Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Kubalik-Toews-Kane
Cat-Strome-Perlini
Saad-Dach-Shaw
Jewels-Kampf/Carp-Smith

That could be your 13 for 9 games anyway, with some movement around Dach's positioning to put him in places to succeed.

Jewels-Dach-Smith for instance, or Saad-Dach-Smith also make sense and reduce his face-offs.

After Kubalik, who arrives on a meteoric trajectory,
I think Saarela and Kurashev are the most ready guys right now. Even further along than Sikura. But if Sikura/Nylander camps disagreed I wouldn't argue.

Those 5 guys, plus Hogan and Entwhistle...is Highmore still around? That is your group that will get a look this year along with Bovqist/Beudin on defense.

Next year Barrett and Mitchell should enter that group with a couple more surprises...so for some guys it should be crack into it or move them along.

Kubalik is a big strong kid, ripe at age 24, a Swiss league MVP with 60 points, and nobody but Kane, Cat and Saarela possess that type of scoring/shooting ability.
(well..Bovqist and maybe Beudin).

Shaw and Jewels produce other ways, or rather, work had to give themself a chance in every way possible and skate well, chaos well, scrap, fight, move, repeat, etc..., and Saad is the most invisible 50 point type guy in history of league. I think half his goals are when he becomes invisible to the opposition as well. He just floats around and waits for his sneak attack when everyone starts to discount his existence, or quick moves the puck to someone willing to hold it. haha....seriously this dude should be investigated...I don't remember him making any plays. I guess invisiible is a good trait for a cherry picker. Maybe that is who Nylander models his game after.

Scouting room: "You aren't going to believe this Stan, but we found another invisible player."

Oh well, AA, Saad, and Gus prove that invisible just do your job points are available on this Hawks team if you keep the puck moving or go to the area. I just view Nylander as 3rd in line even among the new assassins...but in addition to the faceoffs they can now win with good 6 center depth BEFORE we bring up Dach, I think those 3...Kubalik/Nylander/Saarela just need to produce that one last goal scorer I thought we needed to trade for. Shaw mitigated the need for points some, and if one of them can be a goal scorer and create some points off better shooting, I think the spaces have been there and its been brutal watching this Hawks team shoot is all, pathetic into the knees Q style just slide it at net weak ass bullshit...I'm talking about assassins that this team has woefully lacked without Panarin after Toews/Keith shots went to shit. Its why Hinostroza was actually valuable to this team, he could actually shoot 2 feet off the ice when warranted. And Smaltz was valuable too, carrying the puck, but with Dach and some scorers those guys are in the past already (obviously Strome carrying his load to the ceiling)

This year is on Colloton to fix the defense and show he can use a full toolbox to get something done. Stan got a little of everything for him and they are indeed 25 deep, 26, 27, 28 and counting. imo...great off-season by Stan.

GREAT!!

Now keep Kubalik/Lehnar/Cat/Strome and watch this team steam roll for the next 20-28 months.

Last edited:

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
No Seabs?

I don't think Seabs is a top 8 defender on this Hawks squad as of right now, with 3-4 still improving and another coming next year to make it 9.

But Seabs brings a hard clutch shot and crease clearing ability too, professionalism. The league changed. IDK...I leave Seabs to the coaches to figure out. I'd have a place for him if he was willing to get physical again.

ruprecht

Bills Board Hall of Famer
Donator
Liked Posts:
I don't think Seabs is a top 8 defender on this Hawks squad as of right now, with 3-4 still improving and another coming next year to make it 9.

But Seabs brings a hard clutch shot and crease clearing ability too, professionalism. The league changed. IDK...I leave Seabs to the coaches to figure out. I'd have a place for him if he was willing to get physical again.

Yeah, he has been a warrior for the Hawks and you have to respect that. However, at this stage in his career being physical is all he has left and, well, it's lacking

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yeah, he has been a warrior for the Hawks and you have to respect that. However, at this stage in his career being physical is all he has left and, well, it's lacking

I am content to have that physical tool in the box, if seabs is the 7th man in a rotation I think its fine. Doesn't make contract sense, but it does make "well this guy earned it with 3 championships sense"...

players won't be talking about Seabs money. Its just a problem front office has already worked around. Stick him in Rozy's old role and be happy, imo.

Then try to get some trade value from Gus/Murphy/KK...but I'd take a look at Murphy/De Haan/Maata until the trade deadline and start sorting out who they can protect in draft and stuff.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Kubalik-Toews-Kane
Cat-Strome-Perlini
Saad-Kurashev-Shaw
Jewels-Dach-Smith

13. Carp

Keith
Bovquist

Murphy
Maata

De Haan
Seabs

KK

My personal take is that Kurashev and Bovquist may start in Rockford until the Hawks get a value matching offer on Gus.

Dach gets that spot for his 9 games before decision, and no need to rush Kurashev up.

But above is probably the best team they have even now. Gonna take Dach's 9 games before a picture becomes clear.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Ok. I know I'm an idiot but WHO THE FUCK IS JEWELS AND WHY DO YOU KEEP CALLING HIM JEWELS.
Somebody else started it, I gave in and I like it. Something to do with starting to swing on Buff is best I can figure. Buff deserved it though. I think everyone on the ice was proud of him, Buff and Jets staff included. So...Jewels.

How about we all split the difference and start calling him Caligula. It's a better nickname anyhow. :p

The big issue with Seabs is that there are likely though in the 'hawks brass who would be very reticent to have 6.8M fetching off Eddie-O night-in/night out.

I think Seabs might slowly start to have his time reduced, but I'd be fucking shocked if he didn't play at least 3/4 of the season.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
How about we all split the difference and start calling him Caligula. It's a better nickname anyhow. :p

The big issue with Seabs is that there are likely though in the 'hawks brass who would be very reticent to have 6.8M fetching off Eddie-O night-in/night out.

I think Seabs might slowly start to have his time reduced, but I'd be fucking shocked if he didn't play at least 3/4 of the season.

I second Caligula....have considered often using it as well.

Last edited:

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
its 9:10-9:20 in viddy above...adult discretion advised.

Jewels on Stilts.

iu

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:

I think I was the first one to write Jewels here and just letting you know it came from an interview someone had with Kunitz. That is what the locker room refers to him as.

I think I started with Caggs, and Jewels makes so much more sense.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
today the report out is DeHaan is still recovering from shoulder surgery and is doubtful for the season opener, so maybe the door is open for bovquist for at least the first 9.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yeah de haan is going to start physically and financially on IR. Accumulating cap while they sort out trades for Gus, Kk, dahlstrom, or Seabs/Murph if they could.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yeah de haan is going to start physically and financially on IR. Accumulating cap while they sort out trades for Gus, Kk, dahlstrom, or Seabs/Murph if they could.
I mean I think the good thing is those 5 guys getting the chance to compete or play for jobs. Even with gus maybe we could afford him if he would be reasonable.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Someone has to pay us something for defenders.