

Making some beer cheese with some cocktail bread for dippings

Bacon Sarnie.

Have some nice bacon I cured to be more ham-like and will cut it thick, bake it, throw it on some white bread with some HP BROWN SAUCE.

MANCHESTER EGG.

this is brilliant. Absolutely brilliant. Everyone has erd of a scotch egg with the hard or soft boiled egg covered in sausage, breaded and deep fried. This is kinda the same thing but it's a pickled egg (pickled my own two weeks ago with beets in pepperincini brine), in sausage, breaded and fried. Serving with a curried mustard sauce.

Maybe fish n chips later.

Pints

Bears

Blimey!
I'd like to place an order British style.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
I don’t do fish n chips but maybe a shepherd pie or look up a famous Gordon Ramsay dish!

34_Bear

Liked Posts:
Sounds like some some skullduggary going there. Eat what now? I bought some spam today and will probably put that in the mix. Maybe some rawish eggs.

fx1718

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I stayed outside of London for 6 months during my mid 20s while I was building out a datacenter. I have no desire to re-live the food.

This week im doing a country football breakfast.

baked gouda cheese grit
grits, garlic, gouda, cheddar, chicken stock, butter, eggs, milk

Scratch biscuits (wife makes) with Apple Jam from the North GA Apple festival

applewood smoked bacon from Fresh Market cooked on cast iron skillet

bacon grease gravy
grease, milk, flour, salt, pepper

over easy cage free eggs

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
British bacon???

.....ehhhhhhhhhh...........

I'm fine with whatever people say about British food because I largely agree, but one of the few areas where it beats American food is bacon (and chocolate). American bacon sucks. It's just strands of fat with the occasional slither of flesh. British bacon is thick, meaty, and delicious, and a bacon roll with HP is prefect hangover grub.

Last edited:

fx1718

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm fine with whatever people say about British food because I largely agree, but one of the few areas where it beats American food is bacon (and chocolate). American bacon sucks. It's just stands of fat with the occasional slither of flesh. British bacon is think, meaty, and delicious, and a bacon roll with HP is prefect hangover grub.
Agreed on the bacon.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
How is Wales? Did you ever go there? I never been to far out, but we're looking at Saint Tropez, Wales, Santorini and Serbia. somewhere to do a bit of everything but mostly fun, Party favors and some special nights with very opened people discreetly.

There's nothing in Wales. If you go to the UK, Edinburgh and London are where it's at.

UK_STALEY

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm fine with whatever people say about British food because I largely agree, but one of the few areas where it beats American food is bacon (and chocolate). American bacon sucks. It's just stands of fat with the occasional slither of flesh. British bacon is thick, meaty, and delicious, and a bacon roll with HP is prefect hangover grub.
Fucking truth! Just finished a sausage, bacon and egg stottie after the rugby

UK_STALEY

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I stayed outside of London for 6 months during my mid 20s while I was building out a datacenter. I have no desire to re-live the food.

This week im doing a country football breakfast.

baked gouda cheese grit
grits, garlic, gouda, cheddar, chicken stock, butter, eggs, milk

Scratch biscuits (wife makes) with Apple Jam from the North GA Apple festival

applewood smoked bacon from Fresh Market cooked on cast iron skillet

bacon grease gravy
grease, milk, flour, salt, pepper

over easy cage free eggs
I get English food isn’t the best but coating it off then talking about grits is ridiculous!

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I feel dumb now for making fish and chips a few weeks ago. Totally should have saved that for tomorrow. Maybe I'll do something Indian. Brits eat a lot of Indian food don't they?

gallagher

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
I'll have some black tea with an American breakfast. I'm pretty sure that counts.

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
one of the few areas where it beats American food is bacon (and chocolate).

I have no experience with UK bacon, but I will take the word of this thread and stop talking smack. I do know you are so right about the chocolate. My one trip to London had me going to the shop for one of these twice a day because it was an excellent candy bar and that wrapper was killing me!
s-l400.jpg

Brits eat a lot of Indian food don't they?

There were a lot of Indians in London...so a lot of Indian resturaunts. Great quality too. The bulk of what I ate during my stay.

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
In honor of @UK_STALEY and this thread, I will be making STICKYWINGS.

StickyWings is far and away the best place wing joint in all of England.

Wings and Chips it is!!!!

UK_STALEY

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I feel dumb now for making fish and chips a few weeks ago. Totally should have saved that for tomorrow. Maybe I'll do something Indian. Brits eat a lot of Indian food don't they?
Maybe try a pimped up version of toad in the hole?

UK_STALEY

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
In honor of @UK_STALEY and this thread, I will be making STICKYWINGS.

StickyWings is far and away the best place wing joint in all of England.

Wings and Chips it is!!!!
No you won’t!! Due to Ramadan StickyWings is closed and so shall you