*2018-2019 Offseason Discussion Thread*

The Boletarian

I can't wait till it's over. Enough of the back and forth already. It's apparent the only ones that know for sure what's going on are the players, their agents, and the teams involved.

Czar Nicholas

Super Nintendo Chalmers
Donator
I'd be fine with either. Harper is obviously much more marketable and probably better financially and publicity-wise for the Sox. But Machado has been more consistent and plays a position of need (3B).

The Boletarian

I'd be fine with either. Harper is obviously much more marketable and probably better financially and publicity-wise for the Sox. But Machado has been more consistent and plays a position of need (3B).
I agree completely. If we somehow got both I think I'd go home and weep. We would be set for years.

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
My favorite teams
Chicago Cubs Chicago Fire Chicago Bulls Chicago Bears Chicago Blackhawks North Carolina Tar Heels
I think it's Machado or bust for the White Sox right now.

CSF77

Closer to 200M vs 300M is not going all out.

They need to step up or step out.

brett05

1-888-NEED-HIM
I can't see Manny playing 3b for the White Sox especially with him wanting to play SS. Tim Anderson is the one that will be moved around the field or to another team in a trade if it is indeed Manny.

The Boletarian

I can't see Manny playing 3b for the White Sox especially with him wanting to play SS. Tim Anderson is the one that will be moved around the field or to another team in a trade if it is indeed Manny.
If they got Manny I could definitely see them trading Anderson at some point once Madrigal moves up.

The Boletarian

So what do you do for 2019 and quite possibly 2020 with Tim Anderson?
I think it depends on how fast he moves up. Obviously if we don't get Machado we have nothing to worry about, but if we do sign him, he plays SS, Anderson moves to 2B, and Moncada moves to 3B. Once Madrigal is ready you trade Anderson (unless someone offers you a sweet deal right away). Anderson is a decent player, but he has a low OBP and strikes out a ton.

brett05

1-888-NEED-HIM
We are putting together a very nice pen. Like the Herrera signing a lot especially paired with the Colome trade.