12/5 - Chicago at Boston IGT

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Right now, I see Nylander as being no better than Stalberg. Same with Kubalik. Yeah, sometimes they use their speed effectively and make a decent pass here and there, but they have no hands, no finish, and are weak defensively.
The numbers say otherwise.

Kubalik is shooting at 10.5% It's not necessarily good...but right around median for FWDs overall and 6th on the team.

If you want to talk about "No Finish" this year, look no further than Debrincat, and Toews. Both have shot more than Kubalik, but are 6.5% and 5.7%, respectively. That's on the level of, "Can't find their own asshole in the dark with a flashlight after Taco Tuesday."

For comparison, Stalberg in 2013 shot around 8% (which is around what Nylander is shooting)...so yeah, Kubalik is by no means Kaner in his conversion rate, but he's not the one to blame for failure to finish his chances.

Granada

Liked Posts:
The numbers say otherwise.

Kubalik is shooting at 10.5% It's not necessarily good...but right around median for FWDs overall and 6th on the team.

If you want to talk about "No Finish" this year, look no further than Debrincat, and Toews. Both have shot more than Kubalik, but are 6.5% and 5.7%, respectively. That's on the level of, "Can't find their own asshole in the dark with a flashlight after Taco Tuesday."

For comparison, Stalberg in 2013 shot around 8% (which is around what Nylander is shooting)...so yeah, Kubalik is by no means Kaner in his conversion rate, but he's not the one to blame for failure to finish his chances.

Meh, you don't really need these stats to show that Kubalik is not a good a finisher. I can recall at least 2-3 clear-cut breakaways the guy was on, only to miss the net completely. When the Kubalik/Kampf/Saad line was in tact, how many great chances did you see him have, only to flub them? I saw a lot.

Also, Stalberg's shooting percentage in 2011-2012 was exactly the same as Kubalik's is now: 10.5%. Kubalik's may end up being much worse than it is now, as the season isn't even at the half-way point.

If Kubalik isn't to blame for finishing his own chances, who is?

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
It's time for the young guys to prove they belong.

Gibson call up before Bruins sounds like the exact wrong gameplan. Don't try to beat Bruins at their own game. I think our team is in an identity crisis where the coach wants us to fix weaknesses and play a "right" way but we are built to be hockey rebels and need to learn to impose our style again or its over for this group.

Try another coach as last resort but someone with NHL experience that understands we need to possess the puck at all costs and force end to end hockey rushes, its crows best skill and the only way we can defend, falling back. Once we lock into our own half and stand hands in pockets it's over, it's as ugly as our stagnant PK with no Smith to chase.

I was here two months ago and JCs about got to it.

Our best chance is

Saad-Toews-Kubalik
Cat-Strome-Kane
Wedin/Shaw-kampf-Nylander/Jewels
Dach/Shaw/Jewels-Carp-Smith

We should not have kept Dach it really compounds the short roster situation. He is too soft at 18 there is nowhere to put him. But those 5 guys need to share those load of those 3 spots and give us very very hard work. The top two lines have a moonshot chance to find their way.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
Meh, you don't really need these stats to show that Kubalik is not a good a finisher. I can recall at least 2-3 clear-cut breakaways the guy was on, only to miss the net completely. When the Kubalik/Kampf/Saad line was in tact, how many great chances did you see him have, only to flub them? I saw a lot.

Also, Stalberg's shooting percentage in 2011-2012 was exactly the same as Kubalik's is now: 10.5%. Kubalik's may end up being much worse than it is now, as the season isn't even at the half-way point.

If Kubalik isn't to blame for finishing his own chances, who is?

I dont really care if he is a finisher, on the offense he gets pucks thru, and shots create rebounds and easy goals. Nylander does not feed enough pucks to the net so Toews and Saad can eat. I really dont care if Kubalik scores, its getting the puck there. He is fifth on the team in shots taken, with 2 healthy scratches.

