2019/20 Roster and Camp Battles

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I don't trust Stan to sign anyone to a contract longer than 3 years at this point
That could be a problem. If Debrincat wants 8M for 6 years Stan should be all over that like Oprah on a baked ham...

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
That could be a problem. If Debrincat wants 8M for 6 years Stan should be all over that like Oprah on a baked ham...
I don't think Stan knows how to do that. He's probably pushing 10M for 15.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
FORWARDS
Cagguila-Toews-Kane

Cat-Strome-Perlini

Saad-AA-Shaw

Martinson-Kampf-Highmore

13. 5C Carpenter

CAMP BATTLE!!!!
4RW/4LW
Martinson and Highmore, favorites as the incumbents will face a diverse, fierce set of challengers in

Entwhistle/Fortin/Kurashev/Wedin/Dach/Quinnville/Olafson?/Knott?/elder Saarela/Sikura/Sikura/Kubalik

You have different ages and flavors of guys to choose from there. Deep competition so whoever wins has to step up and show something the Hawks can't do without. Force their hand or they are prepared to proceed just fine.

FWD DEPTH(Rasks: The next 12)

1.Dach 2.Kurashev 3. Kayumov(KHL) 4. Sikura/Sikura 5.Q2 6. Saarela/Saarela 7. Entwhistle 8. Wedin 9. Fortin 10. Teply 11.Olafson12.Knott

*(Barratt to remain with Penn St...is a top 3 fwd prospect if he decides to arrive)

DEFENSE
1. Keith
2. Gus (PP)

3. DeHaan (PK)
4. Seabs

5. Murphy (PK)
6. Maata (PK)

7. Joker (wildcard)

D DEPTH
Dahlstrom / Beudin / Tuulala / Vlasic

*(Bovquist, Mitchell to remain with their teams for now)

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
FORWARDS
Cagguila-Toews-Kane

Cat-Strome-Perlini

Saad-AA-Shaw

Martinson/Q2/Saarela1/Kurashev/Dach/Fortin/Entwhistle-Kampf-(4LW Losers vs Highmore/Kubalik/Sikura1/Wedin)

13. 5C Carpenter

CAMP BATTLE!!!!
4LW AND 4RW
Martinson and Highmore, as the incumbents will face a diverse, fierce set of challengers of all shapes and styles.

The first half of the season looks to be a last chance for a bunch of lads this year.
Fortin/Q2/Saarela/Highmore/Sikura are all looking for a "last chance." Martinson seems like the guy who earned the opportunity from last year. And Entwhistle/Kurashev/Dach/Kubalik/Wedin look to be young raw lads eager to prove themselves and get off the shelf.

Usually our guys go straight through waivers after camp but some may be plucked this year. I'd love move AA with the luxury of Carpenter/Kampf...just move AA at the cost of 2 of those and some picks, be done with it, have some trade flexibility next year and open up one more youth slot. While I hope for that, I still don't think they should make it Perlini's spot.

FWD DEPTH(Rasks: The next 12)

1.Dach 2.Kurashev 3. Barratt(Penn St) 4. Wedin 5. Kayumov (KHL) 6. Sikura2 7. Entwhistle 8. Teply 9. Fortin 10. Olafson 11. Saarela2 12.Knott

DEFENSE
1. Keith
2. Gus (PP)

3. DeHaan (PK)
4. Seabs

5. Murphy (PK)
6. Maata (PK)

7. Joker (wildcard) vs Dahlstrom vs KK
CAMP BATTLE!! Its Joker vs everyone Rambo style, and he may have to beat somebody decisively to even make the squad given the waste to his growth would be a press box!! So Dahlstrom ends up the poorly paid foreign actor who showed up, and likely he takes the initial position as a place holder with chance to increase his value before a sale or dump.
D DEPTH: The Next 6
1. Bovquist 2. Mitchell 3. Beudin 4. Dahlstrom 5. Vlasic 6. Tuulalo

GOALIES
1. Crawford 2. Lehner 3. Delia

G DEPTH
1. Lankenan 2. Gravel

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
@Raskolnikov Martinson signed with Anaheim
perfect!!

cuz he might of been just betteran enough, but imo not worth blocking some that are close enough. My gut is they paved the way for Sikura, and a Q vs Saarela battle on the other side to start the season unless they give Dach 9.

My preference for the big club would probably be (Entwhistle) and (Kubalik or Kucherov), but a look at Sikura/Q/Saarela won't hurt my feelings.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Consolidated to accurately reflect camp battles with realistic chances...anything else occurring would be a good thing because somebody stepped up, or maybe Dach/Kurashev get a look as 4th line winger if others underwhelm)

FORWARDS
Cagguila-Toews-Kane/Shaw

Cat-Strome-Perlini/Kane

Saad-(AA/Kurashev/Kampf/Dach)-Shaw/Perlini

(Q2/Saarela1)-(Kampf/Carpenter)-(Kubalik/Sikura1)

13. 5C Carpenter/Kampf (will also play in tandem on 4th and both sub to 3rd)

CAMP BATTLE 3C! This is an interesting question at 3C that changes the direction of the team in short term. Is it AA/Dach/Kurashev leading an offensive line? Or do you have to slide Kampf up in the temporary and let Carpenter run the 4th?

