2018-19 Season Long Game Thread

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
Bulls will have a top 10 draft pick again.

"Deepest draft in 200 years. Bulls should be able to grab a Hall of Famer. "

RoseMVP1

Liked Posts:
Getting RJ Barrett would be nice, but even if we are bad enough to get the #1 pick we'll probably get fucked over.

As sad as this is, I'd love to see Shaquille Harrison get some burn and even start. I'm done with Payne. He's awful and he won't be getting any better. My friend actually ran into him at E3 this past summer and said he's a total douche and acts like he's a god. Even more reason to go away from him.

dreadpirateroberts

Liked Posts:
Everyone knew Lavine was sub par defensively. I think Dunn coming back from his personal leave will help ease that a bit. But as much instant offense Parker and Lavine can provide, they need to stagger the time they share on the floor.

I mean, defensively... this team has been a dumpster fire as predicted. I've liked seeing Lavine look for higher percentage shots. Some can be attributed to growing pains, the other to Hoiberg just not being a very good coach. It feels like he doesn't have the ability to motivate the guys to keep their foot on the gas or to play with sustained intensity. Honestly, I don't know who the answer would be as coach if Hoiberg gets axed.

Obviously, there isn't a sure-fire coach like a Brad Stevens, Steve Kerr, etc. There are a bunch of interesting candidates though like:

Becky Hammon
David Vanterpool
Ettore Messina
Jarron Collins
Jay Larranaga
Jerry Stackhouse
Stephen Silas

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
Hop on the tank!

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
At Michigan State Valentine appeared to be one of the best passers in College. Kinda thought he was too un-athletic to be anything but a PG, in the Big Baller mode where his size is his advantage, or at least a Livingston.

I'm not sure if this is a Hoiberg issue as well, but he seems useless as a SG/SF where he gets abused on the other end. With Wendel Carter behind him maybe he can steer NBA pg's well enough and help recover...I don't know...I guess its Blakeney/Payne or...

they are going to have to play

Lavine at PG, -Holiday-Parker-Portis-Carter

At least you got 3 defenders and a size/length advantage at PG without giving up quickness/speed.

Payne/Blakeney/Archy are in for a long 6 weeks against the most difficult position in NBA.
Hutchinson had 4 rebounds...good to see some work for him.

Blakeny appears to be the only PG remotely athletic enough to compete against the top 20 NBA PG's.

I think you go young Jordan with Lavine and have him run an offense, if you have an actual offense Hoiberg. Call the Lakers about Rondo? I have no idea why they are taking Ball out of the line-up in favor of Rondo. Or Kuzma in favor of Stephenson.

Lebron up to his old shitty GM tricks I guess.

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
I said this like 20 times. Valentine needs to be developed into a POINT GUARD. The way the league works, he doesn't need to play and cover PGs, he just needs these shitty PGs to run plays through him while they become the teams safety on defense and a 2nd option for breaking up traps. Valentine would make a solid half court general, which then makes him a massive upgrade.

Cam Payne no longer needs to keep track of weakside picks and Zach no longer needs to create everything. Now you cover and spread the floor while keeping DZ in positions to knock down that three when he is feeling it.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I said this like 20 times. Valentine needs to be developed into a POINT GUARD. The way the league works, he doesn't need to play and cover PGs, he just needs these shitty PGs to run plays through him while they become the teams safety on defense and a 2nd option for breaking up traps. Valentine would make a solid half court general, which then makes him a massive upgrade.

Cam Payne no longer needs to keep track of weakside picks and Zach no longer needs to create everything. Now you cover and spread the floor while keeping DZ in positions to knock down that three when he is feeling it.
Valentine is already 500x the PG that Cam Payne is. Totally down with this strategy.

RoseMVP1

Liked Posts:
And we get Kemba tonight. I’m expecting him to put up a minimum of 35. Would not be surprised if he gets 50 tonight.

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Game 4​

Charlotte (2-2); 4th in Eastern Conf. @ Chicago (0-3) 15th in Eastern Conf.

CHA.svg
@
CHI.svg

Date: Wednesday, October 24
Tip-off: 7:00 p.m. CST
TV: NBC Sports Chicago
Radio: 670 The Score
Season series: First meeting between the two teams.​

united-center.jpg

JosMin

Entirely too much tuna
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Game 4​

Charlotte (2-2); 4th in Eastern Conf. @ Chicago (0-3) 15th in Eastern Conf.

CHA.svg
@
CHI.svg

Date: Wednesday, October 24
Tip-off: 7:00 p.m. CST
TV: NBC Sports Chicago
Radio: 670 The Score
Season series: First meeting between the two teams.​

united-center.jpg
Bulls 420
Charlotte 69

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

RoseMVP1

Liked Posts:
Lavine with the clutch shot, then defensive play and free throw. Fuck the haters

RiDLer80

First time, long time.
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Miami Hurricanes
  2. Northern Illinois Huskies
Lavine's been really efficient so far this season. I'm impressed. Not too many bad shots and at times making it look easy.

JosMin

Entirely too much tuna
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Can't complain with what LaVine has brought to the table for the first handful of games -- another efficient night from the floor. Great seeing him shooting 12 free throws.

The defense has certainly been abysmal but what's surprised me a bit is just how bad the Bulls have been on the glass -- last in the league in rebounds. Very little aggression.

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
The Bulls stink. But man, LaVine is so much fun to watch.

JosMin

Entirely too much tuna
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:

RoseMVP1

Liked Posts:
Portis out 4-6 weeks with knee injury. The injury bug just keeps biting