That is our goal scoring top 3, Kane, Saad and Kubalik with 6, Cat, Strome and Dach with 5.

Granada

Liked Posts:
I dont really care if he is a finisher, on the offense he gets pucks thru, and shots create rebounds and easy goals. Nylander does not feed enough pucks to the net so Toews and Saad can eat. I really dont care if Kubalik scores, its getting the puck there. He is fifth on the team in shots taken, with 2 healthy scratches.

Anyone can put a puck on net. If that's all he can do, he doesn't belong here.

Jack Lantern

Liked Posts:
When was the last time he played like that, 2-3 weeks ago? Dach has dissapeared too. At least he has an excuse of being only 18

Dach is actually doing better than 2 guys selected ahead of him. Jack Hughes, chosen 1st overall has 4 goals and a minus 13. Kappo Kakko is minus 11.

If you look at most of the top teams all have least 2 key guys producing double digits in points/goals. Blackhawks after Kane is a huge dropoff.

Toews and Cat are the guys that need to start producing. That's close to 17 million in cap money for little to no production.

Last edited:

RacerX

Silicon Valley CA Bears H
Liked Posts:
Right now, I see Nylander as being no better than Stalberg. Same with Kubalik. Yeah, sometimes they use their speed effectively and make a decent pass here and there, but they have no hands, no finish, and are weak defensively.

I.E., Dick-fingered hockey players, aka the Kellen Davis syndrome.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
Anyone can put a puck on net. If that's all he can do, he doesn't belong here.
What team have you been watching? They have been out shot by double digits in the majority of the games.
If the others can, they damn well are not doing it.

Granada

Liked Posts:
What team have you been watching? They have been out shot by double digits in the majority of the games.
If the others can, they damn well are not doing it.

Just so I have this straight: in order to be an NHL player, all one has to do is get shots on goal. That's your rationale, right?

Right now, Kubalik is nothing but a dime a dozen player in the NHL.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
Just so I have this straight: in order to be an NHL player, all one has to do is get shots on goal. That's your rationale, right?

Right now, Kubalik is nothing but a dime a dozen player in the NHL.

There are only 5 hawks ahead of him with points. Sounds like we need more like him.
I get it, you are the smart one, never wrong, dont try to have a conversation with because you will be wrong super poster.

You a plus minus guy? ok, he could be better, but currently better than Kampf, Nylander, Toews, Kukoo, Shaw, Gilbert, Murphy, Maata and Cagulla.

We can do alot worse.

congratulations, you are smarter than an idiot.

Granada

Liked Posts:
There are only 5 hawks ahead of him with points. Sounds like we need more like him.
I get it, you are the smart one, never wrong, dont try to have a conversation with because you will be wrong super poster.

You a plus minus guy? ok, he could be better, but currently better than Kampf, Nylander, Toews, Kukoo, Shaw, Gilbert, Murphy, Maata and Cagulla.

We can do alot worse.

congratulations, you are smarter than an idiot.

I find it ironic you're saying you can't have a conversation with me, when it is you flipping out over a simple question.

Anyways, if the only true way you can gauge a player is by looking at his shot attempts and plus/minus, you will never be able to gauge a player's true worth. Plus/minus is the worst stat to base anything on; it's not just me who believes this, but many professional hockey analysts have said so. There's more to the sport than simply scanning a stat sheet.

Also, if you like shots so much, were you pissed that they moved AA? Because he averaged a ton of shots each year. Should he have been kept solely because of that, in your eyes?

Granada

Liked Posts:
Strome and Lehner both in tonight.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Over/under 5 goals against tonight?

Bigfoot

CCS Enforcer
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I'm done with Capt Disconnect. Perfect chance to clear the puck on the PK up the boards; instead puts a lazy pass into the middle that turns into a great chance for the B's

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
10 minutes in and just 1 shot on goal for the Hawks.

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks