Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
Its sad when Josh Gordon is more stable than AB.
Gordons case is really touching to me though. I read a SI article or it might have been some other publication but he is such a troubled soul. He never beat a chick or a child. It's all self inflicted. I pull for Josh Gordon. I hope he remains drug and alcohol free.

Sculpt

Liked Posts:
Patriots must have seen some convincing and damning stuff to reverse course like this, eh?

Xuder O'Clam

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
9 million for 11 days work... not to shabby.

Not so fast.

"With his one-year deal, which included a $20 million option for 2020, Brown was due to receive a $9 million signing bonus, but he appears unlikely to see any of it. Per Andrew Brandt of TheMMQB, $5 million of that guaranteed money was due on or before Sept. 23, 2019 and $4 million was due on or before Jan 1, 2020. Per CBS Sports NFL insider Jason La Canfora, Brown could end up earning no more than two weeks of prorated money off his $1 million base salary, pending a potential grievance by the NFLPA. "

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
NFL contract fuckery never ceases to amaze.

CRM 114

Premium Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
9 million for 11 days work... not to shabby.
Not so fast.

"With his one-year deal, which included a $20 million option for 2020, Brown was due to receive a $9 million signing bonus, but he appears unlikely to see any of it. Per Andrew Brandt of TheMMQB, $5 million of that guaranteed money was due on or before Sept. 23, 2019 and $4 million was due on or before Jan 1, 2020. Per CBS Sports NFL insider Jason La Canfora, Brown could end up earning no more than two weeks of prorated money off his $1 million base salary, pending a potential grievance by the NFLPA. "

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Not so fast.

Pats will try to withhold as much of it as they can but I suspect Brown still ends up with some of the bonus unless the league steps in. Pats case for forfeiture is somewhat weak. Not sure you can back out of guarantees by saying we fucked up our due diligence.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Raping a woman would literally be "fuckery" Signing a potential rapist to a incentive laden, risk free, prove it deal is simply smart business. But what do I know?

Not really risk free though as obviously he was cut. Also SB is hard to recover.

The signing bonus is trickier, since NFL contract language that voids guaranteed salary doesn't automatically find a player in default of his signing bonus. Technically, the Patriots haven't paid any of it yet. The first $5 million was due this coming Monday, Sept. 23, and the remaining $4 million was deferred until Jan. 15, 2020.

New England likely won't want to pay any of that signing bonus, and a league source said the team's way out of it is a representation warranty clause that says it's a breach of contract if Brown didn't disclose an existing situation that would have prevented his continued availability (i.e., if he knew about Taylor's pending lawsuit and didn't tell the team before he signed with them). Another source said the NFL Players Association (NFLPA) considers a signing bonus "money earned," regardless of the payment schedule, so any attempt by the Patriots to avoid paying the signing bonus money likely would result in a grievance by Brown and the union.

Payment schedule is irrelevant, it is a SB and Brown signed. Unless he knew about lawsuit before signing and didnt tell Pats, likely difficult for them to withhold the 9 million from him.

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
I usually give players the benefit of the doubt with sexual allegations against them by women just because most of these millionaires can get any chick they want. Obviously, investigations always need to play out. I just hate cutting players over he said she said until facts come out.

That all said, Brown though rubs me the wrong way as the type of guy to rape an amish 15 year old just because he is Antonio Brown. He is that big of an asshole.

Rabbit

Liked Posts:
Big Ben was sad he ruined a friendship. Ben allegedly assaults women too?!?! Who knew they had so much in common.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
alleged sexual assault must be a steelers way of life i guess. Thing is, AB is already on the Streets, Ben is the face of a franchise. melanin matters?
Some girls get paid after they get raped, some get paid less?