2/25 vs Blues

DaHawkz24

Liked Posts:
Another great third period vs the Blues

:hawkstroll:

EDIT: I guess it is a decent 3rd period... With 11 min left

EDIT 2: Welp... 5-5 now

EDIT 3: I guess it was exciting at least!

Last edited:

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
Gotta say it was a fun game to watch in spite of the loss.
Losing for now is probably better in the long run anyways.
completely agree, after out of position 3.5 million dollar D man gets an immediate penalty, power play goal 33 seconds in and the next few minutes a shooting gallery at crawford, I thought this game was over. Glad I stuck with it.
I thought Dach was gonna be benched a while after that way too long shift where they were screaming at him to get off the ice, but the ways the blues were getting into the zone, he was right in staying back.

I know I dont like the recycled or the re acquiring the lost assets, but I cant wait til we find a guy like Hammer again who is willing to block shots.

Granada

Liked Posts:
Gotta say it was a fun game to watch in spite of the loss.
Losing for now is probably better in the long run anyways.

It was a very weird experience watching the game last night for me. Ever since the Canadian road trip, I've been rooting for the highest draft pick possible -- so there were moments last night where, I just had to laugh and tell myself, "well, a loss is better than a win at this point." But then, after Saad scored the go-ahead in the 3rd, I said to myself, "Then again, fuck St. Louis, it'd be nice to see the Hawks win this one game." Of course, in typical Hawks fashion, we all know what happened next.

Fun game to watch. I can't believe we'll be stuck with Maatta for two more years after this, what a horrific game he had.

Dach did some nice things; he's learning how to use his size to his advantage along the boards, which is awesome, because we have so few forwards who can do that on this team.

Vegas Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Northwestern Wildcats
I don't know what else can be said about this team and this season. I've never believed in tanking for a higher draft pick, but maybe that's not such a bad idea.

What I'd really like to know is how long does it take until the people responsible for this mess are held accountable? It's been more than a few years now and all the Hawks seem to do is substitute one mediocre player for another mediocre player and get nowhere in the process. Maybe it will take until some of these lousy contracts run out but without changes at the top of the organization, does anyone really trust there won't be more of the same?

I understand the loyalty part of it, but the cost of that is high, and you still need results which they are not getting. If I hear McD say one more time that "he believes in Stan" or some other such nonsense I'm going to go batshit crazy. This is all getting too painful for loyal fans to tolerate.

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
I don't know what else can be said about this team and this season. I've never believed in tanking for a higher draft pick, but maybe that's not such a bad idea.

What I'd really like to know is how long does it take until the people responsible for this mess are held accountable? It's been more than a few years now and all the Hawks seem to do is substitute one mediocre player for another mediocre player and get nowhere in the process. Maybe it will take until some of these lousy contracts run out but without changes at the top of the organization, does anyone really trust there won't be more of the same?

I understand the loyalty part of it, but the cost of that is high, and you still need results which they are not getting. If I hear McD say one more time that "he believes in Stan" or some other such nonsense I'm going to go batshit crazy. This is all getting too painful for loyal fans to tolerate.

I was in same boat as you. But I think getting the higher pick is better now.

With Stan, we don't know. Heck, we don't even know how long his contract is...

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
It was a very weird experience watching the game last night for me. Ever since the Canadian road trip, I've been rooting for the highest draft pick possible -- so there were moments last night where, I just had to laugh and tell myself, "well, a loss is better than a win at this point." But then, after Saad scored the go-ahead in the 3rd, I said to myself, "Then again, fuck St. Louis, it'd be nice to see the Hawks win this one game." Of course, in typical Hawks fashion, we all know what happened next.

Fun game to watch. I can't believe we'll be stuck with Maatta for two more years after this, what a horrific game he had.

Dach did some nice things; he's learning how to use his size to his advantage along the boards, which is awesome, because we have so few forwards who can do that on this team.

Damn hard being a Blackhawks fan these days........

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:

depends on who is making the pick. Seems like it will be Bowman again.
But its the Blues man, gotta try to knock them down a little, but they are proving they are the new blueprint.

RacerX

Silicon Valley CA Bears H
Liked Posts:
I like what I'm seeing from Dach and Saad lately. And Toews was really impressive on the dot a few times.

Boqvist.....I still don't have a good feeling there.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Damn hard being a Blackhawks fan these days........
eh...same as it was in the 2000's, and a lot of the 1990's. IMHO we just have to weather the storm for awhile. Wish we knew how long that was but I've learned that if I can't enjoy them laying well, I'll laugh at them playing poorly.

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I like what I'm seeing from Dach and Saad lately. And Toews was really impressive on the dot a few times.

