Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Hoping for Byram, but Dach pick is fine by me

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
Fucking bowman lol

I don’t hate the pick but definitely don’t love it. Way to kill the mood for the third pick in the draft

ruprecht

Bills Board Hall of Famer
Donator
Liked Posts:
Fine with it. Big dude, center, 2 way player. I'll take it. Getzlaf comp works for me. Byram was my first choice. But they have drafted D heavy lately, so not a shocker

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Fucking bowman lol

I don’t hate the pick but definitely don’t love it. Way to kill the mood for the third pick in the draft
stupid mother fuck god damn smart kid in the fucking stupid fucking room wtf is this shit you goddamn fucking moron of a stupid fuck!!!!

KBIB

Would like my account deleted
Liked Posts:
They could have traded down.

Not mad, not happy

RacerX

Silicon Valley CA Bears H
Liked Posts:
Well, for Stan Bowman it's a good pick.

For an average GM, I grade it a B/B-.

For a good GM, this was a C/C+.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
They could have traded down.

Not mad, not happy
I think that's the problem I'm having. If you knew you weren't taking Byram or Tourcotte or hell even cozens maybe. Trade the fuck down. Kid is solid but does anyone else pick him at 3.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I should have looked into Dach more.

I like that he is Canadian and I like his size. He should be ready to go very soon.

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think that's the problem I'm having. If you knew you weren't taking Byram or Tourcotte or hell even cozens maybe. Trade the fuck down. Kid is solid but does anyone else pick him at 3.

No doubt. I'm OK with the pick, but if Stan traded down he still could have gotten Dach, Cozens, or Turcote.
Could have got another pick or player out of it,

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
No doubt. I'm OK with the pick, but if Stan traded down he still could have gotten Dach, Cozens, or Turcote.
Could have got another pick or player out of it,

Was there a team trying to move to 3? I know Stan said they would not move but we can’t be sure he didn’t explore his options last night. I like the idea of a big center that is tough to knock off the puck with elite passing skills. He can put the puck in the net too. I think the real head scratcher pick was Detroit taking Seider. They left a lot of talent on the board for a player with a low ceiling.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
I should have looked into Dach more.

I like that he is Canadian and I like his size. He should be ready to go very soon.

Stan said right after they picked him he will be given every opportunity to make the big club this year. I believe they think he’s ready to go. Stan also mentioned his NHL size.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:

That is what I was thinking it was getting the third pick for no reason.

But on the flip side I didn’t notice any trades in the first round which was kind of odd. I dozed off around pick 15 so I could have missed a trade

Probie2429

Liked Posts:
Lot of 1st round talent fell to the 2nd. I want to see what Stan does in the 2nd before I judge the Dach pick.

Lavioe is still available for example.

ruprecht

Bills Board Hall of Famer
Donator
Liked Posts:
Was there a team trying to move to 3? I know Stan said they would not move but we can’t be sure he didn’t explore his options last night. I like the idea of a big center that is tough to knock off the puck with elite passing skills. He can put the puck in the net too. I think the real head scratcher pick was Detroit taking Seider. They left a lot of talent on the board for a player with a low ceiling.

Agreed about Detroit. Everybody was wtf-ing

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Here's an interesting look at Dach. Not highlights, a full playoff game just showing his shifts. Initial reaction....moves pretty well for a big guy, Kaner like hands featuring a very quick release, sometimes looks a little disinterested and really needs some work at the dot. I'd have to see more but just off this video he appears to be a very talented big center but at taking him at #3 might be a bit of a stretch.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
Considering Byram went immediately at 4 many teams would have loved to have the best defensive men in the draft yeah I'd say there was value of him at 3 which means they could have easily moved down.
Edit. actually think of it this way The Hawks pick was the most valuable in that it was the only one that was probably available in this draft at the top because one and two weren't budging and we all knew who they were going to pick. But three that was still anyone's guests which means they could have easily swung a trade to trade down if they knew they weren't going to take the playeror hell even players that people thought they were. So many other players that were penciled in at that spot and they didn't even take them so swapping down to say even seven would have been huge move. No one was moving up to 3 to take dach probably. Hell maybe even try to do a reverse bears and flop with the four and let them take Byram at 3.