???Official??? SUnday Football FOODBLOGTHREAD: Minny vs. Bears Edition

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Good afternoon and Happiest of Fridays to you all.

In this week's edition of the FBT we are doing a deep dive into the football food of the Minnesotan Vikings fans.

How deeply did I dive in prepping for this? I got a lutefisk recipe I will not be preparing for my guests.

Instead, I will be doing a special version of the "JUICY LUCY" which will NOT be a burger stuffed with cheese, because juicy lucys are "just okay" IMO and pretty "meh"

I mean, everyone has made stuffed burgers and they can be pretty great, but the minny stuffed burger is just a cheeseburger with hidden cheese. There's really no upgrade besides the cheese surprise which isn't a surprise at all when you have to explain what a jucy lucy is after you tell people that you are making juicy lucys.

So to actually make a great fake juicy lucy I'm going to make burgers with TWO patties, do the
SMASHBURGER technique for that amazing Maillard effect giving each patty a cripsy crust, and then "hide the cheese" (AMERICAN) in the middle of the two patties. To ensure it's hidden I'm going to make bigger beef balls so that the smashed patty ends up being much bigger in circumference than the cheese slice.

Classic toppings will be included: lettuce, pickle, thin onion slices, and homegrown amazing heirloom tomatoes (lightly salted and rested to pull out moisture and season - the last time I did this my kids asked what kind of ketchup was on their burgers because they thought it tasted amazing)

As a side dish: Tater Tot Hot Dish - basically a cheesy tot casserole with ground beef and chili peps, topped with pepperjack and brown gravy. Never heard of it but sounds like a mess.

Beers.

Bears.

Thanks.

hebs

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Last weekend was the first time making "smashburgers" for me... We took a 36" blackstone with us camping and cooked like gods all weekend long. (4day) Let's just say we could hear people around the campground grumbling and discussing their meal choices every time we fired that thing up and started cooking. lol

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:

In this week's edition of the FBT we are doing a deep dive into the football food of the Minnesotan Vikings fans.

How deeply did I dive in prepping for this? I got a lutefisk recipe I will not be preparing for my guests.

Instead, I will be doing a special version of the "JUICY LUCY" which will NOT be a burger stuffed with cheese, because juicy lucys are "just okay" IMO and pretty "meh"

I mean, everyone has made stuffed burgers and they can be pretty great, but the minny stuffed burger is just a cheeseburger with hidden cheese. There's really no upgrade besides the cheese surprise which isn't a surprise at all when you have to explain what a jucy lucy is after you tell people that you are making juicy lucys.

So to actually make a great fake juicy lucy I'm going to make burgers with TWO patties, do the
SMASHBURGER technique for that amazing Maillard effect giving each patty a cripsy crust, and then "hide the cheese" (AMERICAN) in the middle of the two patties. To ensure it's hidden I'm going to make bigger beef balls so that the smashed patty ends up being much bigger in circumference than the cheese slice.

Classic toppings will be included: lettuce, pickle, thin onion slices, and homegrown amazing heirloom tomatoes (lightly salted and rested to pull out moisture and season - the last time I did this my kids asked what kind of ketchup was on their burgers because they thought it tasted amazing)

As a side dish: Tater Tot Hot Dish - basically a cheesy tot casserole with ground beef and chili peps, topped with pepperjack and brown gravy. Never heard of it but sounds like a mess.

Beers.

Bears.

Thanks.

LINKS NOT WORKING

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I hate the word "hotdish". It's a casserole to the rest of the world, you purple pricks.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Throwing those onion slices on the gril pan for a few seconds when you add the cheese is my only suggestion. Was awesome on Monday.

Cool Imma do THAT and hide the onion with the cheese in betweenst the two crispy patties.

Also the hot dish, I'm leaving out the ground beef and instead going to grind up some homemade bacon after rendering it a bit.

DaaBears

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Beers.

Bears.

Thanks.

Sounds delicious, and should ensure a win if Hicks gets the proper medications.

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
Throwing those onion slices on the gril pan for a few seconds when you add the cheese is my only suggestion. Was awesome on Monday.

Not purchasing this suggestion. Imagine trusting a Canadian for BURGTIPS when they put cheese curds and gravy on their own BURGS.

BearDownTexas

Liked Posts:
And what kind of beers will you be pairing with this classy burger?