1985 Bears Not The Greatest Chicago Sports Team............

BigAl1965

Liked Posts:
I apologize as this post is going to be about cross sports. I'm speaking of a life long Chicago resident and fan. The 1985 Bears Superbowl was a wonderful thing. Mike Ditka and crew owned the city for a long time. But the truth is, when the 2016 Cubs won the WS, they owned the city. 3 million came out for the Cubs Championship parade. I'm not a troll or a "Negative Nancy". I'm just putting things in prescriptive. I predict a Bears win Sunday night. 28-24.........!!!!!

BigAl1965

Liked Posts:
Manager Joe Maddon is still more relevant today than Coach Ditka. My point, it's time to move one from the greatest defense in NFL history!! No one cares anymore.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
If only there was a baseball forum on CCS for those who, for some reason, care about it.

Teddy KGB

Cultural Icon
Liked Posts:
Does this guy have a history of being this stupid?

I won't lie that the Cubs winning the world series is one of the biggest Chicago events of all time. However, in terms of popularity, the 85 Bears still hold the title.

You don't even have to get too deep about it.

in terms of baseball the city is split between Northside and Southside. however both sides in all the suburbs get together for the Bears. No matter anyway you slice it it draws upon a larger fan base.

There's only one thing that will help people move on from the 85 Bears. That is a current Bears team winning the super bowl and being in playoff contention every year.

That's it.

Frankly, if you had put a little bit more thought into your trolling efforts, you could have made an argument for the Chicago bulls dynasty rivaling the popularity of the 85 Bears. At least in the day.

BigAl1965

Liked Posts:
Spartan, I appreciate the "Warrior Spirit". I'm trying to make people realize that the Bears are not the most important team in Chicago. I think I am like one of the 25% who actually live and breath in the city of Chicago.

delbjork1937

BANNED
Liked Posts:
Anyone bother to notice when Madden held up his hand in the Hail Satan sign, during the trophy presentation.

BigAl1965

Liked Posts:
Teddy, that is not true. Back in the early days, most people who lived in Chicago cheered for the Cubs and Sox. The whole North side/South side is a bit of a myth.

Trump32

Liked Posts:
First off, baseball barely qualifies as a sport. Secondly, who the hell still watches baseball in 2018?

delbjork1937

BANNED
Liked Posts:
Hey, wait a fucking minute...both Trubisky and Jordan came from UNC

BigAl1965

Liked Posts:
Does this guy have a history of being this stupid?

I won't lie that the Cubs winning the world series is one of the biggest Chicago events of all time. However, in terms of popularity, the 85 Bears still hold the title.

You don't even have to get too deep about it.

in terms of baseball the city is split between Northside and Southside. however both sides in all the suburbs get together for the Bears. No matter anyway you slice it it draws upon a larger fan base.

There's only one thing that will help people move on from the 85 Bears. That is a current Bears team winning the super bowl and being in playoff contention every year.

That's it.

Frankly, if you had put a little bit more thought into your trolling efforts, you could have made an argument for the Chicago bulls dynasty rivaling the popularity of the 85 Bears. At least in the day.

I'm not trolling. I'm just a young man (41) who grew up and lived in Chicago my whole life. I think my views are valid!!

BigAl1965

Liked Posts:
First off, baseball barely qualifies as a sport. Secondly, who the hell still watches baseball in 2018?

I'm a huge Bears fan. But, MLB has been gaining a lot of fans the last few years.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I'm not trolling. I'm just a young man (41) who grew up and lived in Chicago my whole life. I think my views are valid!!
Dont ever bother taking Teddy srs. 90% of his posts here are about how everyone but him is a troll or alt, and even makes crazy statements about the staff and owners having troll alts. Just do you and dont listen to him, nobody else does.

delbjork1937

BANNED
Liked Posts:
More proof it’s all rigged.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gematria and numerology have more to do with sports than you realize. Theres definitely a connection there somewhere.
Might be a good thing. But I doubt it means 6 super bowls lol

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
Gematria and numerology have more to do with sports than you realize. Theres definitely a connection there somewhere.
Might be a good thing. But I doubt it means 6 super bowls lol

Would you care to enlighten me on the influence gematria and numerology play in sports?

delbjork1937

BANNED
Liked Posts:
Would you care to enlighten me on the influence gematria and numerology play in sports?

Of course not. I'm no authority on it but I see the influences.
That's too deep a step yet for those who mock.

BigAl1965

Liked Posts:
I'm a real and big Bears fan. BUT, I think some fans here cling to 1985 like it's still relevant. Since 1985 the Chicago Cubs have made the playoffs more often than the Bears. I'm not being negative. Just a fact. When do you people give up on the ol "Superbowl Shuffle"? When does it end?

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
I'm a real and big Bears fan. BUT, I think some fans here cling to 1985 like it's still relevant. Since 1985 the Chicago Cubs have made the playoffs more often than the Bears. I'm not being negative. Just a fact. When do you people give up on the ol "Superbowl Shuffle"? When does it end?

“Everything before the word but is horse shit”