2019 Draft

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Considering Byram went immediately at 4 many teams would have loved to have the best defensive men in the draft yeah I'd say there was value of him at 3 which means they could have easily moved down.
Edit. actually think of it this way The Hawks pick was the most valuable in that it was the only one that was probably available in this draft at the top because one and two weren't budging and we all knew who they were going to pick. But three that was still anyone's guests which means they could have easily swung a trade to trade down if they knew they weren't going to take the playeror hell even players that people thought they were. So many other players that were penciled in at that spot and they didn't even take them so swapping down to say even seven would have been huge move. No one was moving up to 3 to take dach probably. Hell maybe even try to do a reverse bears and flop with the four and let them take Byram at 3.

Not only Byram....but you see the run on defenseman that all go in the top 10 and push out all the centers and USA development players we were looking at.

They were valuing the 4th defenseman more than Zegras/Caufield..2nd pairing guys...

which means Bowman has to be correct about Dach or he won't live down the Byram pass.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
This video shows alot.
This young man shows you all you want to know. I like the jersey on the wall behind him, forgive his accent and youth, but Dach is also his favorite player and he went to his favorite team. This video was made before the draft. Calls Dach his favorite junior player.

ruprecht

Bills Board Hall of Famer
Donator
Liked Posts:
Could be wrong, but not sold on Hughes. With his body build you have to be Kane or.....struggles will ensue

ruprecht

Donator
Liked Posts:
This video shows alot.
This young man shows you all you want to know. I like the jersey on the wall behind him, forgive his accent and youth, but Dach is also his favorite player and he went to his favorite team. This video was made before the draft. Calls Dach his favorite junior player.

That was good. Nice mitts, good passer, backchecks. Can bulk up a little.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Could be wrong, but not sold on Hughes. With his body build you have to be Kane or.....struggles will ensue
His skating is way beyond even Kane. Hands? Yeah nobody has those hands...but his skating is unreal. Figure skater and agility/vision to avoid hits and create in the chaos. He is special but you do worry about him when they test his body.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
Alex vlasic D was our second round pick. Thoughts? There were plenty of defensemen taken before him already

Wings have gone drafting defensemen crazy this draft and many on talk radio locally believe all of them were reaches.

Bigfoot

CCS Enforcer
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Michal Teply F was taken with out 4th pick.

Only thing I know is I drafted him in NHL 19, and he lead the Hogs in hits. Big guy over 6'3

Bigfoot

CCS Enforcer
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Stole this from another site on Teply

ruprecht

Donator
Liked Posts:
Big lads incoming

Bigfoot

CCS Enforcer
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Annti Saarela C our 2nd 4th round pick.

Have no info; see if I can steal some for you boys

Bigfoot

CCS Enforcer
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

Here is what I could find

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
I see allot of the news just stopped after the second round lol

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
It took the Blues winning for Stan to finally draft some beef puck.

For fucks sake its overdue. But nice big class plus the stocky Quienville. I'm not sure why Hayden was such a shitty skater and his hands didn't develop...but we didn't lose much except the consternation of figuring out exactly where to play the kid.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
7 round cole moberg d

And it’s all over folks

Looks like the writers have taken the weekend off haven’t found any new takes on our 4-7 round picks

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Been reading no one was looking to move up to 3. Most GM's felt after the 1st 2 picks, there wasn't much separation in talent from picks 3-10