2019-20 MLB Hot Stove thread

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
I am not splitting OFFENSE based on DEFENSIVE position!

Pay a -fucking-tention!

He is a better offensive player than you said, and he is better defensively than your initial post would have one believe.

JFC, are you that slow?

I guess this is part of your problem, most probably someone who is much smarter than you chose to define when putting splits in statistics. When he plays center, dont count on much offense. I did not come up with this shit, there are splits. I mean, we can agree he blows at leadoff, and numbers prove he blows hitting leadoff, why should that matter where a man hits? He is just a machine, but do splits and it proves where he hits better and part of the splits are saying, dont put him in center field if you need offense from him. What spot he hits in effects him, so what he does for an hour and a half during the game clearly effects him too.

That makes me slow?

How can you say this when there are splits that clearly show playing center field effects his offense? That is what everyone wants, right, find out exactly why he hits .215 when he is in center field. These are not robots, its not your video game, they are people with fears, emotions, worries.

Thousands of numbers say playing center effects his offense. You choose to say, it does not matter and I am supposed to agree?

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
https://www.cubshq.com/

Welcome to CubsHQ

Cubs trade away catching prospect to finalize deal

by Tony Crumpton - Senior Editor - Monday, March 23, 2020 10:49 AM

Jhonny Pereda is now with the Red Sox organization (Photo credit: Smokies)

Jhonny Pereda is now with the Red Sox organization (Photo credit: Smokies)

The Chicago Cubs traded away catching prospect Jhonny Pereda to the Boston Red Sox to complete the Travis Lakins trade.
The previous trade with the Red Sox was completed on January 21 for the righty pitcher. Sadly, the Cubs lost Lakins to the Orioles ten days later on a waiver claim.

Pereda was the No. 29 top prospect on the Cubs 2019 preseason Top 30 list according to MLB Pipeline.

Read more: https://www.cubshq.com/update/Cubs-trade-away-catching-prospect-to-finalize-deal-28106#ixzz6HYI1adO2

Claimed their guy, lost their guy, lost our guy. Pereda was the catcher of the year in the minors last season.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Cubs might have the deepest system in catchers with 2 guys that could start for plenty of teams on the roster.

Good kid but he was out of minor league options and is basically getting a chance to be a back up catcher now.