CAMP BATTLE Royale!!!!
4LW AND 4RW
Q2/Saarela1/Fortin/Entwhistle/Highmore/Kubalik/Sikura1/Wedin

Sikura, Fortin, and Highmore as the past incumbents will face a diverse, fierce set of challengers of all shapes and styles that could also include a look at Dach/Kurashev if they fail to win a center position.
The first half of the season looks to be a last chance for a bunch of lads this year.
Fortin/Q2/Saarela/Highmore/Sikura looking for a "last chance." Entwhistle/Kurashev/Dach/Kubalik/Wedin young raw lads eager to prove themselves and get off the shelf. They can go different directions here that would effect entire bottom 6 style of play and pairings.

FWD DEPTH(The next 12)
0.0. (overripe guys Q2, Saarela1, Sikura1, Highmore, Fortin, Versteeg)
1.Dach 2.Kurashev 3. Barratt(Penn St) 4. Knott 5. Kayumov (KHL) 6. Sikura2 7. Entwhistle 8. Wedin 9. Teply 10. Olafson 11. Ramsey 12. Saarela2

DEFENSE
1. Keith
2. Gus (PP)/Joker

3. DeHaan (PK)
4. Seabs

5. Murphy (PK)/Joker
6. Maata (PK)

7. Joker (wildcard) vs Dahlstrom vs KK
CAMP BATTLE 7D!! Its Joker vs everyone Rambo style. Can he crack the 6 or back to the Rock?

1. Bovquist 2. Mitchell 3. Beudin 4. Dahlstrom 5. Tuulalo 6. Vlasic

GOALIES
1. Crawford 2. Lehner 3. Delia

G DEPTH
1. Lankenan 2. Nalimov 3. Gravel

Last edited:

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My research reminded me we have the corpse of Versteeg sliding around in Rockford if we ever desired.

I'm not even going to inquire to the contract details and who is paying them for that to be...but will he be at blackhawks camp?

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
My research reminded me we have the corpse of Versteeg sliding around in Rockford if we ever desired.

I'm not even going to inquire to the contract details and who is paying them for that to be...but will he be at blackhawks camp?
Christ, Allah, and Odin I hope not!

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
Anreas Martinson just signed with Anaheim, so our other chance at some physical play has also gone away.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Anreas Martinson just signed with Anaheim, so our other chance at some physical play has also gone away.
Entwhistle and Dach are coming. Knott is 6'4" also. Olafson 6'2" 200lbs

Thats what makes 6'3" 200lb Perlini kinda a big deal for us with Cat, Kane, Sikura, and now Shaw...but Shaw/Calliguila play 6'7" like William Wallace would have.

Last edited:

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
@LordKOTL I've been reading your blasphemy against Stalgod.

You've impugned the honor of the Stalgod... I challenge thee to single combat... to the death!

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I didn't pay my cable bill the last 2 months of season and didn't know who Koekeok was...or Dahstrom...or Cagguila

So I blasphemed them...

The Hawks have to trade a D-man no?

I mean they could keep 8...and maybe stash Dahlstrom in Rockford too? KK and Joker > Murphy for me.

I hope they can move either Murphy, Seabs, or Gus...as well as trade Dahlstrom and AA...

That would open 3 roster spots for Kurashev, Dach, Joker, KK

Last edited:

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
I didn't pay my cable bill the last 2 months of season and didn't know who Koekeok was...or Dahstrom...or Cagguila

So I blashemed them...

The Hawks have to trade a D-man no?

I mean they could keep 8...and maybe stash Dahlstrom in Rockford too? KK and Joker > Murphy for me.

I hope they can move either Murphy, Seabs, or Gus...as well as trade Dahlstrom and AA...

That would open 3 roster spots for Kurashev, Dach, Joker, KK

the deal to kuku must have been a smoke screen. I know people keep bringing up having assets to expose to the expansion draft, but will this cost us the two years of contracts these guys have?

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
FORWARDS
Cagguila-Toews-Kane/Shaw

Cat-Strome-Perlini/Kane

Saad-(Smith/Kurashev/Dach)-Shaw/Perlini

(Kampf/Carpenter/Smith)-(Kampf/Carpenter/Smith)-(Kubalik/Sikura1/Q2/Saarela1/Nylander)

13. 5C Carpenter/Kampf/Smith

CAMP BATTLE 3C!

