12/31 - Blackhawks at Flames IGT (Last game of 2019)

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
Oh goodness.

WesIsaLeo

Liked Posts:
Hacks me off to no end to see lolly-gagging stupid stuff like that. Lehner should have about 5-6 shutouts easily by now but instead he has a sparkling save % and a head-shaking goals-against average.

Calgary kept pounding away all night despite falling behind early and emphatically...NO response. Bennett would have eaten my fist after that 2nd check what the heck Chicago? Turn over a nasty leaf in 2020 ?

WesIsaLeo

Liked Posts:
Colliton had better kick some ass after this game no matter what. This is inexcusable.

Terrible 2nd PD and a lackluster tentative display in this PD has made this a nail-biter. We are going to lose Lehner because of garbage inconsistencies like tonight ?

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Kaner!

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Bam. A win to close out 2019

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I mean it's nice to see them score some goals, win a few games but please....don't for a second think this team can go anywhere. Another 40+ shots allowed tonight....Have some fun, score a few goals but please don't give Bowman any ideas about being a buyer at the deadline. The only thing we want him buying is expiring contracts.

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I mean it's nice to see them score some goals, win a few games but please....don't for a second think this team can go anywhere. Another 40+ shots allowed tonight....Have some fun, score a few goals but please don't give Bowman any ideas about being a buyer at the deadline. The only thing we want him buying is expiring contracts.
Or a ticket out of town.

hawkinmontreal

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Oakland Athletics
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Duke Blue Devils
The good, Hawks win again, the bad, another shg allowed, another third period letdown that almost cost them the W.
where is this team going, they are 4 points out of a wildcard spot but will they now lose 4 in a row or have they got there shit together. All these wins are just buying Staniel more time, I want to see Kane and Keith in the playoffs again, but I want Stan gone for the betterment of the team moving forward.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
Colliton had better kick some ass after this game no matter what. This is inexcusable.

Terrible 2nd PD and a lackluster tentative display in this PD has made this a nail-biter. We are going to lose Lehner because of garbage inconsistencies like tonight ?

Can we really afford to keep him? They are paying Corey 6 and Lenhar 5, Bobrowski just got 10 million per. They think Crow will ask to be traded, but he is in the best place he can be right now, backup, little work, stay healthy and seems ok with it.

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The good, Hawks win again, the bad, another shg allowed, another third period letdown that almost cost them the W.
where is this team going, they are 4 points out of a wildcard spot but will they now lose 4 in a row or have they got there shit together. All these wins are just buying Staniel more time, I want to see Kane and Keith in the playoffs again, but I want Stan gone for the betterment of the team moving forward.
False hope is one thing, but what grinds Rockwells gears enough to make a change, no playoffs? Would the Grinch fire SB without orders from the son of Dollar Bill, and would it even matter. Isn't the Grinch the type to hire a pawn as a new GM, Grinch has to go and does Rocky see that...

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
False hope is one thing, but what grinds Rockwells gears enough to make a change, no playoffs? Would the Grinch fire SB without orders from the son of Dollar Bill, and would it even matter. Isn't the Grinch the type to hire a pawn as a new GM, Grinch has to go and does Rocky see that...

Since Mac knows zero about hockey, it wouldn't make sense to bring in a pawn. He's a marketing guy, not a Micheal McCaskey type. I'm guessing the only reason Scotty is here is because he wasn't sure Stan knew shit about hockey either.
Turns out....he was right.

Right now, it appears the only GM who knows what he's doing in this town is Hahn....and he hasn't won shit...yet.

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Since Mac knows zero about hockey, it wouldn't make sense to bring in a pawn. He's a marketing guy, not a Micheal McCaskey type. I'm guessing the only reason Scotty is here is because he wasn't sure Stan knew shit about hockey either.
Turns out....he was right.

Right now, it appears the only GM who knows what he's doing in this town is Hahn....and he hasn't won shit...yet.

McSplash knew nothing about baseball either and is why the Cubs were shit when he was president, Alfonso Soriano's massive long term deal for one was on him. As was the Dale Tallon firing, Tallon or Stan which one is a pawn? Which one is actually a GM and which one is an accountant/pawn. This will be Stan's last ever GM position.