Yes to all of this. I really like focusing in on Dach when he's out. He does so many impressive things for such a young play. Hopefully he can improve on faceoffs, but when he bulks up...look out! He's not afraid of contact and starting to dish some out.

Jack Lantern

Liked Posts:

For a 1st year rook Dach is good. Hawks look like they made the right choice choosing him as Kakko (minus 23) and Hughes (minus 22) are struggling given all the hype they got in the draft.

Dach really needs to put up points next year tho. Dach needs to do heavy squats in the offseason and put on bulk to carry the 10.5 cap hit Jonny Toews on his back next year.

Last edited:

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
eh...same as it was in the 2000's, and a lot of the 1990's. IMHO we just have to weather the storm for awhile. Wish we knew how long that was but I've learned that if I can't enjoy them laying well, I'll laugh at them playing poorly.

Not really. Back then a large portion of Hawk fans weren't even alive for the last Cup celebration in 61. Blackhawks coming up short was nothing new to them. Today's fans have just seen 3 Cups in the last 10 years.....winning, especially for the bandwagon jumpers, is pretty much expected now.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Not really. Back then a large portion of Hawk fans weren't even alive for the last Cup celebration in 61. Blackhawks coming up short was nothing new to them. Today's fans have just seen 3 Cups in the last 10 years.....winning, especially for the bandwagon jumpers, is pretty much expected now.
Some fans still remember coming oh-so-close in 1992...and then things took a nosedive like Yahoo Serious' acting career.

Granada

Liked Posts:

Yup, new fans don't know how good they have it. They don't remember when the big news of the day was that the Hawks would be televising 7 -- that's right, 7! -- home games this year; or when Dollar Bill let all the stars walk for nothing. You see people constantly bitching about Toews' or even Kane's contracts, and you automatically know they weren't around for the Dark Ages.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
You always see the big deals almost always passed a year or two after they were signed. Just another Hawk mistake of over valuing the market. I dont think Kane or Toews were going anywhere, so building to 10.5 was the 20/20 hindsight move.

Its like Brady and quarterbacks getting paid or a contract laid out in front of seabrook that he just signed. I honestly believed maybe Toews and Kane would be top 20 in dollars by now, not still hovering top 5. Now you look at toronto paying 3 forwards more than kane and toews make and expect some other team to be in bigger hell.

Just cant join into the shit on Toews party because he was getting concussed over and over at the front of the net but kept playing. Most of what happened with Crows rehabs from his concussions were because of how much Toews declined by not taking care of himself.

Either way, I still fault Bowman for not trusting his prospects and spitting out 15 million to an injured DeHaan, Maata and Lehnar. The choice was never Kakko or Hughes, it was Dach or Byram, and he is playing WHL hockey averaging a point a game. Yeah, Dach seems to skate around and keeps the puck on his stick somehow magically when it looks like he should have been checked out of the play, but right now, no DeHaan or Maata or Byram developing sure sounds like a cap win. We are all just assuming Strome is going to be out after this year.

The problem being this Collitan guy crap that seems to be happening with Gilbert, and to a lesser point Strome. Sure hate to build this team for next year for Collitan guys when Collitan would be replaced by the new GM.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Yup, new fans don't know how good they have it. They don't remember when the big news of the day was that the Hawks would be televising 7 -- that's right, 7! -- home games this year; or when Dollar Bill let all the stars walk for nothing. You see people constantly bitching about Toews' or even Kane's contracts, and you automatically know they weren't around for the Dark Ages.

I remember paying $5 to see a Hawks playoff on closed circuit TV at the old Pickwick Theater in Park Ridge. Giant screen but way before today's HD technology, so you can imagine how bad the picture quality was. The Hawks always found a way to squeeze extra money out of their fanbase....they didn't call him Dollar Bill for nothing. A lot of people don't care for McDonough here and that's fine but I guarantee if he doesn't steer Rocky away from a long time family tradition, we're still listening to home games on the radio or searching the net for streams.

Granada

Liked Posts:
I remember paying $5 to see a Hawks playoff on closed circuit TV at the old Pickwick Theater in Park Ridge. Giant screen but way before today's HD technology, so you can imagine how bad the picture quality was. The Hawks always found a way to squeeze extra money out of their fanbase....they didn't call him Dollar Bill for nothing. A lot of people don't care for McDonough here and that's fine but I guarantee if he doesn't steer Rocky away from a long time family tradition, we're still listening to home games on the radio or searching the net for streams.

Yup, and we wouldn't have Pat Foley back (although some people don't like him now anyway). Now if only McD can get the ball rolling on firing Stan...