1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
Pathetic first period.

Fred Garvin

Liked Posts:
Well...One step forward two steps back. Story of the Hawks. These were two KEY games...must wins. Now it's all just playing out the season.....AGAIN.

Fred Garvin

Liked Posts:
Now time for the postgame show....and count how many times Pat Boyle says "on this night".

Fred Garvin

Liked Posts:
My gawd Boqvist on that second goal? Geez. Then on the 1st empty netter he tumbles clownishly into the net. Oh well....too many problems to mention. "It's unfortunate to come up short" says Toews. These mind numbing hockey cliches after losses is just so lame.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
It's pretty funny actually. These guys all think they are Gretzky....gotta make that pretty pass. Nobody wants to shoot the puck and the few that do can't hit the net to save their lives. They run odd man breaks like high school kids. But I shouldn't be complaining.....their ineptness is getting the desired results. No way can they allow Bowman to be a buyer at the dealine and every loss counts in insuring that.

RacerX

Silicon Valley CA Bears H
Liked Posts:
I’m becoming a bit doubtful that Boqvist is a future top pair D in the NHL, let alone a difference maker. Projects to my amateur eye as a 3-4.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Kubalik is a keeper

sure...call it on a 4 game point streak! haha. Called it with Swiss highlights! He is quick, active and has a full arsenal. His price goes up everyday but the Hawks don't get ahead of these things.
I’m becoming a bit doubtful that Boqvist is a future top pair D in the NHL, let alone a difference maker. Projects to my amateur eye as a 3-4.

Well he is small and fairly unathletic...so I agree he will never be a Keith/Hedman/Charra. He will never have the body to get the ice times to go point for point with Burns.

But he does have golden hands, creativity, and a flashy stick. He should be given every power play minute he can muster, and he should be used in all situations as much as possible when we need a goal.

I have considered he might be a better wing player his offense is more advanced that 2/3's of our fwds. His defensive background might give us a fwd willing to wrestle on the boards once in a while.

The biggest issue right now is that he and Gus are redundant and should be in the same role of minimal defense, maximum offense. Time for the Hawks to start selling. Gus should be first. Move Boqvist into the 6th man, offensive leverage position.

At least Dach is actually developing now. He looks good, but like Boqvist is being asked to do too much and we should take load off them both. They are too young and green to be asking them to carry us like this. Its stupid and counter productive.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
the interesting or head scratching part is Bovquist is the top PP line over Gus, and the real only reason to keep gus here (and drive his price up) is by keeping him with Kane getting points on the PP.

It seems like there is as much conversation between ice coach and general manager as there was with Q and Stan. At least have some train of thought about who we are playing and what message is being sent.

Big game against Nashville and Gilbert sits and Jewels is back in. Everyone knows the first game back from along injury is not really going to be a good game, let alone the first 3 or 5.

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
That was pathetic. Well, fun little 4-5 game run while it lasted. Back to tanking!

DaHawkz24

Liked Posts:
sure...call it on a 4 game point streak! haha. Called it with Swiss highlights! He is quick, active and has a full arsenal. His price goes up everyday but the Hawks don't get ahead of these things.

I was saying he was looking comparable to Saad even when he was missing the net earlier in the year!

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
the interesting or head scratching part is Bovquist is the top PP line over Gus, and the real only reason to keep gus here (and drive his price up) is by keeping him with Kane getting points on the PP.

It seems like there is as much conversation between ice coach and general manager as there was with Q and Stan. At least have some train of thought about who we are playing and what message is being sent.

Big game against Nashville and Gilbert sits and Jewels is back in. Everyone knows the first game back from along injury is not really going to be a good game, let alone the first 3 or 5.
great post and central to our organizational problems.

As for Gilbert I think Nylander hurt him with a wayward shot in practice and they decided to rest his ankle.

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
great post and central to our organizational problems.

As for Gilbert I think Nylander hurt him with a wayward shot in practice and they decided to rest his ankle.

Hadn't heard that yet.
So Nylander not only screws up in games, but practice too? That trade still pisses me off. Meanwhile the Joker is doing great.

puterwiz53

Liked Posts:
We can ridicule the players all we want but until the clowns running the show are gone, this team is going nowhere.