The bloated Cristobal Huet signing was on him, he was anxious to show NHL free agents that Chicago was now a destination for them.

Granada

Liked Posts:
The way they looked for 55 minutes in this game, they looked like an actual NHL team -- I was shocked. Then one bad play (Keith turnover), and this fragile team folds like a cheap suit and has to bailed out (yet again) by Kane and Lehner. I get it, they're your stars, etc. -- but they shouldn't have needed to do that.

hawkinmontreal

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Oakland Athletics
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Duke Blue Devils
The way they looked for 55 minutes in this game, they looked like an actual NHL team -- I was shocked. Then one bad play (Keith turnover), and this fragile team folds like a cheap suit and has to bailed out (yet again) by Kane and Lehner. I get it, they're your stars, etc. -- but they shouldn't have needed to do that.
They are a very fragile team, but I tend to put blame on the team leaders for this. Your captain and assistants need to get there team to focus and seal the deal. Yes there is a rookie coach and quit a few new team members, but the team really needs to find a way to adjust when the opponents start elevating there game.

Granada

Liked Posts:
They are a very fragile team, but I tend to put blame on the team leaders for this. Your captain and assistants need to get there team to focus and seal the deal. Yes there is a rookie coach and quit a few new team members, but the team really needs to find a way to adjust when the opponents start elevating there game.

That's fair. I'll say that the fragility of this team isn't just from the new guys -- it's from everyone. The vets have lost confidence in themselves and/or their abilities and the new guys haven't found any consistent confidence. Don't get me started on Colliton -- that guy doesn't even have the balls to speak up at all, about anything. He'll buzz in a player's ear on the bench -- probably about x's and o's -- and the player shakes his head just to get him away from him -- that's all he does. He shows zero emotion and I doubt it's much different in the locker room.

hawkinmontreal

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Oakland Athletics
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Duke Blue Devils
That's fair. I'll say that the fragility of this team isn't just from the new guys -- it's from everyone. The vets have lost confidence in themselves and/or their abilities and the new guys haven't found any consistent confidence. Don't get me started on Colliton -- that guy doesn't even have the balls to speak up at all, about anything. He'll buzz in a player's ear on the bench -- probably about x's and o's -- and the player shakes his head just to get him away from him -- that's all he does. He shows zero emotion and I doubt it's much different in the locker room.
I have absolute zero faith in JC‘s coaching abilities as such I have been advocating since he was hired to be fired, but I wont speculate on what he does or doesn’t do behind closed doors as a coach. As a coach you don’t have to show emotion or do you, maybe for some that’s a way to judge ones emotions if you see them pulling John Torterellas behind the bench.
You mentioned in your quote that JC doesn’t have the balls to speak up, but where can you justify that, I am just playing devils advocate here. Once again, I have zero faith in him. but I can’t speculate on what he does or doesn’t do as a coach when the cameras aren’t on him.

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Even after the disaster against NJ, he showed no emotion in the post game interview. This knowing his job is (hopefully) on the line.

Granada

Liked Posts:
I have absolute zero faith in JC‘s coaching abilities as such I have been advocating since he was hired to be fired, but I wont speculate on what he does or doesn’t do behind closed doors as a coach. As a coach you don’t have to show emotion or do you, maybe for some that’s a way to judge ones emotions if you see them pulling John Torterellas behind the bench.
You mentioned in your quote that JC doesn’t have the balls to speak up, but where can you justify that, I am just playing devils advocate here. Once again, I have zero faith in him. but I can’t speculate on what he does or doesn’t do as a coach when the cameras aren’t on him.

That's the impression I get from watching him in-game. The guy never speaks up, especially with regard to the refs. I'm not asking him to blow a gasket every time the ref calls a Hawk penalty, but there are some calls that are iffy, where a vocal coach can get in the ref's head later in the game and it can work in your team's favor later. You're right, obviously no one knows what goes on behind closed doors, but one can speculate based on what we actually can see, which is his bench demeanor and interviews.