CAMP BATTLE Royale!!!!
4RW
Q2/Saarela1/Fortin/Entwhistle/Highmore/Kubalik/Sikura1/Wedin/Knott/Ramsey/Veersteeg

FWD DEPTH(The next 12)
0.0. (overripe guys- Q2, Saarela1, Sikura1, Highmore, Fortin, Versteeg)
1.Dach 2.Kurashev 3. Barratt(Penn St) 4. Knott 5. Kayumov (KHL) 6. Sikura2 7. Entwhistle 8. Teply 9.Olafson 10.Wedin 11.Ramsey 12. Saarela2

DEFENSE
1. Keith
2. Gus (PP)/Joker

3. DeHaan (PK)
4. Seabs

5. Murphy (PK)/Joker
6. Maata (PK)

7. Dahlstrom vs KK

CAMP BATTLE 7D!!

GOALIES
1. Crawford 2. Lehner 3. Delia vs Lankenan

G DEPTH
1. Lankenan 2. Gravel

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm telling you guys that Rockford is coming for a Calder Cup and Stanny has some sort of side wager on it.

Blackhawks could field a second bottom 6 in the NHL right now.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
I'm telling you guys that Rockford is coming for a Calder Cup and Stanny has some sort of side wager on it.

Blackhawks could field a second bottom 6 in the NHL right now.

Its too bad, I was looking forward to some guys winning jobs out of camp this year, Stan pretty much has built the 20 guys suiting up for game 1 via trade

Pretty sure they will find a deal for Perlini, I am not sure he showed enough last year. They got the prize in Strome

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Its too bad, I was looking forward to some guys winning jobs out of camp this year, Stan pretty much has built the 20 guys suiting up for game 1 via trade

Pretty sure they will find a deal for Perlini, I am not sure he showed enough last year. They got the prize in Strome

I like Perlini because he skates hard into danger and is 6'3" 200lbs...

He got on that hot streak and showed he can contribute in this system on the right line. He seems a step above the Sikura's, Highmore, Martini, Hayden types that don't stick.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
I like Perlini because he skates hard into danger and is 6'3" 200lbs...

He got on that hot streak and showed he can contribute in this system on the right line. He seems a step above the Sikura's, Highmore, Martini, Hayden types that don't stick.
he did, but only was really noticeable a couple games. I also figure he was expecting closer to a bridge of 2.5-3, not a measly million.

Kane, Toews, Saad, Shaw, Jewels, Strome, Cat, Kampf, Smith, Carpenter with Nylander, Queneville probably expecting to make the team might have two spots to actually win while having a 2 man rotation of healthy scratches along with the extra dman of kukoo or Dahlstrom up constantly.

Resign Perlini and there is only 1, even though right now there is 3 million left in space with two forward spots to fill. No doubt we get some invites as well.

Just shows no trust in the system guys and no room to resign Cat.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Camp battles probably look more like this now....

have they stated they are trading Perlini or you guys are speculating?

FORWARDS
Cagguila-Toews-Kane/Shaw

Cat-Strome-Perlini/Kane

Saad-(Kampf/Kurashev/Dach)-Shaw/Perlini

Carpenter-Smith-(Kubalik/Sikura1/Q2/Saarela1/Nylander)

CAMP BATTLE 3C! Stan has taken most of the drama from this roster, but he can't take it all. Kampf will have to earn his place ahead of younger more talented players.

CAMP BATTLE Royale!!!!
4RW
Q2/Saarela1/Fortin/Entwhistle/Highmore/Kubalik/Sikura1/Wedin/Knott/Ramsey/Veersteeg will look to show they can give teeth to and fit in with a 4th line that might just end up Kampf-Smith-Carpenter, but probably Kurashev and Dach ferment another year, Kampf runs the third, and Carpenter/Smith will be looking for the right fit...many of these guys are probably better suited for top 9 skill lines, but if they keep Perlini there isn't much of a competition there. Maybe Nylander could push Perlini, or perhaps is the guy they sought to replace Perlini if they decided to move-on.

CAMP BATTLE FOR LOST SPOT!
13F or 8D.
This last spot could go to Q2, Saarela1, or Sikura1, any of the guys in the running for 4RW...maybe used for a Kurashev 9 game look, or in the event Dach made the team go to Kampf. It could also go to Dahlstrom/KK if that is how Colloton rolls.

FWD DEPTH(The next 12)
0.0. (overripe guys- Q2, Saarela1, Sikura1, Highmore, Fortin, Versteeg)
1.Dach 2.Kurashev 3. Barratt(Penn St) 4. Knott 5. Kayumov (KHL) 6. Sikura2 7. Entwhistle 8. Teply 9.Olafson 10.Wedin 11.Ramsey 12. Saarela2

DEFENSE
1. Keith
2. Gus (PP)/Joker

3. DeHaan (PK)
4. Seabs

5. Murphy (PK)/Joker
6. Maata (PK)

7. Dahlstrom vs KK

CAMP BATTLE 7D!!

GOALIES