11/23 IGT: Blackhawks at Stars (Howdy Cowboy edition)

Bigfoot

CCS Enforcer
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Anytime you goofs want to actually play defence would be nice

Bigfoot

CCS Enforcer
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
There ya go Maataa

Bigfoot

CCS Enforcer
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
SHOOT THE FUCKING PUCK

Bigfoot

CCS Enforcer
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Next candidates for press box Saad, Cat

Bigfoot

CCS Enforcer
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I cant recall a team ever struggle as much as the Hawks when clearing the puck from their zone

Bigfoot

CCS Enforcer
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
OT

Bigfoot

CCS Enforcer
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
What a stupid fucking penalty to take.

Bigfoot

CCS Enforcer
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
JC is the equivalent to Nagy

WesIsaLeo

Liked Posts:
Definitely not Kane's night. What was that...10 SOG's and a breakaway w/o a tally?

Lehner plays stalwart in net again and gets nothing for it. Why do so many go for razzle-dazzle stuff in the SO...Dallas swoops in and rifles two shots right under Lehner. Chicago tries for the circus-act scores...gets peanuts.

Foresterfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I am concerned that we are now seeing Tazer in decline. We are past the quarter point of the season and he is now on track for about a 14 goal season (by far his lowest), about 28 assists (also a career low), and his shot percentage (goals as a percentage of shots on goal) is well below his career low too. With all of his PP time, he also has just one PP goal and zero assists.

I know he has a lot of hockey mileage, but I didn’t expect this much drop off again after a good bounce back season in 2018-19. For the team to be successful Tazer needs to produce and so far we’ve seen little.

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
They have to get Nylander off the first line. Or better yet, off the team.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Not really one individual. Right now, they're kind of getting a break. Bulls are far worse, the Bears stepped off the ledge.....Hawks are the best of a sorry lot. But they still are not very good as a team and is badly in need of a rebuild. Unfortunately, awful contracts are putting that on hold.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
Toews had a great game. That was just a fun game to watch. My God that goalie was standing on his head and my God does Lehnar suck in shootouts.
Still glad to get a point against the hottest team in the league, worried about tuesday with all this tired leg talk about them playing monday, but that was a great hockey game. Playoff caliber, which we have been cheated from for too long.

As far as Nylander, yeah, its time to let Shaw or Saad back with Toews and just leave them a while. Better yet, find out what is in Harry Potters crack about Kubalik and let him try that first line. All the man does is chase pucks, back check, and shoot when its on his stick. He is the closest thing we have had to Hossa in a long time. Let him develop to get there.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Toews had a great game. That was just a fun game to watch. My God that goalie was standing on his head and my God does Lehnar suck in shootouts.
Still glad to get a point against the hottest team in the league, worried about tuesday with all this tired leg talk about them playing monday, but that was a great hockey game. Playoff caliber, which we have been cheated from for too long.

As far as Nylander, yeah, its time to let Shaw or Saad back with Toews and just leave them a while. Better yet, find out what is in Harry Potters crack about Kubalik and let him try that first line. All the man does is chase pucks, back check, and shoot when its on his stick. He is the closest thing we have had to Hossa in a long time. Let him develop to get there.
I think the stats say Ben Bishop is the best in the game right now over last year or so. He is so damn big...

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I don't believe he is strong enough to be consistent on those higher minute totals.

I think he needs to go to the third but those guys aren't good enough to carry his weaknesses.

Its an experiment that has cost as games and worse...team buy in. Lot of guys confused over his special treatment.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
Fart City for this team. Halfway to queeftown.

Granada

Liked Posts:

Agree -- by far the best game of the year, regardless of the outcome. Toews was great and I also liked Shaw's game. It was nice to see the Hawks play playoff-caliber hockey when they need to; it actually gave me a little bit more hope for this season. I view next game as a must-win though; the Hawks have to take advantage of the Stars on the back-end of a back-to-back and playing their 3rd game in 4 nights, at the UC no less.

The Hawks overall played fantastic, but Khudobin was simply a maniac. He won the Stars that game, bar none.

Gotta disagree though that Kubalik is the closest thing we have to Hossa. Let's slow our roll there.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Agree -- by far the best game of the year, regardless of the outcome. Toews was great and I also liked Shaw's game. It was nice to see the Hawks play playoff-caliber hockey when they need to; it actually gave me a little bit more hope for this season. I view next game as a must-win though; the Hawks have to take advantage of the Stars on the back-end of a back-to-back and playing their 3rd game in 4 nights, at the UC no less.

The Hawks overall played fantastic, but Khudobin was simply a maniac. He won the Stars that game, bar none.

Gotta disagree though that Kubalik is the closest thing we have to Hossa. Let's slow our roll there.
I'm glad I missed that evening, I would have bet Hawks if I knew Bishop was out

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

I wonder if they give Lehner another shot against them tomorrow.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
I wonder if they give Lehner another shot against them tomorrow.
I doubt it, they will alternate games, its a back to back for Dallas so they probably are using their other goalie tonite.