2019/20 Roster and Camp Battles

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Alright, I have really hammered out a big picture of the foreign and domestic farm here as well as a messy picture of the potential slotting and major camp battles.
If I got anything wrong do not hesitate to inform me.

FORWARDS

*bold = competition leaders, *italics = good chance at this slot

1. (Cagguila/Shaw/Saad/Kubalik/Sikura1/Q2/Saarela1)-Toews-Kane

2. Cat-Strome-(Perlini/Shaw/Kubalik/Nylander/Saarela1/Dach/Smith) Those little boys need muscle, Dach?Smith?

3. (Caggs/Saad)-(Dach/Kampf/Kurashev)-(Shaw/Smith/Kubalik/Sikura/Entwhistle/Nylander/Q2/Saarela1)

4. (Dach/Kubalik/Sikura1/Q2/Saarela1/Nylander/Entwhistle/Kurashev/Hagel)-(Kampf/Carpenter)-(Smith/Shaw)

13F. Sikura1/Kampf/Carpenter/Entwhistle/Q2/Saarela1/Nylander/Hagel/Fortin/Kubalik

RASK'S BEST LINE-UP PREDICTION (first 9 games)...

Jewels-Toews-Kane
Cat-Strome-Perlini
Saad-Kampf-Shaw
Dach-Carpenter-Smith

13. Kubalik or Nylander or Sikura or 8D

imo, give Dach a chance to show it for 9, have a quick look at Kubalik or Nylander in addition, and let Sikura wait a minute would be my move with the expectation Sikura will be first up soon enough, and preserving a little guy for a few games won't hurt anything. Letting Dach expend some energy for the team, be an "engine" as Toews says. He looks phenomenal and is sturdy enough/skilled enough to give that 4th line some teeth, well fortified by some solid vets there. He can easily carry the entries for that line day 1 without having to worry about face-offs or knowing the system yet. Just be big, hit some people, and flip that line into some offensive chances. I like it. If he does go back to Saskatuwan it gives him alot of information on his game to take with him, and a taste of man strength to motivate in the gym. Some time there to look at him at 3C and/or with Cat/Strome or even Toews/Kane for a game or two just to see.

FWD DEPTH(The ripe 6, and the next 12)
Ripe 6:
Q2, Saarela1, Sikura1, Highmore, Fortin, Nylander, Versteeg, Kubalik

The Next 12:
1.Dach 2.Kurashev 3. Barratt(Penn St) 4. Jake Wise(Boston U) 5. Entwhistle 6. Kayumov (KHL) 7. Altybarmakyan (KHL) 8. Nordgren (Liiga) 9. Soderland 10. Hagel 11. Johnson 12.Teply/Saarela2/McGlaughlin/Knott
DEFENSE

1. Keith (PP)
2. Gus (PP) vs Bovquist(PP)

3. DeHaan (PK)
4. Seabs (PK)

5. Murphy (PK) vs Bovquist
6. Maata (PK) vs KK vs Beudin

7. KK vs Bovquist vs Beudin vs Dahlstrom vs Holm

CAMP BATTLE 7D!!
D DEPTH: The Next 6
1. Bovquist 2. Mitchell 3. Beudin 4. Dahlstrom 5. Krys 6. Vlasic 7. Gilbert

GOALIES
1. Crawford 2. Lehner 3. Delia vs Lankenan and Nalimov

G DEPTH
1. Nalimov 2. Lankenan 3. Gravel

in my opinion, if Rockford ends up with Nalimov/Lankenan and 9+ NHL ready forwards they are going to cremate the AHL.

Do not blame me for the mess above. Bowman/Colloton targeted entering this season with 25/26 NHL ready guys, and due to the development of Entwhistle/Beudin/Bovqist/Hagel/Dach/Kurashev and some extra guys coming over (Kubalik/Nalimov), Q2 and Saarella 1 in trades...I believe that number is closer to 32 or higher. Just an FYI, handling just 17 faceoffs Fortin had the highest win % on the team at 65% last year.

The problem is not the depth, its that last top 6 forward who can really shoot well. They certainly have the ammo to move for whatever they want.

Last edited:

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
oops

Last edited:

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
medication

Last edited:

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Saad-Toews-Kubulic
Cat-Strome-Kane
Dach-AA-Perlini
Quinville-Kampf-Kruger

This team is actually a mess to piece together. Nothing ever really leaves you satisfied on even 3 lines, but I suspect they will make more moves to link it together.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Saad-Toews-Quienville
Cat-Dach-Kane
Sikura-Strome-Perlini
Kubulic-Kampf-Kruger/AA/youth hopefully with some trades. (kubulic and Kampf play on a line in Switzerland)

This would be a favorite of mine near seasons end, however, this team is noticeably deeper than recent squads as is even before we talk about promotions of Fortin/Glass and some others.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I have to believe that a move of AA and/or Kruger and/or Forsling is imminent with the additions of Quienville, Dach, Kubuilic, Maata.

