11/13 IGT: Blackhawks at Knights (Sin City edition)

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
Chicago Blackhawks 6-7-4 (16 points) AT Vegas Golden Knights 9-7-3 (21 points)
Date: 11/13
Time: 9 p.m. CDT

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Idk what to make of that 4th line.... just like... opportunistic scoring chances?

Trying to put Dach/Nylander against lesser competition?

Granada

Liked Posts:
Idk what to make of that 4th line.... just like... opportunistic scoring chances?

Trying to put Dach/Nylander against lesser competition?

Probably. Dach was on the 4th line last game (if I remember right; so damn hard to keep track of these lines) where he scored a goal last game -- you'd think maybe he'd be rewarded by Colliton by moving him up a line, but maybe Colliton likes matching him against opposing 4th lines (for now). In Nylander's case, it's a clear message to him: we had you on the first line last game, and you blew it.

Late last season, Caggiula had some success with Toews, so Colliton is trying to recreate that magic. Caggiula hasn't shown me much this year, and that revolving door on the Toews line continues to revolve. This is why I was so pissed at Bowman for not addressing that hole adequately -- Shaw is not an adequate replacement and neither is Nylander. We don't have an adequate top-six option; instead we have Shaw (and Lehner).

Smith, I really don't see what this guy brings to the table; I know what he's supposed to bring, but he isn't very good. He reminds me of John Scott in a way: a big guy who is too slow to really hit people and who no one (other than heavyweight enforcers) really drops the gloves with. That was another really stupid trade from Bowman; should have just kept AA and put in the bottom six, as the savings are negligible and the term is just as long.

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Any word on the D pairings? I'm hoping Kookoo sits again.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Nah, I meant KoekKoeh- ka-choo.

I can't be bothered to learn how to spell his name... when @Bigfoot and I chat during games and I need to say something about him, I just start with Koek- and then mash in some combo of ks, os, and es lol

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
I can't be bothered to learn how to spell his name... when @Bigfoot and I chat during games and I need to say something about him, I just start with Koek- and then mash in some combo of ks, os, and es lol
Sonny-the-Cuckoo-Bird.jpg

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Call me a cynical bastage (or a fargin' icehole), but I think we just can't win against Vegas. I think we end up losing.

I hope I'm wrong.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
Call me a cynical bastage (or a fargin' icehole), but I think we just can't win against Vegas. I think we end up losing.

I hope I'm wrong.
Not cynical, but I'll call you and say o/u SOG 60... what you got. If we can hold them to around 30 I think we can win. Another 50 and we lose by 40.

Rinkrat21

Liked Posts:
Tell ya what, i've watched every Knights game out here in Vegas, and so far this season their defense has been crap. Fleury has been stealing points for them the same way Lehner has been for the Hawks.

This has all the makings of a 6-4, 7-5 type of game. Flip a coin as to who the winner will be.

But if you're a gambling man like myself, i'd take the over in this one.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Not cynical, but I'll call you and say o/u SOG 60... what you got. If we can hold them to around 30 I think we can win. Another 50 and we lose by 40.
Tell ya what, i've watched every Knights game out here in Vegas, and so far this season their defense has been crap. Fleury has been stealing points for them the same way Lehner has been for the Hawks.

This has all the makings of a 6-4, 7-5 type of game. Flip a coin as to who the winner will be.

I hear you and agree on some principles, but if the game is Fleury or Suppan has a strong chance influence the o/u result.

Didn't we chase Fleury last time we saw him or am I dreaming? I know Crow got chased/injured and came back in one. Whatever...our offense is as shitty as their defense. This game could also stalemate and I don't see a total advantage either way. Netminders will be solid...I think Suppan has a high glove weakness but he is also a strong quick twitch athlete who can give the Hawks problems if they are going to pad shuffle and try to beat him with cross ice passes.

I've seen him miss high velocity high glove side he should have had, but he is a bit different goalie and with the Vegas work ethic you might be looking at 10 shots or less/period for the Hawks.

If its Fleury I'd say the under,

but I'd not bet it because Kane is heating up.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:

I will be happy if the hawks get 2 past Fleurry

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
Win tonight and we might be on to something here...

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

I haven't seen anything close to the puck stability, defense, team speed, or scoring chance creation to compete with the playoff teams. I doubt we can fix those 4 issues while still overcoming being a pack of hockey nerd pussies.

Win tonight and we might buy JC a few more weeks to bullshit us.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:

Did you see that article, that JC has changed the system to allow the hawks to play offensively (not offensive defense) like they did under Q. Activating D, more carrying into the zone than dump and chase that was not working.

So he is being credited for making the decision to let the team play like they want to, not like he wants them to, and may save his job because he is coaching less?