11/23 IGT: Blackhawks at Stars (Howdy Cowboy edition)

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
Start a new GDT for the next game, let this one ride, or just edit the title. Time to vote is now.

Granada

Liked Posts:
I wonder if they give Lehner another shot against them tomorrow.

That is a fantastic question. Do you go back to Lehner after he played spectacularly the last game, or do you throw Dallas a bit of a curve ball and throw in Crawford? I honestly don't know the answer. I would lean toward going with Lehner again, but I wouldn't be surprised either way.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
That is a fantastic question. Do you go back to Lehner after he played spectacularly the last game, or do you throw Dallas a bit of a curve ball and throw in Crawford? I honestly don't know the answer. I would lean toward going with Lehner again, but I wouldn't be surprised either way.
Initially I was going to say throw the curve and get Crow out there because the last thing you want is to have Lehner out there after the other team just got familiar with him for a whole game, but then I think... in the playoffs they ride the hot hand and only switch it up in emergency so how good can familiarity really be? So in summation... I have no fucking clue either.

WesIsaLeo

Liked Posts:
Lehner needs to change his attitude pronto about SO’s.

They ain’t going anywhere. He’ll be involved in a lot more this year I’m sure. So he gets pulled after allowing 2 goals on 64 shots and Crawford comes in and does no better in the SO then Lehner did vs. Dallas.

Which pins the loss on Crawford. Yeah I’m sure he’d love that. To hades w/ these retched shootouts. ?

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Lehner needs to change his attitude pronto about SO’s.

They ain’t going anywhere. He’ll be involved in a lot more this year I’m sure. So he gets pulled after allowing 2 goals on 64 shots and Crawford comes in and does no better in the SO then Lehner did vs. Dallas.

Which pins the loss on Crawford. Yeah I’m sure he’d love that. To hades w/ these retched shootouts. ?

A novel idea at first but it has proven to be boring and tiresome.....a horseshit way to win or lose a game.
They should have put an end to them a long time ago.....a bonus is that it cheapened the Penalty Shot.
Nice job, NHL.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
Highmore back up for todays game, dont know if there was an injury or they are putting more heat on Kubalik or giving JC a reason to bench him.

Granada

Liked Posts:
Highmore back up for todays game, dont know if there was an injury or they are putting more heat on Kubalik or giving JC a reason to bench him.

Injury. Caggiula is in concussion protocol.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
Pat brought this up to eddie and he said, no, just no.

Granada

Liked Posts:
Pat brought this up to eddie and he said, no, just no.

No, just no :) you're thinking of when Pat brought up replacing Lehner with Crawford in the shootout. I was talking about whether or not Crawford should start next game.

DaHawkz24

Liked Posts:

I don't know why Kubalik needs to be benched or have heat put on him. He is playing just as well as Saad. They are creating chances, but having a hard time finishing.

I actually like Lehners idea of extending 3 v 3 OT. By the time they scrape the ice and start the shootout someone would score in the 3 v 3 OT

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
Not sure what you mean here -- Caggiula wasn't place on IR until this past Saturday, so they called up Highmore on Monday.

I meant the concussion happened 6 games ago, so to just finally bring up his replacement does not seem the reason is just because we do not have Jewels now. You would think we were short a forward for 6 games already.

Granada

Liked Posts:
I meant the concussion happened 6 games ago, so to just finally bring up his replacement does not seem the reason is just because we do not have Jewels now. You would think we were short a forward for 6 games already.

Alright but again, Caggiula was just put on IR -- he wasn't put on IR until this past Saturday, even though he missed those initial games. Once he was put on IR, they called up Highmore.

I suppose they could be trying to showcase him, but I don't think it's a coincidence that he was called up right after Caggiula was put on IR. Pretty sure Boqvist was on the roster in those initial games before Cagg's was put on IR and Colliton rolled with 7 D against Tampa to get Koko in against his old team.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
Alright but again, Caggiula was just put on IR -- he wasn't put on IR until this past Saturday, even though he missed those initial games. Once he was put on IR, they called up Highmore.

I suppose they could be trying to showcase him, but I don't think it's a coincidence that he was called up right after Caggiula was put on IR. Pretty sure Boqvist was on the roster in those initial games before Cagg's was put on IR and Colliton rolled with 7 D against Tampa to get Koko in against his old team.

I dont want to get in a pissing contest over it. ITs just Highmore. But Gilbert was sent packing, Bovquist sent down when Murph got activated, Zach Smith got all of Jewels minutes until Kubalik was benched for Kukoo. They had been running with only one extra guy, they are allowed 23 right? They must have known Jewels was not going to be playing. Maybe Stans were on vacation. We had been going with 21 healthy, Highmore makes it 22. I am just saying that it will probably be Kubalik since it seems like JC does not seem to like his game. I was hoping that Zach Smith was getting showcased.

Granada

Liked Posts:
I dont want to get in a pissing contest over it. ITs just Highmore. But Gilbert was sent packing, Bovquist sent down when Murph got activated, Zach Smith got all of Jewels minutes until Kubalik was benched for Kukoo. They had been running with only one extra guy, they are allowed 23 right? They must have known Jewels was not going to be playing. Maybe Stans were on vacation. We had been going with 21 healthy, Highmore makes it 22. I am just saying that it will probably be Kubalik since it seems like JC does not seem to like his game. I was hoping that Zach Smith was getting showcased.

I'd be fine if that were the case, but no one in their right mind will want Zack Smith, so I doubt he's the one getting showcased. He's got 2 years left at like 3.25 million (if I'm not mistaken). You only usually showcase young guys with promise.

You're allowed 23, but depending on your cap number, some teams elect to have 22. You can't go over the cap, obviously. The cap this year is 81.5 -- the Hawks are at 80.8. Caggiula makes 1.5 and Highmore makes around 800,000 (rounding up). Point being, the Hawks would be over the cap if Cagg's wasn't sent down and they brought up Highmore. That's how I understand it anyway.

The fact we have one of, if not the highest paid goalie tandem in the league, the Hawks will probably roll with a 22 man roster the entire year.