Sikura another year older. Kampf a year of experience and a full off-season with club directions.

If they weren't in the WEstern Central the playoffs might be a lock.

EbonyRaptor

Liked Posts:
Dispensing with details, the following lineup is after Anisimov is traded and Nikita Gusev is acquired from Vegas.

Gusev-Toews-Kane
Cat-Strome-Perlini
Saad-Dach-Sikura
Caggiula-Kampf-Kubalik

Keith-Gustafsson
Maatta-Jokiharju
Dahlstrom-Murphy
(Seabrook)

Bigfoot

CCS Enforcer
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Caggiula Toews Kaner
Cat Strome Kubalik
Saad Dach AA
Q Mein Kampf Perlini

Keith Gus
Maata Murphy
Seabrookzival Joker/Dahlstrom

I think that is what we have as of now. Obviously we will be adding some guys; maybe a top 6 guy but depth definitely.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Other than faceoffs, Dach might be the third best center on the team (Toews, Strome) on day 1.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
What about

Dach-Toews-Cat

Perlini-Strome-Kane

Saad-AA-Sikura

Kubilic-Kampf-Kruger

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
this team has 3 lines in there and a 4th always pulls together eventually.

Bigfoot

CCS Enforcer
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
What about

Dach-Toews-Cat

Perlini-Strome-Kane

Saad-AA-Sikura

Kubilic-Kampf-Kruger
Your forgetting Cagguila. He worked well with Toews and Kane last year before he got his brane scrambled

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
Everything I have seen, even Stan basically, has indicated Dach will need another year. So I wouldn't go penciling him in anywhere. At least now.

Bigfoot

CCS Enforcer
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I think he will get the 9 game look

Bears27

Liked Posts:
How I think the lines may shake up:

Saad – Toews – Kane
DeBringcat – Strome – Perlini
Kubalik – Pavelski – Sikura
Quenneville – Kampf – Caggiula

Keith – Gustafsson
Koekkoek – Seabrook
Maata – Joker

Crow – Delia

• Stopgap in Pavelski, since I think it'll take some time for Dach.
• Ship Anisimov & use the savings to extend Cat & Strome.
Part of me wants them to go all-in for Panarin just to run out the Panarin – AA – Kane line again, but doubt that happens.

The future looks bright though.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
Just because they traded for the career AHL'er Quenneville, does not mean he makes this roster. First they have to sign him, he is restricted, and there is a whole roster of AHL guys worthy of making the team.

They have tried to trade AA for two and a half years now, there are no takers and I really do think Bovquist is making this team. He earned it last season. Someone of Kukoo, Gus, Murphy will be on the move or Joker just might waste away in Rockford.

Pretty sure Jewels is going to get the top line with Toews and Saad again, the line was different when he was playing strong, lets Kane stick with Cat and Strome. Perlini is a 12 minute third liner. They have 9 games to play Dach before sending him away, unless they just want him skating a whole year in OHL. Probably send him away like Bovquist last year. Might be the only one out of the top 5 who is not ready for the nhl.

ruprecht

Bills Board Hall of Famer
Donator
Liked Posts:
Just because they traded for the career AHL'er Quenneville, does not mean he makes this roster. First they have to sign him, he is restricted, and there is a whole roster of AHL guys worthy of making the team.

They have tried to trade AA for two and a half years now, there are no takers and I really do think Bovquist is making this team. He earned it last season. Someone of Kukoo, Gus, Murphy will be on the move or Joker just might waste away in Rockford.

Pretty sure Jewels is going to get the top line with Toews and Saad again, the line was different when he was playing strong, lets Kane stick with Cat and Strome. Perlini is a 12 minute third liner. They have 9 games to play Dach before sending him away, unless they just want him skating a whole year in OHL. Probably send him away like Bovquist last year. Might be the only one out of the top 5 who is not ready for the nhl.

Lol. Gus is not wasting away this year, and plenty of doubt about anyone past 2.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
How I think the lines may shake up:

Saad – Toews – Kane
DeBringcat – Strome – Perlini
Kubalik – Pavelski – Sikura
Quenneville – Kampf – Caggiula

Keith – Gustafsson
Koekkoek – Seabrook
Maata – Joker

Crow – Delia

• Stopgap in Pavelski, since I think it'll take some time for Dach.
• Ship Anisimov & use the savings to extend Cat & Strome.
Part of me wants them to go all-in for Panarin just to run out the Panarin – AA – Kane line again, but doubt that happens.

The future looks bright though.

Switch Pavelski with Dach, slot Quienville into 1RW and Kane back. Experiment with Perlini or Sikura on the third or 4th, and I think its perfect.